Hello from South Bend - Seriously looking at 21' - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2017, 04:28 PM   #1

Trailer: 21' Escape - 2018
Hello from South Bend - Seriously looking at 21'

I'm a little slow introducing myself here. My wife and I already own a fiberglass egg and we are sold that they are the best trailer options on the camping trail. I will be retiring sometime in the next 2 years and would like to have more usable space than my Casita 17' SD affords. If anyone who owns a 21' Escape and is planning a camping trip that brings them near to South Bend Indiana let me know. I would be open to travel up to 150 miles to see one in person. ETI has told me the closest owner to me with a 21' is several hours away. - Dan
1Oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 05:07 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome Dan,
Several hours away may seem a lot but several of us have driven 3000 miles before seeing one in person, at the factory. In addition, Elkhart, which is near you, seems to be one of Escapes major supplier as well as drop off point for customers further away. Perhaps Escape can give you when the next delivery is in Elkhart and you can can arrange a viewing with the new owner during delivery. Finally there is a rally on the Mississippi in September- see here for details http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...-1-a-9534.html
there will be several Escapes there, if you can wait.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:27 PM   #3

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Oldman View Post
I'm a little slow introducing myself here. My wife and I already own a fiberglass egg and we are sold that they are the best trailer options on the camping trail. I will be retiring sometime in the next 2 years and would like to have more usable space than my Casita 17' SD affords. If anyone who owns a 21' Escape and is planning a camping trip that brings them near to South Bend Indiana let me know. I would be open to travel up to 150 miles to see one in person. ETI has told me the closest owner to me with a 21' is several hours away. - Dan
Welcome. We went four hours to see a new one and it ended up that we bought it from them a few months later. And then we bought another Escape, too! (And went Iowa to Chilliwack to get that one.) So you never know. Chances are that you will like what you see and decide that it was worth it.

Perhaps you will hear from an owner in the Chicago area or elsewhere not too far.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 06:04 PM   #4

Trailer: 21' Escape (June 2014)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Welcome Dan,
Several hours away may seem a lot but several of us have driven 3000 miles before seeing one in person, at the factory.
Indeed. And we never doubted for a moment that it was the right thing to do. It was a great trip (6,200 miles).
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 06:16 PM   #5

Thanks, A couple of interesting ideas to ponder.
Old 05-13-2017, 06:32 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Interesting, here on this thread http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7...tml#post197291 post #7 the owner is in Ceresco,Mi, about 2 hours away.....with an Escape 19, it is a starting point. I had a 19 went to a 21 and back to a 19.
Old 05-14-2017, 06:11 AM   #7

Thanks. Actually there is a 19' about 35 miles away and I hope to see that one. My wife is very visual and would likely need to see the 21' before we decide. Interesting you went form 19' to 21' and then back to 19'. Is there a story?
Old 05-14-2017, 08:20 PM   #8

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
Welcome. We went four hours to see a new one and it ended up that we bought it from them a few months later. And then we bought another Escape, too! (And went Iowa to Chilliwack to get that one.) So you never know. Chances are that you will like what you see and decide that it was worth it.

Perhaps you will hear from an owner in the Chicago area or elsewhere not too far.
I am picking up my 21 om the 23rd and heading to the rally in Osoyoos. Return date is the 16th/17th of June. I have to admit that though I live in the O'Hare area I don't know where the trailer will be stored. I will be telling Escape that they can list me showing. So contact them after the 23ed if you wish, or sooner if you can't wait. I'd understand your impatience.
Old 05-14-2017, 08:59 PM   #9

Trailer: 2013 19' Escape 1977 Trillium 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Oldman View Post
Thanks. Actually there is a 19' about 35 miles away and I hope to see that one. My wife is very visual and would likely need to see the 21' before we decide. Interesting you went form 19' to 21' and then back to 19'. Is there a story?
This is what did us in. We went to a FG rally with our Casita 17 and we're lucky to see just about everything, from a couple of Olivers to a 19 and 21 foot Escape. Loved the Olivers, the big one would not fit in our storage space. Loved the floor plans on both Escapes. So the first Escape for sale in the eastern US we jumped on. In the end, the floor plan really won us over. IMHO Scamp and Casita are really set in their ways. If you like their floor plans, great, no problem. But if you want more, the Escape is a good choice.

Find a FG camp out near you and go tour some trailers, only you can decide what is best for you.
NCBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 11:30 PM   #10

Trailer: 2016 21 ft. with 2013 F150 Tug
We just got our 21 last Sept. and live in N.W. Ohio, we are willing to show our 21 if that would be in your mileage range. I'm not sure how far that would be. We are south of Findlay.
grump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 05:33 AM   #11

Trailer: 2016 21' sold, current class C, Now looking
Hello,

We have a 21' and Live in Cincinnati, Ohio. We will be at the Indianapolis KOA for the Indy 500 and could show you things that Saturday. Or, our storage facility is close to the OH/IN border around Cincinnati 275.

Would be happy to show you, we upgraded after a casita freedom DLX.
Don W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:37 AM   #12

Trailer: '87 Bigfoot 20DLX 5er (sold) - 2017 Escape 5.0 TA: Sep-17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven M View Post
I am picking up my 21 om the 23rd and heading to the rally in Osoyoos. Return date is the 16th/17th of June. I have to admit that though I live in the O'Hare area I don't know where the trailer will be stored. I will be telling Escape that they can list me showing. So contact them after the 23ed if you wish, or sooner if you can't wait. I'd understand your impatience.

When I visited Chicago to get my daughter after she graduated from De Paul, I stored my trailer an hour or so out of town in Indiana. It was much, much cheaper! However, I only wanted to drop it off for two weeks, then twin return and hit the road. This may not work for you. Prices in Chicago were breath taking, if they even had space available. And I didn't want to drive the trailer into Chicago anyway.

I filled my two new propane tanks) with internal float gauges) at a Tractor Supply on the way to Detroit for $12.50. I sold one half-full olds tank to a guy in the parking lot and threw in the empty second tank as a bonus. I really didn't want to carry s second talk around. I sure do love those tanks with internal volume gauges!

Rich

PS. My daughter really loved her time in Chicago. I spent a week each year and loved it too. What a wonderful place to visit (without a RV). She's going to grad school at Tufts in Boston; I'm really looking forward to that!
ReagentGrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:52 AM   #13

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
Janesville Wi for a 21 to view. Send a PM if interested. Depending on what you decide you may wish to visit the Mississippi River Rendezvous at the end of September. In Thomson Il. Lots of Escapes there.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 11:38 AM   #14

Well, I've reserved a site for the rally in Thompson IL. in Sept. I also appreciate the otherr offers to show me your 21' campers. I do travel often on business and may be able to make one of these offers work as well. I'm planning to camp this year in my Casits SD and then make my decision. Thank you everyone.

Dan