Hi from Ft Collins CO - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-31-2017, 10:49 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Hi from Ft Collins CO

Hubby and I just ordered a 19 foot Escape on Wednesday with an expected delivery date of 12/13/2017. So excited to join the Escape family and eager to get to know you all and digest the wealth of information you experienced Escape owners have to offer. Getting a good start on our Build Sheet based on personal preferences, camping style and experiences. A lot of choices offered by Escape and some things to ponder... After owning the Scamp 16 foot with side dinette, do you know what I'm most excited about with the Escape? The queen size bed! Can any of you relate? Gotta love it!

"It is better to travel well than to arrive" - Buddha
Ljswany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 11:03 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljswany View Post
After owning the Scamp 16 foot with side dinette, do you know what I'm most excited about with the Escape? The queen size bed! Can any of you relate? Gotta love it!
YO! Fun isn't it? As a solo traveler (who also owns a Scamp) one of the biggest excitements for me... was a BIGGER kitchen sink Different strokes for different folks... and it's ALL good
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 01:08 AM   #3

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Bigger bed, bigger sink, .....
We went from bigger trailer to smaller. Love it!!!!
Congratulations on your purchase!! A very exciting year ahead. Have fun with "building"!
Old 04-01-2017, 09:47 AM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
After owning the Scamp 16 foot with side dinette, do you know what I'm most excited about with the Escape? The queen size bed! Can any of you relate? Gotta love it!
Yes, we can relate. It was the queen bed that helped us decide on the 19. It's perfect for us.

Congrats on your purchase, and good luck with your build sheet.
Old 04-01-2017, 10:15 AM   #5

Trailer: Escape 5.0TA (July 19, 2017)
Quote:
Hubby and I just ordered a 19 foot Escape on Wednesday with an expected delivery date of 12/13/2017. So excited to join the Escape family and eager to get to know you all and digest the wealth of information you experienced Escape owners have to offer. Getting a good start on our Build Sheet based on personal preferences, camping style and experiences. A lot of choices offered by Escape and some things to ponder... After owning the Scamp 16 foot with side dinette, do you know what I'm most excited about with the Escape? The queen size bed! Can any of you relate? Gotta love it!
Hi! Congratulations on your order of the new Escape! We're from Littleton, Colorado and have ordered a 5.0TA scheduled for August. I believe there are also two others from the front range area with trailers ordered. Including you, there'll be at least four (known) Escapes headed to the area this year! Our build sheet is already done and signed off and we're hoping ETI moves us to an earlier delivery date as they increase their production capacity in their new facilities in Chilliwack.
Have fun doing your build sheet!
John and Joy
LatLongJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 10:29 AM   #6

Donna - a larger sink too? Wow! Movin' on up... from mini to small!

Marry - bigger to smaller? That's the opposite direction most people go. Hard to give up anything you've already got. Proud of you for being able to do that!

Old 04-01-2017, 11:56 PM   #7

John and Joan, wish we were scheduled for August! You should be able to do some camping in your new rig this summer while we wait for ours to be produced. If we're very lucky we will be able to pick it up before the snow flies, but I'm not gonna count on it. In the meantime we've got to tackle that Build Sheet. Any advice?

Old 04-02-2017, 01:39 PM   #8

Trailer: Escape 5.0TA (July 19, 2017)
Quote:
John and Joan, wish we were scheduled for August! You should be able to do some camping in your new rig this summer while we wait for ours to be produced. If we're very lucky we will be able to pick it up before the snow flies, but I'm not gonna count on it. In the meantime we've got to tackle that Build Sheet. Any advice?
Hi Linda - The only advice I would give on the build sheet is to not hesitate to ask questions of the sales folks at ETI and/or search the forum for what others have done or think about the various options. Keeping in mind, of course, that it's your trailer and only you know how you want to use it and what's important to you.
As far as how we'll use our 5.0, we think that ultimately we might use it more in the fall, winter and spring and be at home here in Colorado a lot of the summer to enjoy our home (gardening, eating out on the deck, etc.). We retired about 10 months ago and are still trying to figure things out a bit.
We have family in Phoenix, so we're thinking a least some of the winter we'll be hanging out down there to see the grandkids. We feel a little lost without an RV right now (we sold our Sprinter based motorhome last fall). Can't wait to hear from ETI in the next few weeks to see whether we get moved up a bit!
John
LatLongJohn is offline   Reply With Quote