Hello - new 19' owners - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2023, 03:56 PM   #1

Trailer: 2022 Escape 19
Hello - new 19' owners

My wife and I took delivery of an Escape 19 in early January of this year. After over 45+ years of camping that included, at various times, tent, truck, tent-trailer and 13' Scamp-camping we decided to purchase the Escape.
Having just completed our second outing with the Escape we remain generally pleased with the trailer's room/space and the options we chose. We are also pleased with how the trailers tows and backs.
However, we've have had more than a few manufacturing-related issues that to me, are indicative of a lack of quality control, e.g., leaking window - seal had been installed upside down with gap, flickering lights - battery connections not tight, poor workmanship in wiring at ground terminal buss among others. Hopefully, we'll soon run any remaining issues to earth and complete the trailer's shakedown.

That said I want to thank all the past and current posters to this forum who have provided such thoughtful and comprehensive insights and solutions to trailer's various systems/problems. In particular, I would like to thank DavidMurphy02 for his treatise on the Escape's heater. With his insights along with ETI's video link I was able to identify and then correct a sail switch issue that threatened to curtail our most recent outing.

I look forward to reading the helpful discussions on this forum.
HBGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 05:28 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Hi Howard- congratulation on the new trailer & hope you get a lot of good use. Thanks for posting the JD Power- type issues as well.

Read enough of the negative employee reviews and some definite patterns emerge.

https://ca.indeed.com/cmp/Escape-Tra...ies-Lp/reviews
Old 03-23-2023, 07:08 PM   #3

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Hi Howard- congratulation on the new trailer & hope you get a lot of good use. Thanks for posting the JD Power- type issues as well.

Curious to see that a pure data comparison indicates employee reviews are numerically better on average for the current regime than for original ownership (3.5 vs 2.3 rating on a 5-point scale). I’m not arguing this is the reality, but I found that to be an interesting pattern.

It is a shame when anyone gets a final product with numerous issues, and I wish the OP the best in getting those resolved. Maybe we were lucky that our 21C was delivered in June 2022 with only a very minor issue or two - hardly anything at all really.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 08:14 PM   #4

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
HBGH,

We just picked up our Escape in Late October and we have experience several quality related issue But.......... While these "JD Power" issue were extremely disappointing I will say Escape has taken care of all the issue we've had without issue. I think they really care and will help in any way they can.

Trust me, I was pretty upset in the beginning. But no longer.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 09:42 PM   #5

Trailer: 2012 E19
Welcome, HGBH! I also obtained a 19' a week ago. However, I let a previous owner spend a decade working out any production issues and doing little upgrades on mine. Best wishes getting things the way you want them to be, and enjoy the journey!
Old 03-24-2023, 12:29 AM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Love the first employee review, that you can play music as long as it doesn't disturb others.

I remember going in a unit under construction with Tammy. Music blaring would be an understatement. Tammy turned off the player and gave the worker a glare. Maybe the same employee still works there and now appreciates being able to play his own music.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 11:45 AM   #7

Trailer: 2013 E19
Quote:

What I "read" of these, & any pattern is...... and there are Plenty of 4s & 5s. Is IF you pay attention & do your work, You'll like working there(except for the air quality). If you are someone who is not putting 1) team effort(you are not doing your part, or not bothering to do it well(next person has tweak/redo your, before doing their own work)), 2)or say one who doesn't begin to try & learn/ & remember From day to day, has to be told the same thing over & over again, etc. 3) Was the people always on a smoke break, now days it's the person always on their phone. 4))Then sure co-workers are not going to be happy "Carrying you". 5) Add drugs or drinking? & what shape someone shows up in the next morning.

I worked in the Trades for like 40 yrs. Seen both of them. The ones who put in effort, advance fast. I wanted to learn to build my own house, so watched & learned 150%. I was then finish foreman of 7 guys in under 4 yrs. Trade work can be hard work, I(at 125#) was humping around 50lbs sacks of grout thin set, boxes of tile, etc. I also worked hard to get PAST that, as in after a point, YOU can get to point, & say "YOU move that", to a young 175# guy. My rule as foreman? 1st on the jobsite got to pick radio station..... not many liked my Jazz.
Chasing Trials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 03:03 PM   #8

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
There certainly seems to be a pattern of Quilty control issues. I think what is so frustrating is most the issues a see posted could have been avoided with a simply Quilty control inspection. congratulations on the new trailer. Hopefully once you have your issues resolved you can enjoy the trailer.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 02:35 PM   #9

Trailer: 2023 Escape 19
Hi, I appreciate these comments very much. We just picked up our brand new E19 in Chilliwack in July 2023. We've experienced a few quality control issues as well (fire extinguisher was only secured by short screws through panelling so of course it flew off while travelling; trim around fridge not secured properly; and no shore power at present - a loose wire at the inlet that hopefully we will be able to repair this weekend.) I have to say that ETI has been great so far - listening, troubleshooting, offering resolution, and perfectly willing to pay for any expert repairs.

The best advice I received shortly before our Escape pick up was from my brother-in-law, a seasoned RVer who has owned everything imaginable in all price ranges - he told me that no matter what you buy, or how much you spend, expect something to go wrong and expect to have to do some repairs yourself. This advice has helped me immeasurably every time I'm tempted to think, "We just spent over $65 grand on a brand new trailer, why isn't everything perfect?" There's probably a really good reason that a new screwdriver was included with the manuals and 30-15 amp adapter, etc.

I'm not saying that others' experiences aren't valid upsets and complaints. I'm just sharing my own brief experience so far. I'm trying my best to see each frustration as an opportunity to learn (....and hopefully not be too stressed and broke in the process lol...) Take care.
Pauly D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 12:21 PM   #10

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Re:"...I just spent $XX on BRAND NEW TRAILER --- WHY isn't everything perfect...?"
Those were my very words the week after we picked up our 19 back in 2013. When the big bucks are involved that's just a normal first impression. Now after many miles of use, looking back cannot think of anything important to contradict our many happy trails. (OK, maybe the frigerator.)