Jumping In for a 19' - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2015, 10:30 PM   #1

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Jumping In for a 19'

Hello,
I'm new to the forum and excited to have put down a deposit today for a 19' for completion next May. We have been camping for the past 7 years in a 1975 Trillium trailer. Prior to this we were in tents. I'm really looking forward to a bigger bed, separate dinette and of course a bathroom! I've been going through the forum for the past week and am very thankful for all of the information on it. We've been thinking of getting a bigger RV for a while now. We've looked around at standard RVs and are just so disappointed in the quality that we see. Plus, we really do like the thought of continuing on with a fiberglass RV. I'm vey happy with the comments on the quality of he Escapes, so much so that I have put a deposit down even though we have not seen one yet. We won't be able to get to Chilliwack for a couple of months. I'm still not 100% sure on the 19 vs 21. Being able to see them in person will help. We'd really like a queen bed so the 19 is probably the right choice for us. Thanks to all those posting information and pictures!
Joanne
Joanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:55 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Jumping In for a 19'

Congrats Joanne. You have time to decide between the two. The 21 is a very nice trailer too with more interior space, more storage, a larger aisle and more counter space. The bed is only slightly narrower than the one in our 19. Only slightly heavier and tows just as easy as a 19 depending on your tow. We love the 19 and personally don't like the layout of the 21 as much, but definitely see them in person before you finalize.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:00 PM   #3

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Hi Joanne, welcome to the Escape forum and family. There is a lot of communication with a lot of good people and a ton of information to be had here. Cathy and I weren't sure between the 19 and 21 so we went to Chilliwack last Sept. to see the trailers and choose what was going to work best for us. We now have all of our paperwork in and will be heading back this Sept. for the new digs. At least you have prior trailer experience. Everything I know so far about trailer camping has come from this forum. All I can say is that ETI sure is rolling in the orders so that says it all. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:06 PM   #4

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Welcome, Joanne,

The queen on the 19' is great to have. We will see how we do with the one on the 21' which is a half foot narrower. The 21' has more kitchen counter and has the view at the back. Some people do not like the bed at the front but others like that better because they want the dinette at the back, saying that they have more good views from back rather than front. The 21' bath is a bit bigger. We are switching just to get the change in the layout after having spent so much time in our 19'. Both are good.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:10 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Actually rbryan4 and I got that disease around here that is know as 2 foot itus. He started out ordering a 17 and ended up with a 19. Cathy and I started out looking at the 19 and ended up ordering the 21. And we're not the only ones around here whose trailer has grown a little. Good luck with your choice. Loren
Old 06-16-2015, 05:33 AM   #6

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome Joanne,
Your tow vehicle maybe a limiting factor in deciding on which model, you do not mention what you plan to tow with. I have had both the 19 and 21, as others have here and there is also that 5th wheel model, if so declined. So much candy at the candy store......
Old 06-16-2015, 08:34 AM   #7

Thanks everyone. I made sure that the deposit we put down on the 19 would be transferable to the 21 if we decide to go that way. Hubby is not too keen on having a 5.0. Our tow vehicle is a GMC Sierra so I don't think we'll be limited by it. We have many camping years ahead of us so want something of good quality that will last. We're quite a ways off from retirement so will mostly be taking short trips now. Hopefully down the road we'll be able to get away for longer periods. With having a 40 year old trailer now we know how long fibreglass RVs can last and are looking to keep ours for the duration. (Hopefully we don't get 2 foot-itis like some of you )
Old 06-16-2015, 11:50 AM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
You should be able to see both a 19 and 21 on Vancouver Island; just ask ETI. I know a couple in Courtenay with a 21 and am sure they would love to show theirs to you.

More than a few have gone from a 19 to a 21 but am unaware of any going the other way. So many advantages. To us after owning a 17B the 19 seemed like a stretched version, whereas the 21 seems completely different(larger). Since we sleep on a king at home we have separate bunks; the Queen is in the double up front and the Joker is in the back on two filler boards(no dining table installed) with a 3" latex topper. Everyone sleeps well with no one getting woken up in the middle of the night when one visits the loo.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 02:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
You should be able to see both a 19 and 21 on Vancouver Island; just ask ETI. I know a couple in Courtenay with a 21 and am sure they would love to show theirs to you.

More than a few have gone from a 19 to a 21 but am unaware of any going the other way. So many advantages. To us after owning a 17B the 19 seemed like a stretched version, whereas the 21 seems completely different(larger). Since we sleep on a king at home we have separate bunks; the Queen is in the double up front and the Joker is in the back on two filler boards(no dining table installed) with a 3" latex topper. Everyone sleeps well with no one getting woken up in the middle of the night when one visits the loo.
Thanks. Will keep this in mind. We sleep on a king at home too so the queen would definitely be better for us.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:10 AM   #10

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21 - Audi Q7
We have a king at home and are very comfortable on the "full" in our 21 even though Hubby is a big guy. Either of us can get up without disturbing the other. I do like the 19 but the overall interior height wouldn't work for us. Love the larger bathroom in the 21.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:17 AM   #11

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
Hello... I'm still not 100% sure on the 19 vs 21. Being able to see them in person will help.
You'll know when you see them in person. I couldn't decide between the 15 (no longer made) and the 17. I must have spent at least an hour in the two models up in Chilliwack, flipping back and forth, and even asked Tammy to put the front table down in the 15 so I could try it as a bed. I took my time but made the right decision. Again, you'll know.

Welcome to the forum and to the Escape community.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 12:38 AM   #12
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Do visit both. The added width of the 21 makes a huge difference.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:33 AM   #13

Thanks. It's really nice to see all the feedback. I'm really looking forward to going down to Chilliwack and seeing them both side by side. Do they have the basic models of the without all the options so that you can compare? Or is it just looking at ones that are in the process of being completed? I'd also like to see options and we are definitely adding things but would be nice to see what the base model is. Unfortunately we won't be in Chilliwack for a couple of months.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:38 AM   #14
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
ETI is so busy, I don't think build spec trailers any longer. Everything on the lot is a customer order. But, there's enough differences between standard upholstery to custom upholstery, etc. that you'd be able to see what would work best for you. Too, some of the options are "hidden," like the inverter and battery packs. You'll be looking mainly at the layout, overall size, etc. Best of luck in your decision!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:43 AM   #15
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
You can probably find a few there that are "stock" or close to stock. Also, they usually have at least one show model up front for each size, and those are either stock or very close to it.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:12 AM   #16

When we visited ETI last fall, they had the 4 larger trailers lined up across from the office and the 15 in front of the office. The 19 and 21 were side by side and we were back and forth comparing. I would have hated to make a decision on which to order without being able to have been in them. And they are kind of scarce here in the Midwest. Also when we were to the Casita plant, we wanted to see their 13' but they did not have one available anywhere. If you are able to see the different trailers and compare them, you will know what is going to work for you. Loren
Old 06-17-2015, 02:33 PM   #17

That's great. Thanks for the info. I also agree that once we see them in person, we'll know for sure.