Howdy from a Wannabe - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-12-2020, 11:03 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19 - ordered
Howdy from a Wannabe

Hi, I'm Mark.
I've owned and enjoyed my truck camper (Four Wheel brand) for 15 years. But I've decided that I want a camping "home" that I can drive away from... Like, to go kayaking or hiking -- or just to the store -- away from camp without having to stow stuff that I've "deployed" in my camper before I can drive off.
I've been studying travel trailers for a while...and I like the Escape line. I think I want a 21C... Gonna decide in a week or two.
MarkBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 03:58 AM   #2

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Welcome, if you have any specific questions, ask. Why an Escape? Light , Aerodynamic, they don't leak, excellent craftsmanship, custom built, and my favorite, a good investment.

Lots of content on YouTube.
Old 05-13-2020, 06:33 AM   #3

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkBC View Post
Hi, I'm Mark.
I've owned and enjoyed my truck camper (Four Wheel brand) for 15 years. But I've decided that I want a camping "home" that I can drive away from... Like, to go kayaking or hiking -- or just to the store -- away from camp without having to stow stuff that I've "deployed" in my camper before I can drive off.
I've been studying travel trailers for a while...and I like the Escape line. I think I want a 21C... Gonna decide in a week or two.

mark if you call escape they can set you up with a local one to take a look at.they also have some 21C in stock you could have next week.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 06:35 AM   #4

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Welcome. You can’t go wrong with an Escape. Is the 21C just the classic 21 layout to better differentiate it from the newer 21NE?

Never mind....went to the Escape website under the inventory and see they call it classic or “C”
Attached Thumbnails
B06538C3-EA20-4369-B714-B3A362CC1ADF.jpg  
Old 05-13-2020, 07:51 AM   #5

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome Mark, to our little Escape world. Yes, as Escape has grown so has the classifications. Original Escape were label "classic" when the 2nd G or generation came to be in 2016, Now the current models are being called "Classic" to differentiate with the 3rd G Escapes, the New Edition and the E23.
Old 05-13-2020, 10:01 AM   #6

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
Welcome to a fellow Oregonian and kayaker! I too am pretty sure I'm going to get a 21C.
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 12:15 PM   #7

Trailer: 2020 E19 - towed by a Jeep Gladiator
Hi Mark. I thought I recognized your username from the Wander The West forum. I always enjoyed reading your contributions over there. As I've read this Escape forum it's reminded me very much of the Wander The West forum and what a great community of people it is. I recently sold my FWC after thinking about it for over a year and have been considering a buying a trailer for the past few years, specifically and Airstream, Oliver, or Escape. For us we narrowed it down to an Escape because it just seems to fit our lifestyle, its quality built, and the company is willing to let you customize the trailer similar to how FWC works.

Good luck in your decisions.

G
gsbfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 02:46 PM   #8

Thanks, guys!
Old 05-15-2020, 09:34 PM   #9

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Welcome Mark! You will love an Escape and the family that comes with it!!!

Fred M.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 10:29 PM   #10

Update: I now think I'll get a 19'. I'll be solo in the trailer almost all of the time. If couples can be happy in a 19 (as many report)... then one simple guy should be, too.
Old 05-15-2020, 11:08 PM   #11

Trailer: Escape 19 2020
Quote:
Update: I now think I'll get a 19'. I'll be solo in the trailer almost all of the time. If couples can be happy in a 19 (as many report)... then one simple guy should be, too.
We just upgraded to a 19 from a Casita 17SD, we being a couple. We looked at 21's and decided that the 19 was more than enuf room for us, plus we tow with a Tacoma and I felt the 21 was pushing it. For solo, 19 is fine IMO.
LarryLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 06:38 AM   #12

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Do not forget room for a traveling fur buddy, we have 2 with us all the time....
Attached Thumbnails
DSC06943.jpg   DSC07438.jpg   IMG_0869.jpg  
Old 05-16-2020, 08:11 AM   #13

Trailer: 2014 17b/ 2012 Chevy Colorado
Quote:
Hi, I'm Mark.
The 21' will be a huge increase in space with a corresponding decline in options where you can camp. The 17 b will give you a significant upgrade in living and storage space while retaining more of the flexibility in where you camp. Just a thought.
yardsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 12:09 PM   #14

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Which ever Escape you choose, it should last for many years, unlike the leaky Nash trailer we had (and loved), but rotted away despite all our efforts. We love our Escape and wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

Bob K
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 12:41 PM   #15

Quote:
If your going solo, I would consider a Escape 17B, with a permanent bed in the back. This is an option some have done. Instead of the dinette, they build it similar to the 19 with a 8” mattress. Why 17? Lighter, shorter, less to tow. Around here, the best sites are 18’ or less, and storage is by the foot.

