Howdy from New Member- - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-04-2020, 11:52 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape 21C -2020 and 2003 Aliner
Howdy from New Member-

Potentially looking this week to build and deposit for a 21C --- just visited with Lance in Utah and he was fantastic in explaining and answering my many questions about what works and doesn't -- the why buy was answered by this forum as well as my actual visit with Lance and Lucy-- the quality and features sold me... I am a DYI person and pretty resourceful as well as one to look at spending the least amount of money on a feature i could install or purchase on my own vs having them installed by ETI -- course some things I can't so looking for ideas perhaps i could add after purchase.... IE... probably start out with manual cranking the tongue and maybe add later an auto lift .... so i look forward to feedback .... I see also using in snow (ski resorts) from time to time-- will be adding the spray foam and will be off grid-- aware of freezing .... but not too concerned-- have dealt with low teens-- any thoughts... I will add inverter later as well as solar as a portable... like i have currently mounted on a bumper attachment... -- am a little disappointed in the pricing CDN vs USD and will voice my feedback to ETI ...
quidoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 11:46 PM   #2

Deposit is down....

Pulled the trigger today and will complete the build by next week-- delivery mid november-- last month while inquiring they had third week of October delivery-- yesterday when i called they have since filled that quota--- with not many left to the end of the year-- they make about 2 a day -- so do the math..... very excited and thanx to all the info on the threads and seeing one in person made it easy to pull the trigger
Old 08-06-2020, 12:03 AM   #3
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by quidoi View Post
Pulled the trigger today and will complete the build by next week-- delivery mid november-- last month while inquiring they had third week of October delivery-- yesterday when i called they have since filled that quota--- with not many left to the end of the year-- they make about 2 a day -- so do the math..... very excited and thanx to all the info on the threads and seeing one in person made it easy to pull the trigger
Welcome to the club and congrats on 'pulling the trigger' on a 21C - great choice! - Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 12:20 AM   #4

Thanx bea. Looking forward to it—mid November before the snow flies
Old 08-06-2020, 06:23 AM   #5

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
I would just put two solar panels on the top of the camper and be done with it.

They work great and you never have to worry about them again, except to clean them. Then you have a solar power generating machine!
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 12:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
I would just put two solar panels on the top of the camper and be done with it.

They work great and you never have to worry about them again, except to clean them. Then you have a solar power generating machine!
thanx UncleTim--- i have been using my pole mounted bumper attachment currently and works well as i can rotate it in the direction that i want or leave it on the ground for better position--- also wanted to put a plug to members if they have not followed youtube -- Will Prowse on solar-- the kid from the beginning is more understandable than most recent as he gets more technical but overall-- great understanding about managing power and rv life-- he is awesome.... can't wait for pick up date --
Old 01-28-2021, 02:01 PM   #7

Update. To this original post...yeah finally picked up my trailer. Promise was Nov 19. Just got it in Boise and safely home before the big snow storm...not sure how to attach pictures.
Old 02-11-2021, 08:50 AM   #8

Winter Escapes are Fantastic. We have camped in -20 in Banff. We have a carpet and underlaywe use in the winter. In the bathroom we use Double Doody toilet bags. We use 1 gallon jugs for water and a bucket for Grey water. We also put a dishpan in the sink. We use an electric heater fan to keep our 17B cozy!! Happy Runs to You!
sandra.malach is offline   Reply With Quote