Movin' on up - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2021, 12:10 AM   #1

Trailer: 5.0 deposit in
Movin' on up

Well folks after several weeks of viewing 100s of Escape posts I knew what I had to do. So I emailed the good folks in BC. A couple of hours later I got a call from Canada and immediately recognized the wonderful accent of Samuel. We talked for maybe 15minutes. I told him that we wanted to place a deposit on a brand new 5.0 (sung to the tune of My 409). When he said Oct 2023 I was still determined. Imagine my surprise today when I got that email from Karl stating he could move me to June 2023. Of course we are happy with any shorter wait.
Almost 2 months ago we were returning from a beautiful COE lake in our C class and about 10 miles from home one of the right rear double tires blew. Now when I say blow I mean it sounded like a shotgun and took out 2 storage compartments with all my tools flying behind me onto the interstate. When I first insured this rv they told me road hazard and wrecker service was included. As some of you know Class C's don't come with a spare tire.
This all happened around 3pm with huge semis flying by inches away. After 6 to 7 hours later no wrecker and pitch black except for oncoming traffic. Fortunately a friend found a wrecker willing to help us if we would pay him $680 when he got there. Finally he arrived and he had him take the rv to a very large repair place where we bought this monster. Almost 2 months later it is still there waiting for new storage boxes.
During the wait I realized I hate being at the mercy of what ever happens on the road. I absolutely had to have something with a spare tire.
This of course leads us to our love affair with Escapes. I still have a 1996 F 250 diesel that I had more or less retired to a large storage building with barely 80,000 miles that I had used to pull another 5th wheel when my kids were still growing up.
So this is where my tail of woe ends. Hopefully within 2 years we will be one of the few Escape owners in Mississippi....Bill and Barbara.
Patrickinms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 07:08 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome Bill and Barbara, nice background story! Any questions, feel free to ask away, we are here to help you and spend your money..........
Old 07-29-2021, 10:06 AM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
You will now be able to park your RV at a spot and take your truck on day trips to enjoy the local area.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 11:46 AM   #4

Trailer: 2014 19' Escape - 2023 JGC-L Summit
"So this is where my tail of woe ends. Hopefully within 2 years we will be one of the few Escape owners in Mississippi....Bill and Barbara."

Great to see there will be another Escape owner in Mississippi. We're just 90 minutes east of you in Corinth.
DonF is offline   Reply With Quote

« Hello! | Hello! »