Interior colors - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2018, 01:06 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19 foot
Interior colors

We just purchased a new 19 foot Escape. We’re on the road and have to finalize our options before returning home. It would be very difficult to change the interior colors at this time. In your opinion are the colors Escape have chosen for the flooring, counter tops, table top and cushions a good choice? Thank you for your opinion.
Jackie Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:59 PM   #2

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Not my style but many are happy with them. The counters and floor are very neural you can always make changes later in the upholstery its pretty neural too.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 02:10 PM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
You will get alot of opinions on that. Tastes differ. I don't care for the stock upholstery or flooring, but I don't mind the stock formica.

That's what's so nice about an Escape - you can customize all that, or not.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:11 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
After 4 Escapes I think I finally fit the right combo, stay with the stock flooring but use brown trim, it highlites the dark in the floor whereas the standard white trim makes the floor look washed out. A green bedspread highlites the countertops. Stay with the black belly band, the white is too hard to keep clean. The trim change is free. These are some views of brown trim
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0850.jpg   DSCN0921.jpg  
Old 08-21-2018, 03:37 PM   #5
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
my wife /hates/ the default cushion fabric ours has, and has temp covered them in some fabric remnants while she ponders permanent fabric covers . countertops and wood paneling are fine, the floor has a rug runner on it now, so thats fine too.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 04:07 PM   #6

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19, "Zen Purple", 2017 4X4 Chevy Colorado/Duramax
I think the "fifty shades of brown" is fine, although I did do custom formica on my new 19. As someone else suggested, the dark trim (instead of white) looks nice. While I'm not crazy about the fabric on the dinette, there were a heck of a lot of other options I wanted that were a much higher priority (air conditioning, electric jack, oven, extra drawers). A person can always add colorful pillows and throw blankets to their dinette, and a colorful runner (rug) on the floor can almost completely cover it up. So for me, customizing the floor and fabric was not something I thought was worth the trouble or expense. Custom formica, on the other hand, was easy and I thought worth it, so I did it.
salmo7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 04:32 PM   #7

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Everyone's opinion won't matter one bit as YOU'RE the ones that will have to live with the choices. Not anyone else.

Can you look at the fabric without thinking it's gonna boggle your brain and give you an intense headache looking at it? Do you like brown tones? If you can answer yes to both, then stick with what ETI offers.

If you answer no, then you need to pick something else out. You say you're on the road. Unless you're way out in the toolies somewhere, I'm sure Google can find ya a flooring and upholstery store in the nearest big town. Go in and see what they have on offer.

You won't need your upholstery delivered to you (or ETI) when you finalize your build sheet, but you will need to let them know what you've chosen. Most folks use Sunbrella fabric. Our local Calico Corners store had a huge sample book of that brand and made the decision making much easier. They even had a couch covered in Sunbrella so we were able to see what it felt like to sit on (I thought it would be a rougher finish than it actually was).

Same with the flooring. When you find what you like, contact Pioneer Building & Supply in Chilliwack to see if they carry the brand you want. They order tons of flooring for ETI and they'll know exactly how much you'll need for your trailer. We ordered and paid for our flooring months ahead of when the trailer was going into production. That way Pioneer had time to get it in from their supplier. They can also tell you if their supplier has it on hand - that way you won't have to worry that it'll be discontinued and you won't be able to get it.

For the countertop, you can go to the Formica website and see large images of what they have. ETI will only install the Formica brand, so don't waste your time looking at other brands. You'll need to tell ETI what you want when you finalize your build sheet and they'll order it from Pioneer. I found that the samples I got from Formica were pretty accurate to what I was seeing on my monitor. But, of course, your monitor/phone/whatever may show the colors differently than mine did. Hardware stores do have some samples on hand, but their website shows way more offerings than I found at Lowe's and Home Depot.

