Hello from the Umpqua Valley in Oregon USA - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2021, 05:41 PM   #1

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19 (6/15/21)
Hello from the Umpqua Valley in Oregon USA

We are a couple originally from Wisconsin that started full time RV travel when we retired early from the rat-race. Having been admirers of Escape Trailers for a number of years during our full-time travels after retirement, we finally got serious and recently placed an order for an E19 that should be available in June. We've found this forum invaluable for learning about options and modifications... and for that we want to thank all of you.

Our little Escape 19 is our 5th RV as we changed, in this order, from a 40 foot diesel pusher class A, a large hard sided truck camper, to a small popup truck camper (that we took to Alaska), to a class B van camper, and now to the Escape. The hope is that this one will be with us for a long while.

We've also transitioned from full-time to part-time travel. Our home base is an Escapee Park in Sutherlin Oregon... in the Umpqua Valley near Roseburg. We tend to stay north during warmer months and head for Arizona during winter. The goal is to keep traveling for as long as we can. Thanks again for all the help. Looking forward to being a more active member as time goes along.
thoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 08:25 PM   #2

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
Welcome. My parents are Escapees. They took early retirement and full timed many years. They finally built a house at Rainbow’s End and now live at Care. They worked for the club several years directing Escapades. Barb and I like to travel, but we don’t want to full time.
Old 04-09-2021, 09:44 AM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Welcome! A bit further east on OR 138 is one of my favorite areas for waterfall hikes & photos.

Susan Creek Falls & Whitehorse Falls
Attached Thumbnails
_JRV8832.jpg   _JRV8884.jpg  
Old 04-12-2021, 10:18 AM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
YAY! You're the second ETI build that's in Sutherlin, that I know of. I'm on the list! Hope to get my site later this year.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 09:35 AM   #5

Trailer: Escape 17B, 2020
Hi Thoch! We are now on a trip up to Sumas to pick up our new 17B! We will then stay with friends near Dexter, OR, around May 6. We used to live in Blue River up the McKenzie, but I’m afraid most of the area burned down last year. Anyway, if you are close to I-5, we might stop by to see you! Actually Chris&Carol
FlowerandFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 09:38 AM   #6

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome Chris and Carol, to our little Escape world.....I have seen the Tehachapi loop in person....
Old 04-24-2021, 09:51 AM   #7

Thank you very much! BTW there’s camping up in Tehachapi Mountain Park, a kind’ve hidden gem. Also at the Glider Airport, though most of those sites are reservation only. The Mountain Valley Airport has a nice deli (Raven’s Nest) and fun watching the gliders take off and land. Also a nice Railroad Depot museum too! Let us know if you’re planning on driving through. F&F (AKA C&C)
Old 04-24-2021, 11:22 AM   #8

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Hello, Umpquaites. Not only is the Umpqua valley (along the river down to Reedsport) one of my favorite drives, but I love the ice cream.

So- on that drive from 5 to 101- any recommended campgrounds? I've always wanted to camp there.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 03:05 PM   #9

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerandFrog View Post
Thank you very much! BTW there’s camping up in Tehachapi Mountain Park, a kind’ve hidden gem. Also at the Glider Airport, though most of those sites are reservation only. The Mountain Valley Airport has a nice deli (Raven’s Nest) and fun watching the gliders take off and land. Also a nice Railroad Depot museum too! Let us know if you’re planning on driving through. F&F (AKA C&C)
Another interesting state park in the general area is Red Rock Canyon State Park. No hookups, but very interesting backgrounds to the sites. Interesting vault toilets without roofs.

Some photos from a couple of visits
Attached Thumbnails
_DSC9096.jpg   _DSC9094.jpg  
Old 04-24-2021, 04:02 PM   #10

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Imagine using the throne by star light........
Old 05-27-2021, 01:53 PM   #11

Hi Vermilye: Just saw this post! We’ve been busy last 2 weeks now that we’re back home. Yes, RRCSP is a very nice place to camp.... I’m a volunteer there and know it intimately! I’m working on a new brochure for the Ricardo Nature Trail, south across from the Visitor Center’s parking lot. The visitor’s center is currently closed, but the campground is open. The VC may open up soon in June, depending on the CDC and CA state guidelines concerning the COVID-19 closures.
Old 05-28-2021, 03:47 PM   #12

Trailer: Escape 5.0TA
It's almost June and you must be getting ready to head North to pick up your trailer too! Loved reading your intro. My hub is originally from WI, and I am from AK. Oregonians for a long time now, but getting our 5.0 in Nov. with a shift to full retirement and constant travel soon to follow. We love the Umpqua valley and river.

Best wishes for the future.
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote