Howdy from North Carolina - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-03-2022, 05:18 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Trailer: Future Escapee
Posts: 14
Howdy from North Carolina

My wife and I are close to pulling the trigger on an Escape and just requested in-person tours of a 19 and 21C with ambassadors in our area. We knew almost immediately that a one-piece fiberglass unit was the way we wanted go and started out looking at Northern Lite and Bigfoot truck campers, but ruled them out after seeing the prices and realizing we would need a MUCH bigger truck. Did I say I love my Tundra? So we moved our search to trailers. Oliver and Bigfoot are amazing, but are a no-go (again, the prices) and we donít care for the Casita's interior. We like how Escape allows for customization, while keeping their prices reasonable. I look forward to learning from this community now and contributing in the future.
Bryan in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 05:21 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central, Pennsylvania
Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Posts: 26,268
Welcome Bryan,
Too our little Escape world, have you seen one yet in person?
__________________
Jim
Sometime life gets in the way of living.......
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 05:26 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Trailer: Future Escapee
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Welcome Bryan,
Too our little Escape world, have you seen one yet in person?
Not yet. I submitted requests to tour a 19 and 21C yesterday and hope to hear back from Escape soon.
Bryan in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 05:34 PM   #4
Member
 
splicer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: near Granite Falls, North Carolina
Trailer: 2021- 5.0
Posts: 66
There's also a 5.0 close by in Wake Forest. PM ritacasita. He pulls with a Tundra.
__________________
All the best,
Dave
splicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 07:42 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
brroberts's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Overbrook, Kansas
Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
Posts: 2,124
Glad to hear from you. Wish it was a little sooner as we just spent 11 days in NC with our E19 you could have seen. We are now in VA and headed to NW VA. I agree quality to cost is a strong point for Escape. We too have looked at Olivers and Casitas, but donít like the interiors. We owned a Bigfoot camper many years that was nice. Having a 4 season rig can be nice at times. We really like our E19. For northern Canada and Alaska we preferred the truck camper, but for southern Canada and the Lower 48 we prefer a trailer. We have also owned non fiberglass, and yes, fiberglass is more durable.
brroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 08:04 PM   #6
gbb
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Sunshine, North Carolina
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Posts: 75
Hi Bryan,
Welcome to the forum from a fellow North Carolinian. We have a 2019 21' Escape and love it. This forum has been a great resource for us, both before and after we purchased our Escape. We are about 3.5 hours west of Raleigh close to Morganton. Hopefully you will find a 21 closer to you than us, but if you don't you are welcome to come look at ours.
Buddy
gbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 07:49 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Trailer: Future Escapee
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by splicer View Post
There's also a 5.0 close by in Wake Forest. PM ritacasita. He pulls with a Tundra.
Thanks Dave, I may do that. I think I saw ritacasita's 5.0 on the Ambassador map when I was requesting tours. We actually considered the 5.0 first because we really liked the layout (rear dinette) and the batteries being inside the cabin, but our truck's payload is a little compromised by it's trim level and it has a 5.5’ bed. We would be cutting it close, so we decided to bumper pull instead and use the payload savings for our gear. I see you're in NC too.
Bryan in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 07:50 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Trailer: Future Escapee
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by brroberts View Post
Glad to hear from you. Wish it was a little sooner as we just spent 11 days in NC with our E19 you could have seen. We are now in VA and headed to NW VA. I agree quality to cost is a strong point for Escape. We too have looked at Olivers and Casitas, but donít like the interiors. We owned a Bigfoot camper many years that was nice. Having a 4 season rig can be nice at times. We really like our E19. For northern Canada and Alaska we preferred the truck camper, but for southern Canada and the Lower 48 we prefer a trailer. We have also owned non fiberglass, and yes, fiberglass is more durable.
Thanks brroberts, that would have been great, especially since your rig was set up for camping. Sorry we missed you, but hopefully we’ll have a chance to meet in the future.
Bryan in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 07:50 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Trailer: Future Escapee
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbb View Post
Hi Bryan,
Welcome to the forum from a fellow North Carolinian. We have a 2019 21' Escape and love it. This forum has been a great resource for us, both before and after we purchased our Escape. We are about 3.5 hours west of Raleigh close to Morganton. Hopefully you will find a 21 closer to you than us, but if you don't you are welcome to come look at ours.
Buddy
Thanks for the offer Buddy. The one we requested is a 2017 near Charlotte, so you’re only an hour farther. If it’s okay, I'll give you a shout if Charlotte falls through. My daughter goes to UNCC so we’re often out your way.
Bryan in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 01:04 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Trailer: 2022 Escape 21NE
Posts: 11
Hey Bryan! Welcome! I'm also a new/soon-to-be Escape owner and located in Raleigh. Ours is due around November 2022. Unfortunately, I didn't connect with anyone locally when looking at Escapes, but we did encounter quite a few in various travels throughout the US this past year. Nice to see more people in NC that will be out and about with them!

Also, I'm on a wait list for the Tundra Hybrid and can't wait to get it... but I've been waiting since November and with all the supply chain issues, I'm not optimistic that it will be anytime soon (hopefully at least before November).
__________________
TV: '22 Tundra Platinum Hybrid
Camper: '22 Escape 21NE
Follow the NewtonsInMotion on Instagram
newtonsinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 02:15 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Chasing Trials's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Near Asheville, North Carolina
Trailer: 2013 E19
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan in NC View Post
Not yet. I submitted requests to tour a 19 and 21C yesterday and hope to hear back from Escape soon.

Hi, I'm in the Asheville area. The link for seeing one at ETI site does work. I lost a month trying it twice. Call them direct, I got hooked up with a E19 owner in a day.
Chasing Trials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 08:16 AM   #12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Trailer: Future Escapee
Posts: 14
Does anyone know how to contact rotateclockwise? His first name is Michael. He PM'd me yesterday, but I'm unable to reply since I'm a new member. He offered to show his 21C and I just wanted to thank him and let him know that my wife and I were able viewed one already.

BTW, I understand now why everyone likes their Escapes!
Bryan in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 08:21 AM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Trailer: Future Escapee
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasing Trials View Post
Hi, I'm in the Asheville area. The link for seeing one at ETI site does work. I lost a month trying it twice. Call them direct, I got hooked up with a E19 owner in a day.
Thanks for the heads up! I guess they fixed their system ETI replied to me within 48 hours I was able to arrange for two viewings: a 21C in Charlotte, which my wife and I saw yesterday, and an E19 just over the VA border, which wer'e seeing tomorrow.
Bryan in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 08:49 AM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Trailer: Future Escapee
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonsinmotion View Post
Hey Bryan! Welcome! I'm also a new/soon-to-be Escape owner and located in Raleigh. Ours is due around November 2022. Unfortunately, I didn't connect with anyone locally when looking at Escapes, but we did encounter quite a few in various travels throughout the US this past year. Nice to see more people in NC that will be out and about with them!

Also, I'm on a wait list for the Tundra Hybrid and can't wait to get it... but I've been waiting since November and with all the supply chain issues, I'm not optimistic that it will be anytime soon (hopefully at least before November).
Hey neighbor! Sorry to hear about the wait time on the new Tundra. At least your 4Runner is capable of picking up the trailer, if need be. Your signature shows a "23 Escape 23NE." Did you mean 21NE? Are you planning a trip to BC or having the trailer delivered?
Bryan in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 02:45 PM   #15
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Trailer: 2016 21
Posts: 84
HI Bryan,

Sorry I missed your initial post. Guess I need to visit the forum more often. If needed, although it sounds like it's not, we have a 2016 21 in N. Raleigh, 4 - 5 miles North of Crabtree Mall. PM me if you need to take a 2nd look at a 21, and hopefully we can arrange something.

Thanks
Bill_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 02:15 PM   #16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Trailer: Future Escapee
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_75 View Post
HI Bryan,

Sorry I missed your initial post. Guess I need to visit the forum more often. If needed, although it sounds like it's not, we have a 2016 21 in N. Raleigh, 4 - 5 miles North of Crabtree Mall. PM me if you need to take a 2nd look at a 21, and hopefully we can arrange something.

Thanks
Hey Bill, you're probably only 15 or so minutes from me. I don't have access to the PM feature yet since I'm a new user. I think we're leaning towards the 21C after seeing an E19 today. Both trailers we saw were very nice and the owners even nicer, but the 19 felt a little cramped to my wife and me and, although we thought we would prefer the layout of the 19, that wasn't the case. Our only reason left for getting the 19 would be its length. We have to back any trailer we get up our driveway, which is on a hill and curved. I need to brush up on my geometry and figure out whether the two foot difference would really make a difference :-)
Bryan in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 09:54 AM   #17
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Trailer: 2022 Escape 21NE
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan in NC View Post
Hey neighbor! Sorry to hear about the wait time on the new Tundra. At least your 4Runner is capable of picking up the trailer, if need be. Your signature shows a "23 Escape 23NE." Did you mean 21NE? Are you planning a trip to BC or having the trailer delivered?

I did mean 21NE This is me thinking of too many numbers at once. We're going to have it delivered to Charlotte though I would love the road trip to BC. Just saving up the PTO so that we can do a big cross-country road trip after acquiring the Escape.
__________________
TV: '22 Tundra Platinum Hybrid
Camper: '22 Escape 21NE
Follow the NewtonsInMotion on Instagram
newtonsinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 12:58 PM   #18
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Trailer: 2016 21
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan in NC View Post
the 19 felt a little cramped to my wife and me and, although we thought we would prefer the layout of the 19, that wasn't the case. Our only reason left for getting the 19 would be its length. We have to back any trailer we get up our driveway, which is on a hill and curved. I need to brush up on my geometry and figure out whether the two foot difference would really make a difference :-)
Agreed, for the 3 of us the 19 seemed small to us as well. I think its the width, the extra 4 inches allows easier passage of 2 people in front of the stove. Our trailer is an earlier 21, at the time, only one style 21 was available, which it appears is now referred to a 21C. We also had a "driveway problem", with a departure angle requiring us to get the high lift option. After mucking/dealing with the 1/4" clearance on entry/exit for 3 years, we ended up blowing up and replacing the driveway with one more trailer friendly, using these guys : Barbare's Concrete Company in Raleigh - Concrete Driveway Replacement, Concrete Driveway Repair, Cost of Concrete Driveway, Concrete Contractors Raleigh not the cheapest, and long lead times(6+ months), but they did an excellent job. The owner keeps his large boat at his house, and knew, based on his experience, what we needed more than I did. BTW - We love our 21, and any issues with it self inflicted
Bill_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 12:43 PM   #19
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Mars Hill, North Carolina
Trailer: 2019 19 foot
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan in NC View Post
My wife and I are close to pulling the trigger on an Escape and just requested in-person tours of a 19 and 21C with ambassadors in our area. We knew almost immediately that a one-piece fiberglass unit was the way we wanted go and started out looking at Northern Lite and Bigfoot truck campers, but ruled them out after seeing the prices and realizing we would need a MUCH bigger truck. Did I say I love my Tundra? So we moved our search to trailers. Oliver and Bigfoot are amazing, but are a no-go (again, the prices) and we donít care for the Casita's interior. We like how Escape allows for customization, while keeping their prices reasonable. I look forward to learning from this community now and contributing in the future.
Welcome to the Escape forum. My husband and baught a 19 foot Escape in 2019. We're live north of Asheville. We have truely enjoyed it. What's best for each person is different. I do want to point out that many smaller state and federal campgrounds without hookups limit trialer length to 20 ft.
mnewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 04:24 PM   #20
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Trailer: Future Escapee
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnewman View Post
Welcome to the Escape forum. My husband and baught a 19 foot Escape in 2019. We're live north of Asheville. We have truely enjoyed it. What's best for each person is different. I do want to point out that many smaller state and federal campgrounds without hookups limit trialer length to 20 ft.
Thank you mnewman. And some have restriction even shorter, believe it or not! Should have gotten that truck camper, LOL. We would just need to plan ahead and stay at a private campground near by.
Bryan in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2023 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.