It happened in Osoyoos! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-13-2014, 07:08 PM   #1

Trailer: Bigfoot 25' 2018
It happened in Osoyoos!

Denise and I started looking for a larger trailer with a bathroom this summer. Our current trailer is a restored 1955 Shasta 1500 (which we are keeping). Not wanting to restore another trailer we started looking at fiberglass trailers. Lots of Internet searching brought us to Scamp, Casita & Escape. Decided to travel to the Escape Rally in Osoyoos and the Bandon Rally to look at some trailers.

At the Escape Rally we toured a 17', which was very nice, immediately followed by touring a 19'. The 19 was much roomier and having a queen bed sold us. (We have two large dogs who need their room.) Neither Scamp or Casita have larger than 17'. So we decided it would be a Escape 19. That was easy. Thought we'd not find a used one so started thinking about ordering one.

We travelled up with Shasta, which does draw in a lot of visitors. After showing it I was talking to one visitor and mentioned our decision process. He indicated they had just put their 19 up for sale. They came to the Rally, saw a new 5th wheel and decided to sell their 19 and get one. Well, after some negotiation we bought it. That was easy.

It's in Washington State right now. We plan to go up the fist part of July to pick her up. So we'll likely attend the Bandon Rally with a new to us Escape 19. Sometimes things just fall into place and you know they are right.

Otherwise about us, we're recently retired and spending 2 months, or so, a year touring Arizona. That, plus several (many) one or two week trips here and there, is keeping us too busy. We tend to camp in Forest Service and BLM campgrounds, the scenery is great and it's less expensive than RV parks. It's hard to leave Southern Oregon during summer and fall as it's some of the nicest country around. But we do like Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and have to find some time to better explore Utah.

So thank you for having this forum. I've looked around some and am learning a lot. I'm sure I'll be asking questions as we start using our Escape.
currinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:36 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Right place at the right time Hugh. Isn't it neato when all the stars align! ! !

I don't keep track of who's coming to the Oregon Gathering. Do you have a site yet? The park is currently full, but there are two sites looking to cancel. If you need further info, let me know via PM.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:28 AM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Pete said that Linda and he had sold their trailer, I assume that is the one you got. Congratulations, it is a great unit.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:42 AM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
Hugh and Denise, it was nice to meet at Osoyoos and talk about Klamath Lake. We heard you bought Pete and Linda's 19 (it's always been a personal favorite of mine) and wondered what they were going to do now since we didn't get a chance to talk to them. Thanks for the info and congrats! Hope to see you at Bandon.
Kathie
PS Loved the Shasta!
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:17 PM   #5

Donna: It is good to have luck on your side, it happens once in awhile. We have reservations for only Saturday night at Bandon but are trying to come up with additional days. No joy as yet but working a couple of angles. We should be there for at least Saturday.

Jim: Yep, it is Pete & Linda's trailer with the orange counter and table. Denise likes the orange/brown better than the default. It looks like a great trailer and we can't wait to get it. It had the main options we would have ordered, except for solar, so all is good. It is now at ETI getting the awning and a solar panel installed. It'll be ready for us before we have time to pick her up in Washington.

Kathie: Thanks. It was great to talk with you and meet all the great people at the Escape Rally. I think Pete and LInda were going to order a 5th wheel Escape. I don't know where that stands though.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:11 PM   #6

Trailer: 2013 19'
Hugh and Denise,
I'm really glad things worked out so well for you. I really appreciated your tour of your vintage trailer, you did a wonderful job restoring it. Having a 19 myself, I know you and Denise as well as your two Laberdoodle's will not be sorry you took the plunge.

Good travels.

Ron & Sharon
sokol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:23 PM   #7

We just returned from Washington state with our new 19'.

It was a quick trip and we only took a minimum of supplies to camp on the way back. We've spent so much time in our 15' Shasta we know where everything is or at least where it should go. In the 19' we have no scheme as yet, so a disorganized trip. We'll spend the next week or so thinking and packing so we're a little more organized before we take off for the Bandon Trailer Rally.

We did decide to christen the 19' "Steve" after the famous Canadian Escapologist Steve Santini. Not the Steve Santini of hockey fame, although hockey points to Canada also. It only seems right, Escape/Escapeologist & Canada. A big brother for our 15' Shasta. And we picked up Steve July 1, Canada Day.

So, on to the task of getting to know, and become comfortable, with Steve. Look us up if you get to the Bandon Rally.

Thanks.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:45 PM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 Classic
Congrats with your new trailer!

May it serve you well on many happy travels!
Seef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:54 PM   #9

Seef:

Thank you for the note. We're now spending hours figuring out how to pack Steve.

You're shipping an Escape to The Netherlands aren't you? Do you have it yet?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seef View Post
Congrats with your new trailer!

May it serve you well on many happy travels!
Old 07-10-2014, 07:59 PM   #10

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Hi Currinh,
Check out this thread:"Let the fun begin!" Let the fun begin! - Page 12 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

...and enjoy.