Interior design inspiration - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2018, 02:09 PM   #1

Trailer: Soon
Arrow Interior design inspiration

Hi,

I just joined this forum, after getting all excited as I explored our local friends' Escape 19. That model seems ideal for us, as a family of 4 (small kids), or maaaaybe the 21ft. The space layout and option list seems amazing ( I was told), although I haven't read it.
I'm curious if anyone has pictures of their interior that is not the classic '50 shades of trailer brown'. Although I'm impressed of the nice solid oak, our family overdosed on oak as kids, and we're looking for brighter and lighter tones in the interior with a more scandinavian / light (white) interior feel (like 50 shades of white ).
If you have any pics that of your trailer with interiors that were made by Escape or you tweaked them later, I'd love to see the options / changes and would be very thankful for your insights, ideas and thoughts.

Be prepared. Respect nature. Inspire from cultures.
flep.co
flep.co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 02:15 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome Philippe to our Escape world. I'm aware of only one owner who painter the wood inside their Escape, an off white color. Otherwise the rest seem to be happy with the stock paneling. Escape will customize both the fabric and countertops in addition to the floor coloring. If you follow the thread called http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...yond-8031.html
you will see the various combos.
Old 03-07-2018, 02:35 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
One solution is to dig deep in your wallet & check out a Oliver. At the risk of offending owners, in my opinion, the insides look like the inside of a refrigerator. You want white, they have it!
Old 03-07-2018, 02:44 PM   #4

thanks for the insights. I'll check this thread out.

flep.co
Old 03-07-2018, 02:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
One solution is to dig deep in your wallet & check out a Oliver. At the risk of offending owners, in my opinion, the insides look like the inside of a refrigerator. You want white, they have it!
Interesting - they seem to inspire from sailboat hull manufacturing. Maybe a bit too shiny for my taste

flep.co
Old 03-07-2018, 02:46 PM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
.....the insides look like the inside of a refrigerator.
LOL
Good analogy. There are definitely some who love this look though. White cabinets are fairly commonplace too.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:24 PM   #7

Trailer: 2023 21C
Comparison

Here is a link to the Oliver site where they compare four trailers including the Escape 21:

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/tra...avel-trailers/
dunnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:33 PM   #8

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I'm aware of only one owner who painted the wood inside their Escape, an off white color.
Here’s the thread:
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ing-11931.html
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:51 PM   #9

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnet View Post
Here is a link to the Oliver site where they compare four trailers including the Escape 21:

A very interesting and informative comparison. The table needs to be updated but it is a fairly accurate resource tool.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:03 PM   #10

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
You need to start at the bottom of the table at Pricing. Oliver is $26,900 US more than the Escape. That's a lot for nitrogen-filled tires.
I question this description too:
"Vinyl headliner/wall covering over wood frame"
Old 03-07-2018, 08:13 PM   #11

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
The Escape must be way better insulated with the listed 4"thick walls.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:41 PM   #12

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
I felt the same way and made it work for us by using a marble look Formica on the counters and creamy white ultra leather for my seat cushions. I will try to post a pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:04 PM   #13

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnet View Post

Not a bad collection of mostly-correct information, and they even converted currency. There are errors in the Escape specs, some resulting from incorrect information on the Escape Trailer industries web site, and some from inadequate research; it seems reasonable to assume similar errors in the Airstream information.

There is also at least one "convenient" omission: Oliver brags about having shock absorbers, but fails to mention the shock absorbers on the Airstreams. Since most people in the travel trailer industry would know about Airstream shocks, this looks deliberate to me, so I wonder what else they decided to leave out... aside from all of their own option costs.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 05:17 AM   #14
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
My issue with the "comparisons" that Oliver does is that they are not only inaccurate but unnecessary. I don't see the other molded fiberglass trailer makers doing it, but maybe I missed it.