If you're happy with the flooring and/or the countertop choices that ETI offers, but not the fabric then just change that one item. You don't need to change all 3 of them. We did because we didn't like their choices one bit and we were willing to pay the extra money for what we liked far better. But, lots of folks are happy with ETI's choices (although I would love to know how many change just the upholstery! ).
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 04:48 PM   #8
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Everyone's opinion won't matter one bit as YOU'RE the ones that will have to live with the choices. Not anyone else.
True enough, we choose what we like, and we have to live with our choices. But the OP actually asked for opinions about the stock colors, and thanked us in advance for giving them.
Old 08-21-2018, 05:12 PM   #9

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
yes for me the decorating was the fun part -still is!
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 05:13 PM   #10

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
If I was going to order a new Escape I would be happy with the stock colors for four reasons
1 ) I am extremely frugal ( Read Cheap)
2 ) There are many other options we would rather spend our money on
3) My taste in colors and decorating skills are poor at best
4) The stock colors look just fine to me .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 06:41 PM   #11
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Whatever you order for upholstery, we went with vinyl backside instead of a full wrap as it's easier to keep clean with dogs, and if condensation could be an issue that helps deal with the issue in the dinette area. We did not send twice the fabric that they wanted for a patterned fabric, either - and their supplier did fine getting it all sewn together.

We even had a couple yards left over that wifey used for some cushions.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 06:46 PM   #12

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
The defaults don't bother us any although we got different counter tops just because we could. As mentioned, it's a personal choice thing.

My house and pretty much everything in it is some shade of tan, except Deb's piano room.
Old 08-21-2018, 09:01 PM   #13

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21 Rear Bed
We are old hands at sewing, so plan to buy some fabric we like after awhile. The flooring, can't say we like the stock, but are way too cheap to pay extra. That falls into the later plan also. We have seen some nice click together flooring on the Casita Forum, the CoreTec that is temperature stable, waterproof, and has a cork back come to mind. We did change the stock formica as that will be more difficult to change later.
Upfisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:37 PM   #14

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19 foot
Thank you and all the Escape owners who took the time to respond to my questions. You were a great help. 🙏
Jackie Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:53 PM   #15

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Had all stock on our first 2010 17. Knew we didnt want stock fabric, yet liked the flooring; countertop ok. The stock flooring changed and is not anywhere as nice IMO and is not easy to replace later. That is a regret.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:00 PM   #16

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I'm perfectly happy with the stock upholstery, flooring and countertops. I'm usually outside, but, when I'm inside, I'm sitting on the upholstery, the table top is covered with a Scrabble board or playing cards and there is a carpet runner on the floor. I'm probably looking out the window and wondering what I should worry about tomorrow.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:03 PM   #17

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
[QUOTE=padlin;259835
My house and pretty much everything in it is some shade of tan[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I always have trouble deciding of what shade of beige.

Hey, if I ever wrote an interior decorating book I could title it "50 shades of beige"

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 12:34 AM   #18

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
We went with the stock fabric, flooring and countertops on our 19' and liked the combination (yes, we like brown and black ... ). We did opt for the brown trim on the Formica and loved it. My only complaint was the vinyl backed cushions. You couldn't turn them over to keep the foam from collapsing in spots where people sat (like the edge of the dinette).

If I had to go with the same stock items in our 21', I wouldn't have complained; however, we were able to do some customization. Wanted a 'seaside' feel (sea-themed fabric, distressed plank flooring, sandy-looking Formica but still wanted a brown/black palette because of the light cabinets. We used black trim on the Formica to match the sink, stove and other items and, this time, we opted for the full-wrap cushions. (I will put hypervent underneath to prevent condensation and snagging.)

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 06:06 AM   #19

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
When my stock 50% vinyl cushion started to sag, I removed the material and reversed the inside filler to smooth out the indents.There are zippers to allow the material removal for cleaning. The vinyl was helpful when the grandkids slept on the cushions, less chance of an accident.
Your decision can certainly be different...
Old 08-22-2018, 10:38 AM   #20

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
After 4 Escapes I think I finally fit the right combo, stay with the stock flooring but use brown trim, it highlites the dark in the floor whereas the standard white trim makes the floor look washed out. A green bedspread highlites the countertops. Stay with the black belly band, the white is too hard to keep clean. The trim change is free. These are some views of brown trim
Just talked to Tammy and the brown trim has been standard for the past two years, so we didn't need to add that to our build.

We are just fine with the stock colors/trim and if we ever need replacements it will be easier to find. Like others, we spend the vast majority of our time outside, except to sleep.

Thanks,

Perry