Learning about the Escape Travel Trailer - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-09-2013, 11:40 PM   #1

Trailer: 93 Scotty Highlander
Learning about the Escape Travel Trailer

Hi group. I live in Point Reyes Station, California. Currently have a 22' Scotty Highlander Dodge Turbo Diesel motorhome. My wife and I are thinking of selling the Scotty and getting either an Escape 16' or perhaps a Casita. From photographs the Escape looks like a more desirable floor plan and in general looks better to us. We need to see an actual trailer to find out if we like it. So, have joined the group to try to connect and learn more about this trailer. A search on Craigslist shows very little or none for sale in our area, so we're hopeful that used ones will come up as a new one is out of our reach at this time.
martyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:52 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Click on the Escape Trailer Industries ad and it will take you to their site. You can contact them to ask if there is anyone with a 17 Escape in your area that the owner is willing to show. You'll also find any used trailers for sale through Escape ( rare, but it does happen ).
Old 12-10-2013, 02:51 AM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
It's not for sale, but you're welcome to take a look at mine in Santa Cruz. Shoot me your e-mail in a PM and we can make arrangements.

Bob
Old 12-10-2013, 06:32 AM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Welcome to the Escape Forum! Lots of information to be found here along with kind and helpful people.

If you can't connect with Bob, contact Escape Trailer Industries directly. They can give you information regardng referrals from owners in your general area. Here's a map that shows some of the owners.

I don't think I've ever seen an Escape trailer for sale on Craigslist. They sell too fast! One of the best websites around for used all molded trailers is Fiberglass Trailers For Sale. Even the owner of that site owns an Escape and is a member here on Escape forum.

Best of luck on your egg hunt.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:30 PM   #5

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by santacruzer View Post
It's not for sale, but you're welcome to take a look at mine in Santa Cruz. Shoot me your e-mail in a PM and we can make arrangements.

Bob
And I can attest to the fact that Bob will tell you everything there is to know about owning an Escape! Ours will be available for viewing after April (it will be ready in January but we're not picking it up until the Spring thaw ... )
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Click on the Escape Trailer Industries ad and it will take you to their site. You can contact them to ask if there is anyone with a 17 Escape in your area that the owner is willing to show. You'll also find any used trailers for sale through Escape ( rare, but it does happen ).
Thanks for your quick reply and useful information. I'd love to be able to order my own customized trailer direct from the Escape factory, but in the meantime will start looking around at examples via the resource you mentioned.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Welcome to the Escape Forum! Lots of information to be found here along with kind and helpful people.

If you can't connect with Bob, contact Escape Trailer Industries directly. They can give you information regardng referrals from owners in your general area. Here's a map that shows some of the owners.

I don't think I've ever seen an Escape trailer for sale on Craigslist. They sell too fast! One of the best websites around for used all molded trailers is Fiberglass Trailers For Sale. Even the owner of that site owns an Escape and is a member here on Escape forum.

Best of luck on your egg hunt.
Donna, that map is fascinating! Very useful to show what trailers may be within driving distance from my Point Reyes location. I appreciate you taking time to welcome me and offer me these useful tips. Top of the holiday season to you!
Old 12-11-2013, 07:49 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreamin View Post
And I can attest to the fact that Bob will tell you everything there is to know about owning an Escape! Ours will be available for viewing after April (it will be ready in January but we're not picking it up until the Spring thaw ... )
Good luck on your new trailer. Is this your first one?
Old 12-11-2013, 07:50 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by santacruzer View Post

Bob
Bob, I just sent you a PM with that information. Thanks!
Old 12-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #10

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyman View Post
Good luck on your new trailer. Is this your first one?
We've had truck campers previously and a houseboat, but this will be our first time pulling a trailer. I researched trailers for over a year before I found the Escape site. After looking at Bob's and talking to him at length, we were sold. Ours is in production now and, I confess, it's exciting to see those weekly pictures. I'll post our "build list" and photos when it's finished as information like that is really helpful when planning your personal Escape.
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote