Hello from Wisconsin - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-05-2016, 08:32 PM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
I think Reace and Tammy are more disappointed than we are. They were both really looking forward to it and it (should) have been a trip to celebrate the completion of all the building construction and being (at least mostly) done with all the new trailer mods.
Been there, done that. Putting money down on a brand-new model is stressful for both buyer and builder.

When I put money down on Ten Forward, it was just a twinkle in Reace's and Tammy's eye. Based on a Photoshop pic and a layout from a cocktail napkin, I knew this BUILD was what I wanted. It took more than 8 months later before the new 5.0TA mold was completed. I happily waited for my trailer, number 10, to be "birthed." ZERO regrets. I wish them both well. Everything they have is going to make their business successful and to have satisfied buyers. So while you may be a buyer and you're waiting, be a bit empathic to what's going on for ETI. You may remember, all you're spending is money.... not what Reace and Tammy face every-single-day. Be HAPPY! It will happen....
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 02:54 AM   #22

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
I know I want to move up to a bigger trailer but I just can't decide which one- buy a 19 and I can pull it with my highlander or the 5.0 TA and I would have to trade in my 250 for a 150 or use my ford 250 but it's getting pretty old so I would trade it eventually. I want a bit more kitchen space then I have in my 17 . I don't like doing the dishes by my bed. Can't figure out how to wash dishes without getting water everywhere. I also would like a full time dinette space.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 03:51 AM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
I know I want to move up to a bigger trailer but I just can't decide which one- buy a 19 and I can pull it with my highlander or the 5.0 TA and I would have to trade in my 250 for a 150 or use my ford 250 but it's getting pretty old so I would trade it eventually. I want a bit more kitchen space then I have in my 17 . I don't like doing the dishes by my bed. Can't figure out how to wash dishes without getting water everywhere. I also would like a full time dinette space.
You're not gaining much counter space in the 19' over the 17'. The 21' and 5.0TA have a much larger counter. I know exactly what you mean about water, etc. The free counter space in my Scamp was less than 6" and I hated it. Having water go everywhere was the big reason I had a prep sink installed in Ten Forward. Now all the water stays in the sink where it belongs.
Old 08-06-2016, 12:41 PM   #24

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
History?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
You're not gaining much counter space in the 19' over the 17'. The 21' and 5.0TA have a much larger counter. I know exactly what you mean about water, etc. The free counter space in my Scamp was less than 6" and I hated it. Having water go everywhere was the big reason I had a prep sink installed in Ten Forward. Now all the water stays in the sink where it belongs.
Donna,
You used past tense a couple of times in referring to your Scamp. Is it history or just currently relagated to memories, waiting for its next life?
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 01:32 PM   #25
Site Team

Nope still have it, just haven't used for more than two years now. It WAS fun! . Then I got spoiled.
Old 08-06-2016, 03:46 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Nope still have it, just haven't used for more than two years now. It WAS fun! . Then I got spoiled.
There were two fifth wheel Scamps at the Rocky Mountain rally near Durango. One was being pulled with a 1936 Ford Ton Truck with flat bed and late 60s Kenworth ( I think) sectioned sleeper cab to make the Ford a club cab. He had a 350 Chevy mill with throttle body. Had towed the Scamp 95,000 miles in 17 years and had 130,000 on the Ford. Dual glass packs sounded tough coming down the hill holding the Scamp in check.
Dave
Old 08-06-2016, 03:54 PM   #27

36 Ford

Here's a picture of the rig at Durango
Dave
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 08-06-2016, 04:00 PM   #28
Site Team