Just ordered our 5.0 TA - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-13-2020, 03:52 PM   #1

Trailer: None
Just ordered our 5.0 TA

My wife caught me in a weak moment so we put down a deposit for a new 5.0 TA. Delivery in Summer 2022! Holy cow!
We are like so many others that are in the quest of the perfect tow vehicle. Probably leaning towards a F-150 even though I would rather have Tundra! Shying away from GM products do to poor reliability and poor resale values. We used to have a 17' Casita and my wife always wanted an Escape.

I will be retiring in the Spring of 2021 so am looking forward to more flexibility on our adventures.

Unfortunately we will be leaving the mountains of Idaho to be closer to grand kids in the Puget Sound area Not looking forward to the gloom and rain!
RandyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 05:22 PM   #2

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Congrats! You will love it. You will hate waiting.

The 5.0 was designed around the F-150. That will work.

I drive a Tundra and love it. Welcome to the club.
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 05:46 PM   #3

Trailer: ESCAPE #3 COMING - 19 FT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyT View Post
My wife caught me in a weak moment so we put down a deposit for a new 5.0 TA. Delivery in Summer 2022! Holy cow!
We are like so many others that are in the quest of the perfect tow vehicle. Probably leaning towards a F-150 even though I would rather have Tundra! Shying away from GM products do to poor reliability and poor resale values. We used to have a 17' Casita and my wife always wanted an Escape.

I will be retiring in the Spring of 2021 so am looking forward to more flexibility on our adventures.

Unfortunately we will be leaving the mountains of Idaho to be closer to grand kids in the Puget Sound area Not looking forward to the gloom and rain!
Welcome, am pretty sure u will get some move up dates. F150 will be good choice.
Cheers
ESCAPE #3, 19FT ON ORDER
TV - NOT YET, THINKING RIDGELINE OR F150
KEN AND DIANA, CALGARY
kvermeulen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 05:52 PM   #4

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Long wait !! Be patient — F150 would be my first choice for towing an Escape 5.0 TA
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 05:58 PM   #5

Trailer: 2018 19'
Congrats from a fellow boise escape owner!
Old 12-13-2020, 11:33 PM   #6

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:

I live in the Everett area and that is why I spend the winter in Arizona, I’m so tired of the rain and cold. You will love your Escape no matter where you park.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 09:04 AM   #7

Trailer: None
Tundra Quesion

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
Congrats! You will love it. You will hate waiting.

The 5.0 was designed around the F-150. That will work.

I drive a Tundra and love it. Welcome to the club.
Is your Tundra the double cab with the longer box or the crew cab with the short box?
RandyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 10:07 AM   #8

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Quote:
Is your Tundra the double cab with the longer box or the crew cab with the short box?

It is a Crew Cab, Limited Edition with a short box. 5.7L V8. Pure luxury! Love the truck. It drives better than any truck I have ever driven. My friends love it when I drive up I-70 thru the mountains with the seat heaters on. I do too! But you need four wheel drive. It is not good in the snow without it.

I also got air bags that inflate to about 20 #'s and sit at 60" high. I have the high lift trailer. My Tundra is a Heavy Half Ton.

Please note: The short box does NOT ALLOW for a 90° turn. Close but not quite. No biggie, unless you try and do it. Then Biggie!
Attached Thumbnails
Moodra and Zen.jpg  
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 10:31 AM   #9

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Congrats RandyT and Wife!

Betting you'll be thankful for that "weak moment"
Old 12-14-2020, 10:43 AM   #10

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
It is a Crew Cab, Limited Edition with a short box. 5.7L V8. Pure luxury! Love the truck. It drives better than any truck I have ever driven. My friends love it when I drive up I-70 thru the mountains with the seat heaters on. I do too! But you need four wheel drive. It is not good in the snow without it.

I also got air bags that inflate to about 20 #'s and sit at 60" high. I have the high lift trailer. My Tundra is a Heavy Half Ton.

Please note: The short box does NOT ALLOW for a 90° turn. Close but not quite. No biggie, unless you try and do it. Then Biggie!
Hi: UncleTim... I have the cab dings that prove I'm not as good as I think I am!!! They're not biggies but they do show if you look real close. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1040875.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 10:57 AM   #11

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: UncleTim... I have the cab dings that prove I'm not as good as I think I am!!! They're not biggies but they do show if you look real close. Alf
Alf is that "dings" plural? On the Ram now as well as the Frontier? At least you haven't tried to make it 180% like I did on the ice last March on our rush home from the south!
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 11:07 AM   #12

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Randy, you'd be happy with an F150. We've had two, originally a 2010 with the 4.6l, now a 2015 with the 2.7EB, plenty of power to tow the 5.0TA.

I don't envy you having to move to the gloom of the coast. We wanted to be close to grandchildren as well moving from southern ON to MB planning to get a trailer and snowbird, which we've done, just not able to this winter. At least today is bright and sunny as it usually is here, even though the temperature is currently -20C (-4f).
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 11:53 AM   #13

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Alf is that "dings" plural? On the Ram now as well as the Front? At least you haven't tried to make it 180% like I did on the ice last March on our rush home from the south!
Hi: emers382... I didn't put them all there... just most of 'em!!! Alf
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote