Made a Decision - Ordered a 21 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-25-2013, 06:57 PM   #21

Trailer: not yet
I'd be more scared of towing in Seattle, too, with all the hills. Just towed thru that town with a balky manual transmission...not fun!

If the Rockies are too scary, you could always swing south a bit and avoid the really high passes.

Congratulations on your decision to get the 21!!
LeonardS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #22
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by John G. View Post
Congratulations. We are picking our 21 up in July and plan to make it a two month plus opportunity to explore the Pacific Northwest.
oooh John! Exciting times ahead... are you planning on attending the Oregon Gathering?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:00 PM   #23

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
oooh John! Exciting times ahead... are you planning on attending the Oregon Gathering?
Donna,
We are not picking up till the 23rd so no our timing is off but we are hoping to get a chance to move up in the queue by a few weeks. If so, we will go. Thanks for asking.

John
John G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #24

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
Congrats bisonbill! We picked ours up Nov 7th and are loving it! (It's the one John got to see). And for all the comments on towing through Seattle, we agree, the Rockies are nothing to us in comparison - that's why we took the ferry over to Port Townsend and took 101 south - drops you off just below Olympia and it's a beautiful drive (had to wait for a herd of elk to cross the highway).

Dave & Kathie

PS kstock11 - love your Charles Kuralt quote. Another we like from the book Blue Highways is: Life doesn’t happen along the interstates, it’s against the law. William Least Heat-Moon
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #25

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Since you mention mr ck, he called the Beartooth Highway the most beautiful place on earth, it is in Montana going south to Yellowstone THE BEARTOOTH HIGHWAY: ACCORDING TO CHARLES KURALT, THIS IS AMERICA'S MOST BEAUTIFUL DRIVE. | Deseret News
Old 11-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #26
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
RANT!

Sorry folks... I'm not a Charles Kuralt fan...

I followed his "Travels..." series pretty regularly on Sunday Morning. Seemed like great stuff and loved the pictures/videos and his interviews with locals. THEN he died and the dark side came out. Found out he had lied to his wife for years and years and years. The one person on earth he promised to be truthful, etc. CHEATER, CHEATER, CHEATER.

Since he was a journalist and always looking at the bottom line... book sales, video sales, television ratings and he LIED to his wife... could I believe ANYTHING he said? I do not... YMMV
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:41 AM   #27

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Most of us have skeletons in our closet, Donna, some bigger than others, but that doesn't make our lives worthless. Not to quote "Too err is human……...
Old 11-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #28

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
Along those lines.....

'Ring the bells that still can ring,
forget your perfect offering,
there's a crack in everything,
that's how the light gets it.'

Leonard Cohen
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:36 PM   #29

Trailer: No more Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonardS View Post
I'd be more scared of towing in Seattle, too, with all the hills. Just towed thru that town with a balky manual transmission...not fun!
If you are just passing through there are not any hills to speak of. Either I-5, which goes through the city, or I4-5, which bypasses Seattle, really not not hilly at all. There are only a few hilly, i.e., steep, streets which are in the downtown area.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #30

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Kathie View Post
Congrats bisonbill! We picked ours up Nov 7th and are loving it! (It's the one John got to see). And for all the comments on towing through Seattle, we agree, the Rockies are nothing to us in comparison - that's why we took the ferry over to Port Townsend and took 101 south - drops you off just below Olympia and it's a beautiful drive (had to wait for a herd of elk to cross the highway).

Dave & Kathie

PS kstock11 - love your Charles Kuralt quote. Another we like from the book Blue Highways is: Life doesn’t happen along the interstates, it’s against the law. William Least Heat-Moon
Actually, Charles kind of swiped the quote:

Charles Kuralt: "Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel
from coast to coast without seeing anything."

John Steinbeck: "When we get these thruways across the whole country, as we will and must, it will be possible to drive from New York to California without seeing a single thing."
Old 11-26-2013, 02:13 PM   #31

Trailer: 2012 17B
It's not the hills going through Seattle, it's the eternity.

Having towed my new 21 through Seattle in pouring rain, wind, and spending all three hours wondering how anyone could commute there
Sally P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #32

Trailer: not yet
My recent "passing through" Seattle consists of picking up an additional item to haul up to Alaska, then stopping for dinner in a residential area. Both required navigating hills that weren't easy with a bad manual transmission (pilot bearing).

I've been stuck in their commute traffic as well, just not this trip. Thought I was still in California! Even took 405 once in an attempt to avoid it...wrong answer!

But the beauty of the area, with Rainier to the south, the Olympics to the northwest, and Mt. Baker to the east...it all keeps me coming back.

(that and the small indy coffee rosters)
LeonardS is offline   Reply With Quote