Hello from Washington - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2021, 11:29 AM   #1

Trailer: 2020 E19
Hello from Washington

Good morning....

I am a 67 year old Grandpa/widower, former Casita owner that has been a lurker here on the forum for awhile. I’m lucky to be taking delivery of my new 2020 E19 next week in Sumas, WA. It’s been great learning from all of you Escape owners on the forum so far, and love having this resource available for the future.

I was hoping to get a couple questions answered to help me get started from anyone that cares to weigh in.

- Does Escape supply a print (hard copy) of the manual? I’m aware of the electronic version, but I always like print too.

- on the two burner stove top, what is the maximum pan diameter you can use on that stove so as to not cause problems?

- I was planning to stay a couple nights in the Sumas/Bellingham/Birch Bay Area after taking delivery just so I can be close in case there is some problem with anything that Escape needs to remedy. Anyone have any preferred campgrounds they recommend in those areas?

- on Solar—- I have a Renogy solar suitcase (with its attached charge controller) from before that I thought I would just plug into the battery at times to supplement the installed solar panel with its own controller and inverter from Escape. I did not order the zamp plug in. I thought I had read from previous posts this was doable, but just double checking.

Thanks in advance!

Rick
Gig Harbor, WA
Rick_3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 11:48 AM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19, "Zen Purple", 2017 4X4 Chevy Colorado/Duramax
Welcome and congrats on your new 19!!

It should come with a hard copy owners manual, a “drive away checklist”, and a big Manila envelope with a ton of information for your appliances.

I don’t have the 2-burner stove top, but on the oven with 3 burners I can easily fit a 12” pan. I would think you could go bigger with the 2-burner.

Lots of folks stay at the Lynden KOA when picking up at Sumas and have reported good experiences there.

No idea on your solar question so someone else will have to chime in on that. But I will say the 1 stock solar panel I have on my 2018 19 has not let me down in 2 years of camping. In other words, I’ve not felt the need for supplemental power when boondocking. I do not, however, run appliances that use a lot of power.

Safe travels on your way home!
salmo7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 11:54 AM   #3

Thank you, Salmo...I appreciate the feedback.
Old 01-24-2021, 12:06 PM   #4

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Quote:
Originally Posted by salmo7000 View Post
Welcome and congrats on your new 19!!

I don’t have the 2-burner stove top, but on the oven with 3 burners I can easily fit a 12” pan. I would think you could go bigger with the 2-burner.
The 2-burner in my 17b has a size limit; sorry, I don't recall what it is right now but it's not 12". I'm not sure if it is the same stovetop, though.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 12:12 PM   #5

Trailer: 2016 21 Escape "Wishbone", 2017 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
Do be careful with big pans on the stove. My wife used a griddle to warm some flour tortillas and let it get to far to the right. The heat blistered the laminate. ETI graciously sent us a new piece of laminate. That was 3 years ago. I still have to replace. ETI is great; I am lazy.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new 19.
Old 01-24-2021, 12:13 PM   #6

Hi Bobbie,,,I dont have the model number on my build sheet, but I know that on this particular model stove, they have warned on the Escape videos about a larger pan size can create a problem. Thanks
Old 01-24-2021, 12:17 PM   #7

Blue Bullet...I'll defintely have to watch that. I will probably plan to do most or my cooking outside, but was just asking. Thanks from a U of M Grizzly.
Old 01-24-2021, 12:17 PM   #8

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
The 2-burner in my 17b has a size limit; sorry, I don't recall what it is right now but it's not 12". I'm not sure if it is the same stovetop, though.

It's worth finding out the size limit.

