Just ordered from MN our 21NE - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-18-2020, 11:54 AM   #1

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Just ordered from MN our 21NE

We moved up from a teardrop to a Scamp 16 last October and after a year with that beauty, we're committing to fiberglass for the long haul. After a Zoom tour of the 21NE with Harrison today, we sent in our deposit on a 21NE. They are currently quoting October (!) 2021 delivery. Thank goodness we've got the Scamp to tide us over through next year's camping season. The upside is we get to spend a year reading this forum to help us figure out what options we want. Currently towing with a 2011 Highlander V6 AWD with the tow package. I know it might be marginal for this trailer, but we'll try to avoid the mountains until we upgrade.
Shearwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 03:07 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shearwater View Post
We moved up from a teardrop to a Scamp 16 last October and after a year with that beauty, we're committing to fiberglass for the long haul. After a Zoom tour of the 21NE with Harrison today, we sent in our deposit on a 21NE. They are currently quoting October (!) 2021 delivery. Thank goodness we've got the Scamp to tide us over through next year's camping season. The upside is we get to spend a year reading this forum to help us figure out what options we want. Currently towing with a 2011 Highlander V6 AWD with the tow package. I know it might be marginal for this trailer, but we'll try to avoid the mountains until we upgrade.
In May 2016 I ordered my 19, May 2017 is when I took delivery. I also kept my Casita until a month before pickup so I could keep camping. I have never regretted my switch, love my Escape.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 03:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by diannelgraham View Post
In May 2016 I ordered my 19, May 2017 is when I took delivery. I also kept my Casita until a month before pickup so I could keep camping. I have never regretted my switch, love my Escape.
I see you're in Snohomish. Our daughter and her family are in West Seattle. Part of our motivation to upgrade was to give us enough room for staying out there for 6-8 weeks at a time in addition to our normal routine of staying in a park for a night or two and moving on. Are there any decent long term RV parks out that way you can recommend?
Old 09-18-2020, 03:46 PM   #4

Quote:
I see you're in Snohomish. Our daughter and her family are in West Seattle. Part of our motivation to upgrade was to give us enough room for staying out there for 6-8 weeks at a time in addition to our normal routine of staying in a park for a night or two and moving on. Are there any decent long term RV parks out that way you can recommend?
Sorry I have never looked into that, I spend 5 months in Arizona and then spring and summer here. I’m sure other people have stayed in RV parks around Seattle hopefully someone will respond.
Old 09-18-2020, 03:49 PM   #5

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
After a Zoom tour of the 21NE with Harrison today, we sent in our deposit on a 21NE. They are currently quoting October (!) 2021 delivery. Thank goodness we've got the Scamp to tide us over through next year's camping season. The upside is we get to spend a year reading this forum to help us figure out what options we want.
Hi Rick, we live in Eagan and picked up our 5.0TA in June of 2019. Gotta say we love it.

You have a long wait ahead, but I suspect you folks are a patient couple being you joined the forum in 2017.

Should questions come up feel free to contact me. 651.508.2503
Old 09-18-2020, 04:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
Hi Rick, we live in Eagan and picked up our 5.0TA in June of 2019. Gotta say we love it.

You have a long wait ahead, but I suspect you folks are a patient couple being you joined the forum in 2017.

Should questions come up feel free to contact me. 651.508.2503
We were tear dropping in 2017 and didn’t know much about fiberglass RVs. We had friends with a Casita so we started researching there and that lead us to Escape and Scamp. Bought the Scamp last year from folks in Willmar who had just upgraded to an Escape. No complaints about the Scamp, we just want something bigger than they make.
Old 09-18-2020, 04:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Lake Pleasant RV Park
I remember someone posted on how much they liked this park. It’s in Bothell which is a ways from West Seattle but I’m thinking it’s going to be hard to find something nice closer to town.
Old 09-18-2020, 04:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Lake Pleasant RV Park
I remember someone posted on how much they liked this park. It’s in Bothell which is a ways from West Seattle but I’m thinking it’s going to be hard to find something nice closer to town.
Thanks, we’ll check it out.
Old 09-18-2020, 05:09 PM   #9

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
We were tear dropping in 2017 and didn’t know much about fiberglass RVs. We had friends with a Casita so we started researching there and that lead us to Escape and Scamp. Bought the Scamp last year from folks in Willmar who had just upgraded to an Escape. No complaints about the Scamp, we just want something bigger than they make.
You’ll never look back. When you are selling the Scamp don’t have the Escape there!
Old 09-19-2020, 03:16 PM   #10

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
You’ll never look back. When you are selling the Scamp don’t have the Escape there!
Good tip Dave!
Old 09-19-2020, 03:18 PM   #11

Quote:
The folks we bought our Scamp from already had their Escape. It was hidden in their pole barn. We did not get an invitation to view it!
Old 09-30-2020, 01:05 AM   #12

Trailer: 2020 21'NE
Quote:
Quote:
Lake Pleasant RV Park
Another possibility is the KOA in Kent. We haven't stayed there but have used the dump station. It's away from the freeway, right by the Green River trail (walking, biking trail). Not too far from West Seattle. Maybe your daughter can do a field trip and FaceTime with you so you can see it?
tukwilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 06:52 AM   #13

Trailer: 2019 21- Escape
Congratulations Rich! You're going to love your 21'.
My brother and I each picked up 21'ers in Chilliwack, May 2019. (My brother lives in Apple Valley, I in Minneapolis). He tows his 21' with a late model Highlander. He's very happy with his combination. I believe Iowa Dave is happy with his t.v. too.
We have a sister that had a 13' Scamp and that is where we became exposed to moulded fiberglass trailers. My brother had a Coleman pop-up for years and my most recent trailer was a 16' Airstream. (Much happier with the Escape)! I tow mine with a 2016 gas Chevy Colorado. Both of us are happy with our rigs.
I'll be looking for you on the road! Let me know what color graphics you go with when you decide.
-Mike
firstpug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 07:14 AM   #14

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
The folks we bought our Scamp from already had their Escape. It was hidden in their pole barn. We did not get an invitation to view it!
Smart seller! No need to distract a Scamp buyer with an Escape sitting there! When my dad was selling his Scamp we towed the Escape 20 minutes away.
Old 09-30-2020, 07:49 AM   #15

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Distractions

Quote:
Smart seller! No need to distract a Scamp buyer with an Escape sitting there! When my dad was selling his Scamp we towed the Escape 20 minutes away.
When the fellow who bought our 19 came to pick it up we took time to point out some features that we did not discuss a couple days before when he came down and made the deal. He said he didn’t have much time because he was showing his Casita later that afternoon and had to drop his “new” Escape off some miles from his home. “Wouldn’t be good to have the two side by side when the prospective Casita buyers came by” he said.
The market is pretty hot right now, not sure it would make a difference but that was in 2017 and some trailers even competitively priced Escapes were lasting a few days on this forum.

Towed the 21 to Fort Wayne and back last week with the Highlander. I like the new Michelin Defenders on the Highlander. No change in milage from the Latitudes. 13.4 mpg going out with a 15 mph headwind at about 135 degrees and 14.7, no wind coming back.

Absolutely the most campers I’ve ever seen on I-80 on Sunday but not many at all when we came home on Thursday. Must have been a combination of weekend campers, and perhaps a few Towing to Winter storage. Saw three Airstreams and no fiberglass. Mostly trailers and Class A’s. Several classic cars possibly going home from a show.
That was fun. Notably an early T-Bird in a pastel salmon color and Convertible 58 Corvette.
Iowa Dave