Hello from Oregon! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2022, 01:21 PM   #1

Trailer: 2022 21NE
Hello from Oregon!

We haven't picked up our 21 NE yet - that's in just over a month.
Was doing my pre-pickup research and found this forum - greetings all!
Oregon21NE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 02:02 PM   #2

Trailer: 2022 21C, our second Escape
Hi from Hillsboro too! I’ll be interested to see where you choose to travel around here with your new Escape. First shakedown at Stub Stewart by any chance?
Small but Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 06:11 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Yet another hello from Hillsboro; 2014 -21 here. getting to be quite a few Escapes around here - think we're tied with Casitas at 3.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 05:44 PM   #4

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21C
Looking at ordering Escape 23

Hi fellow Oregonians. We are looking at ordering an Escape. We have a dog, and our current full Murphy bed is not working well since she is a spoiled mutt. Neither my husband or I are wanting to crawl over each other on the way to our nighttime loo, so the corner bed, or queen in the 21 doesn’t sound workable. I do like the idea of the twin bed option in the Escape 23 since we both like our space, so we are waiting for the lottery. Any thoughts or observations would be very welcome.
KarenPDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 06:24 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPDX View Post
Hi fellow Oregonians. We are looking at ordering an Escape. We have a dog, and our current full Murphy bed is not working well since she is a spoiled mutt. Neither my husband or I are wanting to crawl over each other on the way to our nighttime loo, so the corner bed, or queen in the 21 doesn’t sound workable. I do like the idea of the twin bed option in the Escape 23 since we both like our space, so we are waiting for the lottery. Any thoughts or observations would be very welcome.
You could get an Escape 19 with dinettes/beds in front and rear...
Old 07-03-2022, 07:23 PM   #6

Trailer: 2022 21C, our second Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPDX View Post
I hope you haven’t been misled about the Escape 23. It’s still in very early development and seems to be "years" away for now. The Escape lottery is a different thing, for people with a deposit it lets them enter for the chance to buy a completed inventory model and skip the long wait, but they haven’t been producing many inventory ones lately and never a 23.

For those who don't want the crawl-over, 21C or 5.0 work well, or some people simply make their dinette into a second bed at night, which you can do in any of the models.
Small but Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 07:29 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
We have a 2014 21C just North of Hillsboro, close to the Helvetia Tavern. If you haven't seen the corner bed in person might want to stop by.

Send me a PM if interested.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 08:06 PM   #8

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
As suggested, two beds in the 19 would work. I find that about 30 inches wide is plenty for me in my 17A--you'd still have room to sit on either side of that bed, as well as have a small table--either lagun, or a freestanding table. Escape (back in the day) made my table in two pieces...one for under the bed, and one piece of "the rest" of the table.
Old 07-03-2022, 11:08 PM   #9

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
Oregon21NE - Welcome! I'm just down the road in Tigard. Loving my 21NE that I have had coming up on 2 years.

KarenPDX - I have a double dinette 21NE, and the wife and I sleep in the front, which we leave set up as a bed almost all the time. (The granddaughters have the rear dinette which they are quite adept at changing from dinette to bed and back.)

The advantage of the front bed is that the side is open from the front edge of the bathroom to the passenger side wall by the door. Instead of "crawling over", I am able to "crawl around", as Mary's feet don't reach to the passenger wall. She just has to pull them up a little as I go around. Much easier than having to exit into the space between the stove and reefer in the standard layout.

I plan on making the front bed arrangement permanent using the rails and slats from an old Ikea bed frame and ordering a custom mattress to fit. I figure to move the electrical panel to the driver's side bench and take out the front and passenger side benches to make a large storage space underneath the bed.
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 12:10 AM   #10

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21C
I love all the bed work arounds

Thank you all the great ideas on how to make the smaller trailers work. We have been considering an Oliver or Escape, but it seems like the Escape has more flexible storage which is important, so we are leaning that way. We have a trailer that works for now, but think that fiberglass is our next trailer. I am so glad there are so many Oregon owners who love their trailer.
KarenPDX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
21ne, orgeon, pnw