Hello, my name is Arthur John - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2017, 12:41 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Hello, my name is Arthur John

I've tried to post a couple of times before but to no avail. Hopefully third time's a charm.

I ordered my 5.0 TA back in late November and will be headed to Chilliwack for my orientation on October 4th. I'm feeling pretty excited. Just wanted to introduce myself and thank all the forum members new and old who've contributed to this forum. Your questions and answers helped me tremendously in selecting the options I ultimately chose to have on my 5th wheel.

Looking forward to being a part of such a great group of Escape enthusiasts!

Art
Arthur John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 01:01 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Yes, posted worked!

Congrats. Are you able to join the NOG gathering that weekend? Would be fun.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 01:46 PM   #3

Great! Glad I'm able to post to this forum now.

I thought about going to the NOG but will first be going to get the trailer registered in the town of Mt. Shasta. What I want to do initially is get back to Northern California where I live and get in some practice time with backing up, turning and parking the fifth wheel. You see, I've actually never towed any kind of trailer before. Not even a U-Haul. I bought a 2016 Ford F150 w/ the 3.5 EcoBoost engine and an 8 ft bed to tow a fifth wheel. I was going to buy a Northwood Fox Mountain but decided I wanted something to get into smaller campsites. My camping/RV history is made up of 40 years of tent camping followed by 9 years of Class A motorhome ownership and back to tent camping for the last 5 years. I'm ready to start enjoying my new Escape. It'll just be me for now.

Thank you for the welcome!
Old 08-25-2017, 03:09 PM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur John View Post

I thought about going to the NOG but will first be going to get the trailer registered in the town of Mt. Shasta.
Thank you for the welcome!
If you go down I-5 to get home to Cali, the NOG will only be about 20 miles out of your way off I-5... if you change your mind. We've got several brand new Escapes coming. And it's an excellent opportunity to meet people in person you've talked to here on the forum.

https://www.casitaforum.com/invboard...gon-gathering/
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 03:46 PM   #5

Thanks for the information Donna! I went to reserve a spot but everything's booked up. So I created an availability notification request. Will see how it goes. I might just drive over there for the day anyway since it is so close off of Interstate 5 for me.

By the way, you may not remember me, but I met you briefly at the Spring gathering north of Newport, Or I believe. I went up there to see the Escape 21s because although I had already put in my order for the 5.0 TA I still wasn't completely committed to the fifth wheel model vs a travel trailer. Ultimately I did choose the fifth wheel for ease of towing and because I already had purchased a truck for that purpose. I'm sure I would be very happy with either set up. Kinda like trying to decide on which flavor of ice cream. I guess that's why I usually get Neopolitan!
Old 08-25-2017, 04:18 PM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Were you driving a brand new Ford F-150? I can't remember now, but if I see you again, I will remember meeting you before. There were a lot of people wanting to look at the trailers. Folks such as yourself that drove to the park just to view and even those in other trailers camping in the park. These trailers have a tendency to draw a crowd.

Even if you don't get an electric/water site at Fall NOG, consider staying in a tent site. We have a number of all-molded towable owners that are already reserved in those sites. And IF you're set up for dry camping, this would be a good test. One thing, if you run into any problems or have questions about it there would be lots of people ready to help.
Attached Thumbnails
SF_Map.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote