Hello from rural Ithaca NY - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2021, 11:08 AM   #1

Trailer: Placed deposit on 21 NE
Hello from rural Ithaca NY

Hello to All:

We are super excited, we placed a deposit on a 21 NE - thanks for the tips and guidance we received from a number of you on the forum so far. We plan to go with the contemporary design.

I'm a Canadian from Toronto - travelling back and forth to see family and my business main office. Maricelis is Puerto Rican - running one of Cornells International programs.

We LOVE glamping - and being recent to Upstate NY - have been LOVING glamping and pack canoeing in the Adirondaks - REALLY looking forward to taking it up a notch and travelling North America.

Not sure if any of you are Rotarians, but that's one of our shared passions as well.

Look forward to meeting many of you "on the road".

Warm Regards,

Dennis and Maricelis
dennis.gray@backyardbrands.com
DennisJGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 11:28 AM   #2

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
CONGRATULATIONS !! On you order now the wait and fun begin. Migytt be the first 21 NE in NY. I sent you a pm also.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 11:31 AM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
"All in the family"

Hi: DennisJGrey... I'm not sure if you know the Markham connection or not. I believe the Trillium Trailer MFG. was done in Markham Ont. during the '70's. We parked our '07 5.0 next to one in PEI several years ago and noticed a family resemblance. Of course I think the Escapes are on steroids!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1010362.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 11:34 AM   #4

Hi There!

Although i lived in the general area most of my life - i don't recall Trillium Trailers - BUT it is Ontario's Provincial Flower and got lots of exposure over the years. Too Cute!

Dennis
Old 03-02-2021, 02:39 PM   #5

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
Welcome, Dennis and Maricelis! All the best with your 21NE!

Many happy memories of Ithaca! I began my career at Cornell and met and married my wife there, and she is a Cornell alumna. Wonderful place!
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 08:40 PM   #6

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Small world, I lived all but about 6 of my 80 years near Ithaca. My wife and i were married there. Love the land, but taxes drove us out.
Tom&Joan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 09:05 PM   #7

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Welcome Dennis and Maricelis. You landed in a good spot with Escape. The 21NE is a great choice. I looked up your company and have a few questions. I’ll send you a PM.
Old 03-02-2021, 09:08 PM   #8

Small world indeed! We had to move on because top universities do not hire their own doctoral students and, therefore, my wife could only work at places other than Ithaca/Cornell.

Many happy memories! Still think highly of Ithaca, but happier West of the Rockies...

Love your part of the world as well. Did many many hikes in the Smokies over the years - and that's what we think of when we think of Tennessee.
Old 03-02-2021, 10:56 PM   #9

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21, 1977 Scamp 13
Welcome to the forum. It will be nice to have another Escape in the Finger lakes. New York Hillbilly isn't to far from you in Naples and I am just a little bit further West in Dalton. Once you get your camper, you will have to try out camping at Letchworth, which is in our backyard.
tburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 05:34 AM   #10

Thanks! - and we LOVE the Ithaca area (just miss our families)! How has your ESCAPE experience been?
Old 03-03-2021, 05:37 AM   #11

Thanks! Well we love the Rockies. Family in Calgary and Fairmount BC - many winters doing high mountain snowmobiling - The Smokies is on our list, any suggestions? How has your ESCAPE experience been?

Thanks
Dennis
Old 03-03-2021, 05:39 AM   #12

Hi There, thanks! I am new to the Board, and navigating it, so far haven not seen your PM. here is my email - dennis.gray@backyardbrands.com

How has your ESCAPE experience been?

thanks

Dennis
Old 03-03-2021, 05:41 AM   #13

Thank you - we will check out the location! It would be great to meet up in the future. How have you enjoyed your ESCAPE any options or Mod's you recommend? Thanks!

Dennis
Old 03-03-2021, 06:45 AM   #14

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21, 1977 Scamp 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisJGray View Post
Thank you - we will check out the location! It would be great to meet up in the future. How have you enjoyed your ESCAPE any options or Mod's you recommend? Thanks!
We love our Escape. It is our 2nd one. We had a 17B first and that was great too, but we needed to up-size and purchased a 21. Options and Mods? Too, Too many to list.
tburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 07:43 AM   #15

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:

Dennis
Hi: DennisJGray... Having an Escape is much like having an Alexander Keith's...Those that love 'em, love 'em a lot!!! http://www.keiths.ca Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 08:03 AM   #16

Quote:
Hi There, thanks! I am new to the Board, and navigating it, so far haven not seen your PM. here is my email - dennis.gray@backyardbrands.com

How has your ESCAPE experience been?

thanks

Dennis

Dennis: I will email or PM you. Haven't got to it yet. Just for future reference instead of hitting "Post Reply" at the bottom of the page you should hit "QUOTE" under who you are replying to. It allows those following the thread to know who you answering/addressing. It will then look like this post with your information above. If you ever want to quote multiple people in the same reply you hit "Multi-Quote" on each post that you want to quote and then just hit "Quote" on the last post you have selected.
Old 03-03-2021, 08:09 AM   #17

Just an example

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tburt View Post
We love our Escape. It is our 2nd one. We had a 17B first and that was great too, but we needed to up-size and purchased a 21. Options and Mods? Too, Too many to list.
Multi-quote will then look like the above. Each can be edited as well if you want to address something specific in a quote. This kind of formatting makes the thread much more manageable for everyone.
Old 03-03-2021, 08:14 AM   #18

Quote:
Thanks! - and we LOVE the Ithaca area (just miss our families)! How has your ESCAPE experience been?
Wonderful! We have yet to pick up our Escape. It is scheduled at the end of May. But, the experience thus far has been quite good. No complaints.

One piece of advice - Please do not leave your email out there. If possible, edit the posts to remove. The reason is that there are web crawlers that harvest them for spam targeting.
Old 03-03-2021, 10:10 AM   #19

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Dennis: Just for future reference instead of hitting "Post Reply" at the bottom of the page you should hit "QUOTE" under who you are replying to. It allows those following the thread to know who you answering/addressing. It will then look like this post with your information above. If you ever want to quote multiple people in the same reply you hit "Multi-Quote" on each post that you want to quote and then just hit "Quote" on the last post you have selected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Multi-quote will then look like the above. Each can be edited as well if you want to address something specific in a quote. This kind of formatting makes the thread much more manageable for everyone.
Great job explaining this Dave. It took me fair amount of work to figure this out. I am sure your post will be beneficial to many!