My daughter and son-in-law blew up my one-burner butane stove by placing an oversized pan on the burner. It overlapped the butane tank a bit.
When it blew, shards of metal became embedded in their cooler and tent fly. Luckily, nobody was nearby. Stove was destroyed.
Even though the stove in the trailer doesn't have a fuel tank near, I'd adhere to the instructions.
Old 01-24-2021, 12:24 PM   #9

Thanks Gbaglo...Yes, I dont have any body armor for stove shrapnel.
Old 01-24-2021, 12:25 PM   #10

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
Pan size Suburban flush mount cooktop

Minimum 6.25”
Maximum 8.75”

according to forum users.
Old 01-24-2021, 12:29 PM   #11

Great info..thanks Brroberts!!
Old 01-24-2021, 12:33 PM   #12

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19' sold
Hi Rick, We just received our 19' trailer this summer with the standard 2 burner cooktop. I just checked the label on the cooktop cover.

"Recommended pan size; 6 1/4" minimum, 8 3/4" maximum".

I think this is mentioned in one of the orientation videos. Something to do with to much heat over the controls.
We've been using an 8" pan and it's fine, although at times we would prefer a 10".

Curtis
Kirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 12:40 PM   #13

Thanks for checking Curtis and letting me know. Best regards!
Old 01-24-2021, 06:47 PM   #14

Trailer: 2020 19’ Still Long Gone
On our 2020 19’ the burner size max is 9” i believe. It is pretty specific and fairly small. Be careful!
Catherine
On edit, 8.75”. We have pushed to 9” but very carefully
outwiththedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 07:20 PM   #15

Trailer: 2020 21' Escape
Congrats on the new trailer!

We were given a printed copy of the owners manual.

When we picked up ours in August, we spent about two weeks at Oostema Farmstead Inn nearby in Lynden and I highly recommend them. Very nice and friendly owners that are super helpful. Plus you can get stuff delivered by mail to get set up.

While you're in town, the BBQ place called Burnt Ends was VERY good.
AndNeitherDoI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 08:24 PM   #16

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirt View Post
Hi Rick, We just received our 19' trailer this summer with the standard 2 burner cooktop. I just checked the label on the cooktop cover.

"Recommended pan size; 6 1/4" minimum, 8 3/4" maximum".

I think this is mentioned in one of the orientation videos. Something to do with to much heat over the controls.
Here’s the video for reference. He doesn’t mention the sizes specifically but you already have that covered.
Old 01-26-2021, 07:26 PM   #17

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Welcome Rick, I've been in quite a few of the 19's and they are really beautiful trailers! As stated already above, we took delivery in April 2019 and our trailer came with lots of paperwork including the manual in a large manila envelope. I have found that the paper manual is ok for some stuff but found it useless for a lot of what I have had to learn or general maintenance stuff. Instead what I have done is download every single orientation video and maintenance video that Escape has produced onto my tablet; I have had to consult these things many times when travelling and at home; for example, the first few times I winterized and de-winterized the unit; they are really valuable and as the saying goes " a picture is worth a thousand words ".
marsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 07:33 PM   #18

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Rick, I should also mention an experience I had while setting up in Galveston last year - when I hooked up in an RV park one day we found that we had partial power to some parts of the trailer but not others; was really strange. After an hour of fiddling with it, I called Escape trailer in Chilliwack on their toll free number and they immediately put me through to one of their electrical guys, after spending nearly 20 minutes on the phone with me we figured out that it was one of the main breakers on the panel that had flipped off in transit - Now I always keep their numbers handy in my cell; this is the beauty and uniqueness of this company - they really go above and beyond taking care of their owners; makes you feel like you're family.

I sincerely hope that this aspect of the company never changes; fingers crossed
marsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 05:29 AM   #19

Great Idea Andneither...I went ahead and booked a few nights there. Thanks
Old 01-27-2021, 08:26 AM   #20

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Congratulations, Rick!

Re: pan size - please see the red highlighted box, this is page 3 from the SDS2 installation and Operation Manual (SDS2 being the model number of the standard 2-burner cooktop installed by ETI).
Attached Thumbnails
PAGE 3 - SDS2 INSTALLATION AND OPERATION MANUAL.png