We had a 17B, in hind sight, we should have just had a custom mattress made. I couldn’t sleep on a dinette anymore.
Old 05-16-2020, 12:49 PM   #16

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
If I were solo, I'd make the front dinette a permanent bed, leaving the large rear dinette for activities and view.
When camping with a buddy, I take the front dinette/bed and am quite comfortable.
Old 05-16-2020, 01:54 PM   #17

Quote:
If your going solo, I would consider a Escape 17B, with a permanent bed in the back. This is an option some have done. Instead of the dinette, they build it similar to the 19 with a 8” mattress. Why 17? Lighter, shorter, less to tow. Around here, the best sites are 18’ or less, and storage is by the foot.

We had a 17B, in hind sight, we should have just had a custom mattress made. I couldn’t sleep on a dinette anymore.
Old 05-16-2020, 03:35 PM   #18

Thanks for more input, guys. I'm still thinking (almost for sure) the 19'.
  • I like the storage space -- both cabinets/closet as well as hidden under bed/dinette.
  • I like the size of the standard fridge (5 cu ft)...I'm even considering the 6 cu fit option. The fridge in my pickup camper is 4.6 cu ft, and I don't want to go smaller than that.
  • I like the queen-size bed.
  • My tow vehicle is a Ford F250, 6.8L (gas), so trailer weight won't be an issue (if I can tolerate paying for the gas )
  • I'm 64. After a 30 years camping in a tent -- or less -- and then 15 years camping in a relatively spartan pickup camper...I'm ready for a big jump in comfort and even luxury.
  • I'm keeping my 2005 Four Wheel Hawk pickup camper, so when I want to go someplace more "gnarly" than I'd pull the trailer, I can still do that kind of trip.
I just hope I can get this ordered and built in time to receive it by the end of September. I plan to meet some buddies in Great Basin National Park (Nevada, USA) in early October. It'll be the 2nd anniversary of a friend's bachelor party -- "BP III" we're calling it.
Old 05-16-2020, 05:03 PM   #19

Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
If I were solo, I'd make the front dinette a permanent bed, leaving the large rear dinette for activities and view.
When camping with a buddy, I take the front dinette/bed and am quite comfortable.
This is what I did for my 17B, and I don't regret it, because I'm glad that my bed takes up only that front area - with lots of storage beneath - and I don't have to take it down or make it up each morning. I have the U-shaped seating in back without the installed table. A small folding suffices whenever needed. I love that the sitting area remains open - a mini sitting room.

I'll frankly admit that CFIDs and arthritis make getting in and out of that bed a bit difficult, as the head and feet are blocked in by the bathroom and wardrobe walls. Even at only 5'2", one has to become somewhat of a contortionist in order to get in and out. Also, I couldn't sleep without the added foam and latex atop the ETI- installed mattress, and the added height means that I need a little footstool to get in and out. That said, I'd buy the 17B and have it set up just this way again, because even as a solo, I'd feel a bit claustrophobic in a less open space.

IF I'd been willing to pull a larger/heavier trailer, I'd have ordered the 19-ft. trailer, even as a solo traveler, as it has a built-in oven, which I do miss. To compensate for that loss, I ordered the latest Camp Chef oven with reliable thermostat.

Best wishes as you make the decision that works best for your personal lifestyle!

Life is a journey, not a destination. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
brightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 06:09 PM   #20

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:
Thanks for more input, guys. I'm still thinking (almost for sure) the 19'.
  • I like the storage space -- both cabinets/closet as well as hidden under bed/dinette.
  • I like the size of the standard fridge (5 cu ft)...I'm even considering the 6 cu fit option. The fridge in my pickup camper is 4.6 cu ft, and I don't want to go smaller than that.
  • I like the queen-size bed.
  • My tow vehicle is a Ford F250, 6.8L (gas), so trailer weight won't be an issue (if I can tolerate paying for the gas )
  • I'm 64. After a 30 years camping in a tent -- or less -- and then 15 years camping in a relatively spartan pickup camper...I'm ready for a big jump in comfort and even luxury.
  • I'm keeping my 2005 Four Wheel Hawk pickup camper, so when I want to go someplace more "gnarly" than I'd pull the trailer, I can still do that kind of trip.
I just hope I can get this ordered and built in time to receive it by the end of September. I plan to meet some buddies in Great Basin National Park (Nevada, USA) in early October. It'll be the 2nd anniversary of a friend's bachelor party -- "BP III" we're calling it.

They got a few 19's in stock not sure if they have the options you looking for

https://escapetrailer.com/inventory/

I know they have one more thats not on that list also. If you want one built for September,I be ordering it on very soon.

That 6cu fridge has a lot of freezer space . i ended up getting that also.But i don't use a microwave if i did i would have got so you have the cabinet above.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote