Married couple in Minnesota...new to Escapes - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2020, 11:29 AM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Married couple in Minnesota...new to Escapes

Hello Escapees, my wife and I have scoured the Internet and Dealerships looking at Travel Trailers and have been discouraged by the quality and lack of ethics in the industry. Until..we discovered Escapes. A lot of hoops to jump, but I think we are going to try and get one. Originally it was a 17b, but now We now think the 19 suits us better. I’ll be posting questions in the other sections as I’m sure my Wife and I will have many. Great bunch here and a tremendous resource. Looking forward to learning more about Escapes!
Voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 12:05 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome Scott,
to our little Escape world. Once you see one, you will be hooked. Contact the factory to get a list of owners near you.
Old 07-06-2020, 12:17 PM   #3

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Scott where in the upper midwest of MN are you? We're only a half mile from the NW corner of the state, unfortunately in Canada so you couldn't come see ours now. When the border opens you're welcome to though.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 12:28 PM   #4

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Thanks to both of you. We have seen a 17b. A very nice couple near us were kind enough to show it. The quality of workmanship is what it’s all about and their 17 reflected that. So..we have a general idea on the 19, it’s a 17b only a little bigger. We have two Australian Shepherds so we figured a little extra space would be nice. Otherwise, the 17 would be fine for the two of us. Thanks for the offer emers382!! We are in the North burbs of Mpls.
Voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 12:35 PM   #5

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
Thanks to both of you. We have seen a 17b. A very nice couple near us were kind enough to show it. The quality of workmanship is what it’s all about and their 17 reflected that. So..we have a general idea on the 19, it’s a 17b only a little bigger. We have two Australian Shepherds so we figured a little extra space would be nice. Otherwise, the 17 would be fine for the two of us. Thanks for the offer emers382!! We are in the North burbs of Mpls.
There's quite few Escapes in the Twin Cities area. Sorry I misunderstood your location of upper midwest MN thinking you meant somewhere like Bimidji.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 01:24 PM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Welcome Scott. Owning and camping in our 19 is a treat for my wife and me. But as you’re about to discover, learning and planning for your future camper is loads of fun too. Enjoy the journey. -Tom
mtnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 03:15 PM   #7

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19, "Zen Purple", 2017 4X4 Chevy Colorado/Duramax
I bought a 19 without ever having seen one, or any Escape for that matter. When we picked it up, we looked at all the models in the showroom and had 0 regrets. The 19 is the perfect balance between a small, easy to manage trailer and having a good amount of space. We too travel with multiple dogs. The main advantage I could see over the 17B is the permanent queen bed.

Many others, however, have "traded up" from a 19 to a 21 or 5.0TA. The good news is all Escapes hold their value very well and don't depreciate like a stick built trailer. You really can't go wrong with any of them, you have chosen wisely!
salmo7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 07:05 PM   #8

Trailer: Escape 21NE
It's like the difference between buying a really badly stapled-together mobile home on concrete block, versus a well built "dream home" on a solid foundation. You're like the rest of us, and want value for your money. Welcome.
felix2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 01:35 PM   #9

Trailer: 2012 E19
Ah, another member of the "Escape wannabee" club! Welcome! I want one too, but for now the finances don't permit. Hopefully by the time I'm ready to retire in a few years....
Old 07-12-2020, 10:09 PM   #10

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
Hello Escapees, my wife and I have scoured the Internet and Dealerships looking at Travel Trailers and have been discouraged by the quality and lack of ethics in the industry. Until..we discovered Escapes. A lot of hoops to jump, but I think we are going to try and get one. Originally it was a 17b, but now We now think the 19 suits us better. I’ll be posting questions in the other sections as I’m sure my Wife and I will have many. Great bunch here and a tremendous resource. Looking forward to learning more about Escapes!
Welcome, fellow Minnesotans! 5.0ta owners here about an hour NW of Twin Cities. Escape is quality all the way!
PM15283 is offline   Reply With Quote