Hello from Ohio.... - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2018, 09:22 AM   #1

Trailer: Coachman Clipper
Hello from Ohio....

Hello all.... my wife (Diane) and I are both retired (me a Police Motor Officer, her from the school system) and are selling our house and planning on full time or mostly full time living in a fifth wheel trailer. After owning many class A, C's, and a few trailers, we are leaning towards the Escape in an effort to get one that will leak less than norm. Since it will be just the two of us, the 5.0 seems ideal. We are open to comments from other owners of Escape trailers, and would LOVE to come and see some, especially the 5.0 if you are anywhere near Akron, Ohio, or even anywhere in OHIO or nearby. We also have room if anyone is traveling through the area and would like a place to stay for the night (free shower and home cooked meal included!!). We are near the ProFootball HOF, 45 minutes from Rock and Roll HOF, and Amish Country is a hop skip and jump. Send us a note if you are in the area and we could even treat you to a great FRIED CHICKEN DINNER which is a specialty of the area......
So, thanks for the help and hope to hear from ya'll soon...

Jeff and Diane....
apopj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:11 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome: J&D to our little fiberglass world. Please tell us about your tow vehicle and travel plans. Also you may want to contact ETI and arrange for a viewing of the 5.0 TA that may be near you.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:23 AM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Welcome Jeff and Diane. If durability, efficiency and resale value are important to you, you've landed in the right place. Definitely call Escape and check out a 5.0TA in your area.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:38 AM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
Hello Jeff and Dianne. We have a 19 that we received last April. We LOVE it. While it is not a 5.0 we would love to show it to you some time and tell you why we love it. We live in Hudson and we store it in Solon. Let us know if you are interested in getting together some time to check it out.
Ralph and Linda.
Old 03-11-2018, 07:19 PM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
Jeff and Diane,

We are located on the other side of Wooster just off 30. It's an hour from North Canton where my son used to live. PM me and we can set up something. We have a 2014 21'.

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:43 AM   #6

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Hi there we live in Kent and our new 21 is parked in Macedonia just a few miles fro Akron. Let us know if you’d like to take a peek, we picked irt up last summer so it’s the new model. We also looked thoroughly at the 5.0ta in Chilliwack and could describe the differences
John
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 07:54 AM   #7

Hello and thanks for the reply... we would love to see your RV. As I mentioned, we are currently looking at the fifth wheel as having the bed over the truck seems to use the space efficiently. We currently have a small trailer which is very nice, but there is NO storage and we plan on very extended travel.
Please give me a call and we can set something up. We are both retired, however I drive a school bus (ask me about that if you need a part time job!!) so evenings or weekends would be best.

Thanks so much for the help...

Jeff and Diane 330-819-5834
Old 03-12-2018, 08:03 AM   #8

By the way, I have started a new Users Group "Ohio Escape-ers" in the group section of this site.... please join us
Old 03-12-2018, 08:58 AM   #9

Hello Carl (skiman), glad to find another Escape owner in Ohio. Hope we run into each other sometime, just not while driving.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:04 AM   #10

Jeff and Dianne, just signed up for the "Ohio Escape-ers". Great idea for all of us Buckeye Escape owners. I love the idea of an Ohio group and maybe we can do a little rally somewhere, sometime. We went to the Niagara Grape Escape Rally in Niagara Falls, Ontario last year. It was our first camper rally and weren't sure what to expect but we had an unbelievably GREAT time. We plan on going again this year. It is the weekend of Sept. 14-16th. If people are interested you can search for Niagara Grape Escape 2018.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:43 PM   #11

Just saw that there are three short videos on Youtube by a couple who recently picked up their new 5.0 Escape in Chilliwack. I think the videos are titled Escape Pod Pickup. There is a mini tour of the outside and inside.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:36 PM   #12

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonner View Post
Just saw that there are three short videos on Youtube by a couple who recently picked up their new 5.0 Escape in Chilliwack. I think the videos are titled Escape Pod Pickup. There is a mini tour of the outside and inside.
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7...res-11962.html
rubicon327 is online now   Reply With Quote