Hi, been lurking but finally pulled the trigger - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2020, 10:58 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape 15A
Hi, been lurking but finally pulled the trigger

I actually registered here a couple of years ago as I was considering buying a used Escape 15A, but it didn't happen. I ended up buying a little Lite House Trailer for Two instead, for a lot less money. And it has served me well in the mean time. But I've been keeping my eye out for a 15A all the while as I creep closer to retirement, and have struck a deal to buy one.

Due to logistical issues (the camper is over 1,600 miles from me) it will take a while to get it home to Minnesota, but I am thrilled at the prospect. So anyway, hi everybody!
BigSwede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 01:09 PM   #2

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Welcome Swede. Bet a 15A is going to feel positively roomy compared to the Litehouse.
Old 09-03-2020, 01:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Welcome Swede. Bet a 15A is going to feel positively roomy compared to the Litehouse.
Heh, for sure. The Lite House is a great place to sleep, but that's about it. The 15A offers some room to hang out in if needed. Can you tell I'm starting to think about retirement... a lot!
Old 09-03-2020, 02:17 PM   #4

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Been there. Every now and then I have a nightmare about being at work, scares the crap out of me.
Old 09-03-2020, 02:35 PM   #5
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Work is a 4 letter word, just sayin'....
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 02:41 PM   #6

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
I actually registered here a couple of years ago as I was considering buying a used Escape 15A, but it didn't happen.!
Welcome, BigSwede! I registered back in 2012 (when I was looking at a 15B, but bought a tent trailer instead) and didn't make a post until 6 months ago when I finally decided to pull the trigger on a new 21NE.
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 03:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Been there. Every now and then I have a nightmare about being at work, scares the crap out of me.
Just turned 59, same age my dad retired at. But I don't see it happening yet for me...
Old 09-03-2020, 04:05 PM   #8

Trailer: 2017 17 B
Congratulations! It's wonderful you scored a 15 A and I imagine it feels even sweeter after desiring one for some time. Please post some pics when you acquire it. I love the 15s.
jadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 04:10 PM   #9

Trailer: 2017 17 B
Quote:
I now get this after googling Lite House.

Super cool trailer though, only 66 ever built across 2 models! Trailer for Two weighs in at 950 lbs. and appears to be well appointed.
jadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 04:43 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadams View Post
I now get this after googling Lite House.

Super cool trailer though, only 66 ever built across 2 models! Trailer for Two weighs in at 950 lbs. and appears to be well appointed.
Apparently I have a fondness for rare campers.

It has a lot of nice features and is super easy to tow, and maneuver around by hand. Best thing is the bed, 78"x53" if I recall correctly, and one of the main reasons I bought it as I am 6'2".

Wish I could keep them both!
Old 09-03-2020, 04:46 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherminator View Post
Welcome, BigSwede! I registered back in 2012 (when I was looking at a 15B, but bought a tent trailer instead) and didn't make a post until 6 months ago when I finally decided to pull the trigger on a new 21NE.
Hello, fellow lurker!
Old 09-03-2020, 08:32 PM   #12

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Escape is missing the mark. Not everyone wants a big camper. My brother wants a teardrop or a E13. But none around Ontario.

Watch Slimpotatohead on YouTube. He like the Fibreglass too.
Old 09-03-2020, 10:20 PM   #13

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug2000 View Post
Escape is missing the mark. Not everyone wants a big camper.

Escape already did that; building a 13 and then a 15. They cost as much to build as a 17 and didn't have strong sales.
Old 09-03-2020, 10:26 PM   #14
Site Team

We had a tent trailer for a dozen years. And we got a casita 16 and instantly realize that in our sixties we needed a bathroom inside the trailer. but the 16 was just too cramped for my wife and I we are both plus-size people, so now we have an Escape 21, and it's just about perfect for the two of us. We can dry camp off-grid for nearly a week if we're careful with our water usage. And we can go on multi-week road trips as long as there is a dump stop every 5 to 8 days. Honestly, I think I could live full-time alone in the Escape 21, but my wife needs to carry a little too much stuff with her. If I can get her to trim down to just what she needs instead of what she quote wants unquote, we be doing great. thankfully the F-250 long bed has more than enough room to carry all the extra stuff.
Old 09-03-2020, 10:42 PM   #15

Right now I'm trying to imagine how I'm going to fill all that overhead storage (have next to none in the Lite House)... but I'll probably manage
Old 09-03-2020, 11:16 PM   #16
Site Team

suggestion for the overhead storage. do NOT put heavy stuff up there hen travelig, like canned food, etc. find small plastic bins that fit in them, put your stuff in the trays, and put them on the floor when traveling

I keep my coffee making supplies in the cubby above the stuve. the one over the sink mostly has lexan glasses and melamine/coramine plates/bowls my wife tends to stuf the center one over the dinette with dry foods like crackers, rice, etc. We have the rear dinette 21, with the front bed, and bath near teh door, the forward top cupboards have stuff like spare bedding, reading materials and our 'hummingbiird' wind spinner and assorted hippie banners we sometimes set out when camping, the ones closer to the closet have odds and ends like rechargable LED lanterns, saran wrap annd tin foil, first aid kit, etc. the cupboard over the microwave DOES NOT LATCH well, so anything in there is very likely to get dumped out while traveling, so thats stuff like tableclothes, napkins, placemats.

Much of this stuff lives full time in the trailer (except perishable food, of course).

(one of those Jetboils is a Sumo, the other is a french press without its own burner, and there's a one-cup for making drip as well as the aeropress for making what it makes. the thing with a handle is a Handground coffee mill, and for travel, all that is lying on its sides, and there's usually 1-3 lbs of coffee beans in there too, and a few more mugs)
Old 09-03-2020, 11:44 PM   #17

Thanks for the tips!
Old 09-03-2020, 11:46 PM   #18

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post

(one of those Jetboils is a Sumo, the other is a french press without its own burner, and there's a one-cup for making drip as well as the aeropress for making what it makes. the thing with a handle is a Handground coffee mill, and for travel, all that is lying on its sides, and there's usually 1-3 lbs of coffee beans in there too, and a few more mugs)
"If I can get her to trim down to just what she needs instead of what she quote wants unquote, we be doing great".

John, are you sure that the items in this picture are a good representation of the "needs" your referring to in your earlier post?
Old 09-04-2020, 01:32 AM   #19
Site Team

Heh, I could trim the French press and the aeropress and do just fine with the drip... But you'd have to rip my Handground and my beans over my dead body. She likes my coffee too.
Old 09-04-2020, 01:38 AM   #20
Site Team

This is an example of too much. I found all this in the "kitchen" drawers...