Leap of Faith - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-29-2017, 11:40 AM   #61
Senior Member
 
escape artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Thomas not BVI., Ontario
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Posts: 6,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwarrensimpson View Post
I recently received a nice "Thank You" card from Reace and Tammy and all the people at ETI for the purchase of my new Escape 19. I would like to say "Thank You!" back for all the thought and effort they all have put in to producing such a fine product. I especially want to commend VERENA for her excellent presentation at my orientation. I was coming in after 8 hours on the road and I didn't feel much was sinking in. But as go through all the procedures and run through the systems I can hear her instructions coming forward. Good job!
I am getting adjusted in a trailer park in Salt Lake City while I am still working full time. But in another month I will be out on my own. I don't think I could have made a better choice. Took a couple of days last week to experience life without hookups out on the Pony Express Trail. I like it!
Hi: johnwarrensimpson... Seems like your "Leap of faith" has landed you with all your wheels on the ground. For me retirement is the best job I've had... shoulda done it first. LoL Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
__________________

__________________
Quote Bugs Bunny..."Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it ALIVE"!!!
'16 Ram Eco D. 4X4 Laramie Longhorn CC & '14 Escape 5.0TA
St.Thomas (Not the Virgin Islands) Ontario
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 07:47 AM   #62
Senior Member
 
MyronL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: ..., New Mexico
Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Posts: 3,408
Read your site. Many great days of dark nights on the dusty trail ahead!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LakePow02.jpg (78.6 KB, 29 views)
__________________

__________________
Myron
"A billion here, a billion there...add it all up and before you know it you're talking real money." Everett Dirkson
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 05:56 PM   #63
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Melbourne, Florida
Trailer: wanting to buy
Posts: 6
Great thread and original post. Helpful. Big decision looming. Forums like these are a blessing.
roguebooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:13 PM   #64
Member
 
johnwarrensimpson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Trailer: 2017 19
Posts: 36
End.Beginning

Yesterday I retired from nearly 15 years at the University, including graduating with 2 Bachelor's degrees in 2015. Tomorrow I will be leaving Salt Lake City after over 24 years. A lot of memories, most of them not so good. But all my experiences, for better or worse, have got me to this point. And I am satisfied with that. My first destination is Elko NV where I will establish myself as a Nevada resident and get used to living off my retirement income. I have to appreciate all those who have done this before and all the wisdom they have shared on these pages. And I am going forward with equipment that I know was thoughtfully designed and carefully put together. It's the three of us now in this relationship: the trailer, the truck, and myself. If any one of us does not perform well this experience is not going to have a pleasant outcome. See you down some long dusty roads.
Photo: site PK5 VIP Residential Park. Salt Lake City. Right along the Jordan River.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pk5.jpg (132.9 KB, 32 views)
__________________
John Warren Simpson
Days of Nights
"in search of dark skies"
https://daysofnights.org
johnwarrensimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:42 PM   #65
Senior Member
 
Mucram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: boise, Idaho
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
Posts: 399
Wonderful posts here. Hope you will enjoy lamoille canyon. So many great places in Nevada to explore. Best wishes, Julie.
Mucram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:01 PM   #66
Senior Member
 
Marry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Ponoka, Alberta
Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Posts: 1,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwarrensimpson View Post
Yesterday I retired from nearly 15 years at the University, including graduating with 2 Bachelor's degrees in 2015. Tomorrow I will be leaving Salt Lake City after over 24 years. A lot of memories, most of them not so good. But all my experiences, for better or worse, have got me to this point. And I am satisfied with that. My first destination is Elko NV where I will establish myself as a Nevada resident and get used to living off my retirement income. I have to appreciate all those who have done this before and all the wisdom they have shared on these pages. And I am going forward with equipment that I know was thoughtfully designed and carefully put together. It's the three of us now in this relationship: the trailer, the truck, and myself. If any one of us does not perform well this experience is not going to have a pleasant outcome. See you down some long dusty roads.
Photo: site PK5 VIP Residential Park. Salt Lake City. Right along the Jordan River.
Wishing you the best John!!! Enjoy your days, admire creation, and above all: count your blessings!
__________________
"never lose hope, never lose faith"
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:45 PM   #67
Site Team
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canyon Lake, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2018 F150 2.7L Ecoboost
Posts: 9,671
Best wishes John from one former Utahn to another. Happy trails!
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:29 AM   #68
Member
 
johnwarrensimpson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Trailer: 2017 19
Posts: 36
Here I am. I will be around Elko for a couple of months, so the Ruby Mtns. are going to get a lot of attention. Thanks.
__________________
John Warren Simpson
Days of Nights
"in search of dark skies"
https://daysofnights.org
johnwarrensimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:30 AM   #69
Member
 
johnwarrensimpson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Trailer: 2017 19
Posts: 36
They really are. They have helped me a lot.
__________________
John Warren Simpson
Days of Nights
"in search of dark skies"
https://daysofnights.org
johnwarrensimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:31 AM   #70
Member
 
johnwarrensimpson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Trailer: 2017 19
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
Wishing you the best John!!! Enjoy your days, admire creation, and above all: count your blessings!
Thank you. I do.
__________________
John Warren Simpson
Days of Nights
"in search of dark skies"
https://daysofnights.org
johnwarrensimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:33 AM   #71
Member
 
johnwarrensimpson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Trailer: 2017 19
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Best wishes John from one former Utahn to another. Happy trails!
Thank you. I have had a lot of good experiences in Utah. There so much more ahead of me I don't know when I will get back.
__________________
John Warren Simpson
Days of Nights
"in search of dark skies"
https://daysofnights.org
johnwarrensimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:37 AM   #72
Member
 
johnwarrensimpson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Trailer: 2017 19
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Read your site. Many great days of dark nights on the dusty trail ahead!
Dusty indeed! The first thing I did when I pulled into town was head for the car wash. Now I will spend the next two days cleaning out the interiors! Great dark nights I find happen when the moon is not shining and when the weather cooperates. So it's especially nice when they happen.
__________________
John Warren Simpson
Days of Nights
"in search of dark skies"
https://daysofnights.org
johnwarrensimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:38 AM   #73
Member
 
johnwarrensimpson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Trailer: 2017 19
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucram View Post
Wonderful posts here. Hope you will enjoy lamoille canyon. So many great places in Nevada to explore. Best wishes, Julie.
Thank you.
__________________

__________________
John Warren Simpson
Days of Nights
"in search of dark skies"
https://daysofnights.org
johnwarrensimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×