One thing that always bugs me are the constant ads, particularly from Chevy but from other brands as well, touting that they're better than the other guys. If you're better, it'll become pretty obvious over time in terms of sales volume, performance, durability, customer satisfaction, loyalty, etc. You don't need to put ads up where kids coerce their parents to buy that brand, or drop a conference room table in the middle of a freeway to discuss it.

Do we really need that kind of thing in the molded fiberglass industry? I know it's just a comparison chart, but buyers of our type of trailer are already off the beaten path, and can do comparisons for themselves.
Old 03-08-2018, 06:08 AM   #15

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I first met Jim Oliver in Tennessee at the Townsend KOA when he brought several Olivers, he was traveling in a big motor home. What were brought were the single axle models, but they had all the bells and whistles.. Remember Oliver stopped producing for awhile but started production again with the decline in gas prices. The original Olivers were also painted, one was Black, another one was red. But the newer models were all white. Jim toured my 21' Escape and asked a lot of questions. His new tandem Oliver would have ducted heat, so I suggested a vent in the bath to warm that area, he liked that idea. I had installed an electric heater near the floor in my Escape to allow heat into the bath area. The Oliver is not as wide as the Escape and he noted the aisle width in the 21' model. Jim felt his narrower model would have better gas mileage. The Oliver had this extending tongue that could be used to impact both tongue weight as well as clearance issues. All aluminum frame with storage drawers underneath the exterior offered storage for bulky items, similar to Escape's front storage box. He asked about loaning me a new Oliver for a year for making some modifications and him borrowing my Escape to use at his factory as a comparison model for potential buyers, but it was just hot air talk.
Old 03-08-2018, 06:22 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
You need to start at the bottom of the table at Pricing. Oliver is $26,900 US more than the Escape. That's a lot for nitrogen-filled tires.
I question this description too:
"Vinyl headliner/wall covering over wood frame"

They also say the 21' has "Tandem 3000 lb. axles w/rubber torsion suspension". Also not accurate...

Old 03-08-2018, 08:32 AM   #17

[QUOTE=Jill;239385]I felt the same way and made it work for us by using a marble look Formica on the counters and creamy white ultra leather for my seat cushions. I will try to post a pic

Thanks for the great pictures, Jill! Looks pretty cosy.
Were the seat cushions and counters/table installed (and in the catalogue?) when you had it built? Or DIY?

Also, a big thank you on all the replies. I'm impressed how active this forum is, it really is a great community here!

thanks again!

flep.co
Old 03-08-2018, 08:42 AM   #18

Trailer: 2018 17a - now sold
Welcome to the forum - my husband and I are due to pick up our 17a in late May, (and Kamloops is a favourite flyfishing destination for us.) No photos to show off just yet, but I totally agree with making some changes with paint! So far we've asked to change out the countertops to something a little calmer (Carrara Envision 7494-58) and I will switch out that wild upholstery myself (including the window valances). I was careful to not put in too much grey, as that seems to fight the "yellow" in the oak, but in between excursions the paint is going to transform the interior - starting with all the upper storage cabinets, and then some of that miracle self-stick faux tile for the backsplash. We're having the tall "wardrobe" put in at the end of the counter next to the cooktop, so after some alterations to that, paint will probably end up on the lower cabinets as well. Eliminating the mattress at the front of the trailer and converting it to a lounge area with under-bench storage will give us more floor space.
dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 08:50 AM   #19

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Oliver’s look like a clean room with wood doors added that n no floor plans that are appealing to me
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 08:58 AM   #20

Trailer: 2018 17a - now sold
Here is a great link for Smart Tiles.
http://www.thesmarttiles.com/en_us/i...alled-in-a-RV/
The tablebase is Springfield - we ordered ours from llebroc.com and then just had it shipped to PicItUp in Sumas. Escape will install it during orientation for you (but it is a great option to solve the challenge of taking the table off the two steel "pipes" that come standard in the dinette area) - we tried to remove the table in the Escape showroom and knew that had to be changed!) Double check with ETI that you are ordering the correct one, just to be on the safe side, as you will need the "3-stage".
dusty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
color, custom, design, interior