More Newbies - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2014, 04:35 PM   #1

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B
More Newbies

Hello everyone! We are interested in becoming Escape trailer owners. We've enjoyed owning a Tab for seven years but with retirement fast approaching, we are looking for something a little bigger. In particular, we would like a separate bed and dinette and a bathroom. The Escape 17B looks like the best option, but we are somewhat concerned with the small bed. We are not big people, but the queen size (60" x 80") bed in the Tab may have spoiled us. For those of you with 17Bs, how do you find the bed works for two of you? Thanks for your help, we've already learned a lot from lurking on the forum!

Thanks,
Dave Smith
Dave & Penny Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:08 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
That's a personal question, and by that I mean it really depends on the persons. Les and I and our 18 kilo beagle share the bed, without a problem. I don't find the climb-over an issue. I look at it as a feature.
However, doing things over, I would go for the 19. Queen bed at the back and four-person dinette at the front ( for guests for dinner or cards on rainy days ). Aisle is 4" wider making it easier to pass one another.
I'm not willing to buy a new tow vehicle, so I'm content with the 17B.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:24 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape 17B, April 2014
My husband is 6'2" and I am 5'8" and we are quite happy with the bed. We're both on the leaner side. At home we sleep in a queen sized water bed, but the trailer is quite comfy to sleep in. The bed is long enough for him to stretch out, and we tend to like to sleep in close contact with one another anyway.
KLRchickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:18 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Welcome Dave and Penny!
Old 05-13-2014, 10:16 AM   #5

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
We just moved from a double bed in a Casita to a queen bed in our Escape 19. The queen bed feels quite spacious and luxurious in comparison, but we were cozy in the double. In the end, since my spouse turns like a chicken on a rotisserie at night, I like the queen size bed.
JaneM. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:22 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
We used King & Queen configurations in our Casita, and before decided which Escape went to a fiberglass trailer gathering where a couple was gracious enough to let us try out their 21 bed (a full XL 54 inch by 80) and we were surprised to not feel cramped at all. So we ordered one!

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 01:12 PM   #7

Trip to Chilliwack, Possible visit to Escape Rally

Folks:
As previously mentioned, Penny & I finally committed by placing a deposit for a 17B (love the increasingly favorable exchange rate!). Our build sheet deadline is June 1st. We our planning a trip to Chilliwack in mid-May to help in finalizing our option choices. (Our pick-up date is Aug. 14.) We will be traveling with and camping in our Tab trailer for this trip (planning on trying to sell it starting in June). We could probably extend this trip to include the Escape Rally (May 29-31). Would this be worthwhile? We would obviously be in the S.O.B. category if we did attend. Attending the rally would involve a somewhat less direct but probably more scenic route back to Salt Lake. What are your suggestions?
Thanks,
Dave
Old 01-15-2015, 01:16 PM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave & Penny Smith View Post
Folks:
As previously mentioned, Penny & I finally committed by placing a deposit for a 17B (love the increasingly favorable exchange rate!). Our build sheet deadline is June 1st. We our planning a trip to Chilliwack in mid-May to help in finalizing our option choices. (Our pick-up date is Aug. 14.) We will be traveling with and camping in our Tab trailer for this trip (planning on trying to sell it starting in June). We could probably extend this trip to include the Escape Rally (May 29-31). Would this be worthwhile? We would obviously be in the S.O.B. category if we did attend. Attending the rally would involve a somewhat less direct but probably more scenic route back to Salt Lake. What are your suggestions?
Thanks,
Dave
Hi: Dave & Penny Smith... DO IT!!! Alf
escape artist N.A. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 01:17 PM   #9

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
...Our build sheet deadline is June 1st. We our planning a trip to Chilliwack in mid-May to help in finalizing our option choices. (Our pick-up date is Aug. 14.) We will be traveling with and camping in our Tab trailer for this trip (planning on trying to sell it starting in June). We could probably extend this trip to include the Escape Rally (May 29-31). Would this be worthwhile?...
Seeing many Escapes at the rally seems to me like a great way to learn about the options and help finalize the build sheet.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 01:23 PM   #10

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Quote:
Folks:
Thanks,
Dave

By all means go! Not only will you meet some very nice people, you will get some ideas for your own Escape prior to your build deadline.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:53 PM   #11

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B - 2009 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid
Hi Dave and Penny, I also have a 17B on order (Oct, 2015). Will be flying up to the rally in May to meet everyone and also to all those options "live" in order to make decisions on my Build Sheet. Hope to meet you both there!
Old 01-15-2015, 07:30 PM   #12
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Folks:
As previously mentioned, Penny & I finally committed by placing a deposit for a 17B (love the increasingly favorable exchange rate!). Attending the rally would involve a somewhat less direct but probably more scenic route back to Salt Lake. What are your suggestions?
Thanks,
Dave
If you're going to be in the area around that time, then by all means go! On the return trip you could cross back into the US at Laurier, then hit Spokane, Couer d'Alene, Missoula and Butte, then down I-15. A beautiful drive.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:07 PM   #13

Trailer: 2013 19'
Go For It!

Dave and Penny,
My wife (Sharon) and I never owned a trailer in our life. We bought an Escape 19 and attended the Escape Rally last year. We have never been disappointed in the trailer, the Escape family, or Reese, Tammy and the Escape crew! You're not buy a trailer, you're buying a family. Go For It!!!!
sokol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 12:35 PM   #14

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneM. View Post
We just moved from a double bed in a Casita to a queen bed in our Escape 19. The queen bed feels quite spacious and luxurious in comparison, but we were cozy in the double. In the end, since my spouse turns like a chicken on a rotisserie at night, I like the queen size bed.

I did the same thing as JaneM. I too had a 17' Casita and traded up to an Escape 19 and have been enjoying the benefits of the Escape quality ever since. They're a great RV, well built and tow like a dream as do all fiberglass trailers.

The first night I slept in the queen bed of my Escape after many nights of 4" queen foam in the Casita, I slept like a baby. The older you get, the more you appreciate creature comforts.

Mark
Blizzy and Dakota (Da Boyz)
MarksAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 11:17 PM   #15

Trailer: 2013 19'
Attend

My wife Sharon and I would encourage you to attend the rally. We don't discriminate with SOB's and you will thoroughly enjoy your stay. Good people, good time and a good way to introduce yourself to Escape life.
sokol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 01:04 PM   #16

Thanks for the interest and encouragement--it sounds like we should add a visit to the rally to our plans for the ETI visit next May. Also, thanks to RBryan for the suggestion as to a return route. We've driven I-15 several times (from Missoula) and agree that it is a beautiful drive. It used to be our preferred route to and from the Banff/Jasper area for numerous backpacking, climbing, hiking trips. Again, thanks for the replies.
Dave
Old 01-18-2015, 04:45 PM   #17

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Stop in and see me at the rally- site C87, I used to be on the T@b Yahoo forum as a T@da owner before my Escape days.

Tags
17b, bed size?