Just laid the deposit down - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-17-2021, 10:25 AM   #1

Trailer: In line for an Escape 5.0
Just laid the deposit down

Many thanks to the ambassadors that showed us their trailers. Especially to one who invited us as strangers to spend the night in the trailer in their backyard!
AndreaLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 02:02 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Congratulations…I expect you will like your trailer very much when you get it..

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 06:47 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19' and 2016 GMC Yukon SLT SUV.
Send a message via AIM to Tonny LR
Hello Andrea,
Congratulations!

Tonny LR
Tonny LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 10:08 PM   #4

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaLea View Post
Many thanks to the ambassadors that showed us their trailers. Especially to one who invited us as strangers to spend the night in the trailer in their backyard!

I love it when people show you who they are and then it turns out, they are beautiful. Congrats! I remember when we did it.

Get excited! You will love it.
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 03:01 AM   #5

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Escape owners are passionate sale people.
Old 06-27-2021, 08:39 AM   #6

Trailer: 2021 5.0 TA
When's your delivery date?
WanderBred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 05:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderBred View Post
When's your delivery date?
June 2023 So fingers crossed it gets moved up cause we will be ready to take off sooner than that!! But its a 5.0 so I assume that is one reason why the date is so far out.
Old 06-27-2021, 05:37 PM   #8

Trailer: 2021 5.0 TA
Quote:
June 2023 So fingers crossed it gets moved up cause we will be ready to take off sooner than that!! But its a 5.0 so I assume that is one reason why the date is so far out.
It's been 10 months waiting we should be getting ours in September this year. 5.0 TA
WanderBred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 05:50 PM   #9

Trailer: 2019 E19
Quote:

No 5.0, 19, 21 it doesn't really matter what you choose now the delivery will be a long wait. We were May 2023 for our 5.0 but were moved to the first week of Nov 2022 in the last round of delivery date updates. We're hoping to move into summer 2022 on the next round.
Chamberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 10:08 PM   #10

Trailer: 2022 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberman View Post
No 5.0, 19, 21 it doesn't really matter what you choose now the delivery will be a long wait. We were May 2023 for our 5.0 but were moved to the first week of Nov 2022 in the last round of delivery date updates. We're hoping to move into summer 2022 on the next round.
Exact same dates for us too. And I do think summer 2022 will happen considering how many trailers they have been putting out for inventory. They seem to have been pretty successful in upping production.

I would like to get my build sheet in as soon as possible but I can't remember if Karl and team said they don't want to do them too early. Or if it's an earlier the better type of deal. Without a build sheet in they don't know what trailer mold is needed, what kind of wood etc. But too early and you use up their sales team resources needed for some one who might be receiving a trailer in less than 6 months.
MichaelS78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 10:26 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberman View Post
When did you put your deposit down?
Old 06-28-2021, 02:02 AM   #12

Quote:
When did you put your deposit down?
The end of March.
Old 06-28-2021, 10:21 AM   #13

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21 NE
Congratulations...we picked ours up in April and love everything about it. The best way we have described it to people is that it has "everything we need and nothing we don't". Every component works perfectly, easy to tow, comfortable bed and adequate bathroom. Leaving in a couple of weeks for a 2 week trip to Colorado.
GregColdewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 02:17 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelS78 View Post
Exact same dates for us too. And I do think summer 2022 will happen considering how many trailers they have been putting out for inventory. They seem to have been pretty successful in upping production.

I would like to get my build sheet in as soon as possible but I can't remember if Karl and team said they don't want to do them too early. Or if it's an earlier the better type of deal. Without a build sheet in they don't know what trailer mold is needed, what kind of wood etc. But too early and you use up their sales team resources needed for some one who might be receiving a trailer in less than 6 months.
I'm in no hurry to lock my build sheet. I want to see 2022 pricing before I lock my build sheet and the deposit along with it. I think the 2022 pricing should be announced soon so ETI can begin locking the early 2022 builds.
Old 06-30-2021, 10:12 AM   #15

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderBred View Post
It's been 10 months waiting we should be getting ours in September this year. 5.0 TA
We got ours in may and love it. We are going to Thompson Causeway in September for the 2021 Escape rally
Cantonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 10:25 AM   #16

Trailer: 2021 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregColdewey View Post
Congratulations...we picked ours up in April and love everything about it. The best way we have described it to people is that it has "everything we need and nothing we don't". Every component works perfectly, easy to tow, comfortable bed and adequate bathroom. Leaving in a couple of weeks for a 2 week trip to Colorado.
Greg
We are just down the road from you in Boerne. Glad to hear you have had such a great experience! If I can ask, where did you pick up your trailer? Ours is scheduled for completion in October.
Thanks,
Ryan
Ryanb-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 08:15 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanb-72 View Post
Greg
We are just down the road from you in Boerne. Glad to hear you have had such a great experience! If I can ask, where did you pick up your trailer? Ours is scheduled for completion in October.
Thanks,
Ryan
We picked it up in Salt Lake City. That saved a little money from having it delivered to Texas, but more importantly it was a great time of year for the trip home through southern Utah, Arizona and New Mexico. Lots to see between here and there. I took my WDH with me, but never got around to setting it up till we got home. The trailer pulled just fine with just the insert and ball with my F-150..
Old 07-01-2021, 08:18 AM   #18

Quote:
We picked it up in Salt Lake City. That saved a little money from having it delivered to Texas, but more importantly it was a great time of year for the trip home through southern Utah, Arizona and New Mexico. Lots to see between here and there. I took my WDH with me, but never got around to setting it up till we got home. The trailer pulled just fine with just the insert and ball with my F-150..
October would be a good time of year for that same trip. It was snowing in SLC the day we picked it up, and snowed a little on some of the higher elevation roads, but for the most part was sunny, warm but not too hot.
Old 07-02-2021, 04:05 PM   #19

Trailer: 2021 21C
Quote:
That sounds like a great trip!

I have been back and forth on the WDH. I had finally decided I was going to wait until after the return trip from the pick-up location (We are planning on picking up in Denton) before I decide if we will need to buy one. I was glad to hear it did fine for you.

Ryan
Ryanb-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 04:43 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanb-72 View Post
That sounds like a great trip!

I have been back and forth on the WDH. I had finally decided I was going to wait until after the return trip from the pick-up location (We are planning on picking up in Denton) before I decide if we will need to buy one. I was glad to hear it did fine for you.

Ryan
I’m a huge fan of a WDH. While not absolutely necessary, the trailer does feel more secure, and I think that in an emergency maneuver you would be much more likely to control the whole rig. Also I was able to get the whole thing perfectly level. Even with the F-150 it was nose down a couple of inches without the WDH.