Hoping to put order in soon -questions about Options for 21C - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-14-2020, 02:51 PM   #21

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
I'm not UncleTim but I can tell you what we use the outside shower for. It makes a great outdoor kitchen area. We had Escape install the outside shower on the passenger side next to the door and we set up a table underneath it for our camp stove and wash pan. Works well for this.
Thank you, uncle tdf

We are definitely getting the outdoor shower - for the outdoor kitchen type use. In the video, it seemed like no more than an outside water outlet. So I had not thought of that as a viable outside shower but a water hose outside the trailer. From your and UncleTim's posts - it seems Escape can/does install an outside shower as well. So, perhaps it was just my lack of understanding of the usability of this feature.
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 02:58 PM   #22

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
The outdoor shower is the wrong nomenclature. The older units had an actual shower head. These units are nothing but hot and cold quick connect outlet with a short coil hose. What a lot of us do is purchase one of these to make the curb side into a water sink. You can remove a refer crisper to catch the water if you have nothing else.
Attached Thumbnails
61QBEi5ZFoL._AC_UL640_QL65_.jpg  
Old 07-29-2020, 03:21 PM   #23

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
I highly recommend several items that we've found very useful. LED reading lights: one on each side of the bed and one on each side of the dinette, as reading lamps. Three folding shelves: one on each wall on either side of the dinette, which are great for places to put drinks, books, etc when the table is lowered and using the area to lounge. We added a third shelf extension beside the sink. It provides valuable and much-needed counter space when prepping food or doing dishes indoors. An opening bathroom window was a must have for me...for the natural light source, and for air circulation. We use the outdoor shower for cleaning our mud-loving Labradoodle. Regarding other options, you need to try to envision yourself living in the the trailer for long periods and try to determine if you would use the option (e.g. the oven: we didn't get it, and don't miss it. Or the air-conditioning: we don't use it often, but really appreciate it when it's needed.)
Mrs. iamunique127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 03:44 PM   #24

Trailer: 21C Jan. 15, 2021
Does the passenger side outside shower connection make less Room under kitchen sink for storage or is further back than that? We are in the build stage and my wife is concerned it will reduce the storage.
Thank you
Dcboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 03:50 PM   #25

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcboyd View Post
Does the passenger side outside shower connection make less Room under kitchen sink for storage or is further back than that? We are in the build stage and my wife is concerned it will reduce the storage.
Thank you
Our outdoor shower is on the driver's side and doesn't appear to reduce any interior space. It's just a little hatch with the hose wrapped up inside, so I don't expect it would interfere with any interior space, either side of the trailer.
Mrs. iamunique127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 04:23 PM   #26
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcboyd View Post
Thank you
The current Gen 2 models have the outside shower hook ups that looks lot like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Dura-Faucet-E...11&sr=8-6&th=1

This shower box unit is much smaller (than the Gen 1 models) because it does not encase the hose and sprayer. It only has the hot/cold nobs and middle quick connect nob. (The blue coiled hose and sprayer is stored separately.) You might lose a little interior storage space with this box unit, but not very much, IMO. -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 04:29 PM   #27

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
*Options we have and don’t use or could have done without
1) Inverter
2) EMS
3) Dual solar —-One panel would have sufficed
4) Custom fabric , flooring , formica
5) Awning windows
6) Electric tank heating mats
7) Underfloor insulation
8) Quick connect propane

*Options we have and do use *
1) Air Conditioner
2) Oven
3) Dual fuel water heater
4) Power awning
5) TV ready
6) Folding shelves
7) Additional reading lamps
8) Solar
9) Dual batteries
10) Removable power cord
11) Front storage box
12) Exterior shower
13 ) Bathroom window

*Options we didn’t get , wish we had *
1) Radio
2) Heat strip in A/C ( Backup for furnace)
3) LED awning lights
4) Exterior 12VDC outlet
5) Zamp inlet for portable solar
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 04:33 PM   #28

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavm View Post
UncleTim - Really liked your post and approach! That's more or less what we are thinking.

I had a question on the exterior shower room and other exterior shower ideas you mention? We are planning to get the exterior shower anyway but I had seen anything about the exterior shower room. Can you shed some light on that?

Thanks a lot!
Sorry to be so late on this. I did not see it.

I use a Zodi tent and I also have the sprayer that pumps out of a five gallon bucket. We use two buckets per shower. It does work very well. You can get the water temperature just right. I will include a link. The shower is 4 x 4 feet and has a top and a floor. It also has a caddy. Everywhere I take it people love it.

I brought it on a nine night whitewater trip and got a standing ovation at the river meeting on the last day. People were clean the whole trip. A lady with MS profusely thanked me.

Here is a link.

Zodi Shower and Tent Heater Accessories | Zodi.com

Zodi's multi-purpose and convenient Battery Powered Shower | Zodi.com

The shower pump is out of stock. I did put in a shower on both sides.
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 07:21 PM   #29

Trailer: 21C Jan. 15, 2021
Thank you for the info
Dcboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 07:40 PM   #30

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
We had a 2007 17B and now a 2020 19. Buying the 19 was a bit of a stretch so our build sheet was small. I prefer to keep everything as simple as possible and as light as possible.

Kitchen Window
Bathroom Window
AC
Water Heater with optional 120v element
Awning Light Strip
Extra Cabinet Door on Dinette
4 Captains Lights, (One will be replaced with a 12 volt fan)
Old 08-11-2020, 08:55 AM   #31

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Also check this post out for the drill pump and storage containers.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post343995
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
21c, options