Made a Decision - Ordered a 21 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #1

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Smile Made a Decision - Ordered a 21

Hello all,

After spending quite a while lurking a number of RV forums and looking at a bunch of different trailers, we finally made a decision and put an order in for 21' Escape about two weeks ago.

It originally was going to be delivered in September but there were some cancellations, so its now a March delivery. I think we are doing to do the cross continent trip to pick it up so we probably won't actually see it until June.

We are coming out of a tent so the step up to a trailer is a big one (I'm getting too old to sleep on the ground). Still freaking out a bit about having to tow it home over the Rockies, but I'm going to do it anyway. We always wanted to go cross country, so this is good excuse.

Thanks to everybody here and in the fiberglassrv forum for your posts and help. One of the other threads describes the big Escapes as "forever trailers," and that's what we're thinking. That and the fact that I'm 6'2" and kept hitting my head on the ceiling of many of the smaller trailers.

Now on to the option list for mid-December.
bisonbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Hello and congratulations!
I am also, like you, making the move from tent to trailer and also driving cross country to pick up our 19' in early May. There seem to be a lot who, like us, go from tent to Escape. Looking forward to following your creating the build sheet and seeing yours get built.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Congratulations!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19ft, birthing date September 3, 2014
Congrats, I'm nervous too about going over those Rockies.

Xterra
Escape 19 (09/03/14)
Nilotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:58 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I'm more nervous towing through downtown Seattle.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:59 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome to our little Escape community, your home while waiting for your egg to hatch. Mine is being shipped this week……..#12
also check this thread out about an opening next month
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...ries-3050.html
Old 11-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #7

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Welcome aboard, and congrats on your order.

Just take your time towing, and hit parking lots to practice a lot, and towing through the Rockies will be no big deal. Like baglo, I worry more on busy city roads than anywhere on the open highway.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:06 PM   #8

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA, 2014- RAM HEMI 8 spd
Congratulations. I too am moving from a tent to Escape, same reasons as yours, I can't sleep on the ground anymore, and don't want to. I will not get my 5TA or whatever the final name will be until next August.

Enjoy!!
Mike
Scuba55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #9

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Congrats, if you want to wait till early August we could make it a mini caravan. Went from a tent to a Hybrid 7 years ago for the same reason.

Now it's on to fiberglass so I never have to spend 3 weeks rebuilding a rotted out floor again.

We are however going to resuscitate the tent on the trip west...
padlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstock11 View Post
Hello and congratulations!
I am also, like you, making the move from tent to trailer and also driving cross country to pick up our 19' in early May. There seem to be a lot who, like us, go from tent to Escape. Looking forward to following your creating the build sheet and seeing yours get built.
They want the build sheet in mid-December. We're definitely working on it. I'll post it once we work out the details
Old 11-25-2013, 03:30 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Congrats, if you want to wait till early August we could make it a mini caravan. Went from a tent to a Hybrid 7 years ago for the same reason.

Now it's on to fiberglass so I never have to spend 3 weeks rebuilding a rotted out floor again.

We are however going to resuscitate the tent on the trip west...
We're skipping the Hybrid for just that reason. We looked at a few where the floor had issues and with some water coming in from the top. There was picture in the Ridgeline forum of a relatively inexpensive Hybrid trailer where the metal side actually pulled away and bent back while being towed. That was enough for me, and I went back to looking at fiberglass.

The trailer is probably ready before we are, so if vacations don't align just so, we could be going in August, although I would like to go just after school let's out
Old 11-25-2013, 03:33 PM   #12

Another newbie question. How is everybody getting the signature line in the posts?
Old 11-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #13

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Go to top left - User cp. Then on left side of "settings and options" and then edit signature.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #14

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I'm more nervous towing through downtown Seattle.
I'm with you Glenn - I'll take a mountain pass over heavy city traffic any day. I think knowing when I have enough space to change lanes in traffic takes me the longest to get used to every time we go on a trip with Blue.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:55 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstock11 View Post
Go to top left - User cp. Then on left side of "settings and options" and then edit signature.
Got it! Thanks.

Most injuries injuries in old men occur because they think they are young men!
Old 11-25-2013, 04:29 PM   #16

Trailer: 21' Escape
Congratulations, I drove in Seattle in September and agree with the others about pulling a trailer through there. Would go east out of Chilliwack but in March I think that would be a problem so I will try to time the traffic in Seattle and hold my breath.
floorpanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #17

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19ft, birthing date September 3, 2014
I'm a Houston driver here, but I am nervous about changing lanes in heavy traffic towing. I will have to learn not to drive so aggressively and take it SLOW.

Xterra
Escape 19 (09/03/14)
Nilotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:54 PM   #18

Trailer: 2014 21ft Escape
Our 21 will be ready in March also. We really would like to pick it up sometime end of March or first of April. We will be watching the weather and hope for the best. I am sure we can drive Seattle if we can drive Houston!

Robbie and Rob
trailseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #19

Trailer: "Teachers' Pet" our 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisonbill View Post
Hello all,

We are coming out of a tent so the step up to a trailer is a big one (I'm getting too old to sleep on the ground). Still freaking out a bit about having to tow it home over the Rockies, but I'm going to do it anyway. We always wanted to go cross country, so this is good excuse.

Thanks to everybody here and in the fiberglassrv forum for your posts and help. One of the other threads describes the big Escapes as "forever trailers," and that's what we're thinking. That and the fact that I'm 6'2" and kept hitting my head on the ceiling of many of the smaller trailers.

Now on to the option list for mid-December.
Wow, a big step up, one that you'll not regret. We went from tent to tent-trailer, and now waiting for our 19.

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.
nealmccarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:49 PM   #20

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Congratulations. We are picking our 21 up in July and plan to make it a two month plus opportunity to explore the Pacific Northwest. We went from the tent to a Casita and now more than ready for the 21. We got to see one in Oregon last week and that's when we knew we had made the right decision. She is sweet. I agree with the rest, the rockies are easy compared to the big cities.

Happy Trails, John
John G. is offline   Reply With Quote