New 21 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2019, 10:19 AM   #21

Trailer: Escape 21 hopeful
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
One shower on street side for pets and cleaning, one on kitchen side for outdoor kitchen use.
Dueling showers sounds like a winner to me. Thanks for the advice
3Wheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 10:21 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallemann View Post
In our 19 (and in our upcoming 21), we had ETI put an extra utility door (like the door used with the attached electrical cord) into the area under the driver side dinette bench... we used that door to feed the cord from the exterior antenna to the Weboost booster that was kept under the dinette bench. Worked great in the 19 so we're doing the same in the 21.

FYI, our exterior antenna was not permanently mounted... it was on a telescoping "mast" that I bungee-ed to the spare tire when we camped in areas where the cell signal was weak.
I will talk to them about the extra utility door
Old 09-05-2019, 10:22 AM   #23

Quote:
Dual outside showers, dual outside hatches, dual inside extra small windows-bath and over 2 drawer stack. Also lower the curb side exterior light below belly band to light up step area.
Exterior light lowered..great idea! Thanx
Old 09-05-2019, 10:24 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
My top 3 options are;
1. Extra insulation and dual glazed frameless windows
2. Solar and dual 6V batteries
3. Exterior shower on passenger side as rear as possible for dishes, cooking and showering if you wish

I actually did the last 2 myself, but is something the factory offers. Lots of other options I like too. Reading through past threads on the topic will give you lots to feed on.

Why dual showers? One will perform all functions
Check, check, and check... I like them all
Old 09-05-2019, 10:27 AM   #25

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
We have the u shaped dinette and like it. I also did not have the dinette table installed. Instead I installed a Lagun table mount. There is lots of info on this if you search Lagun on this forum. It was one of the best modifications to our trailer.
Mark&Elaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 10:29 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark&Elaine View Post
We have the u shaped dinette and like it. I also did not have the dinette table installed. Instead I installed a Lagun table mount. There is lots of info on this if you search Lagun on this forum. It was one of the best modifications to our trailer.
How much modification was there needed to do the Lagoon table? We were originally thinking of doing the telescopic table stand.
Old 09-05-2019, 10:51 AM   #27

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
It’s not a difficult installation. The rear wall of the u shaped dinette must be reinforced and a brace from that wall to the floor installed. It sounds complicated but it’s not. I have pictures of my install and table and can send them if you want. There are several install pics on the forum threads also..
Mark&Elaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 10:54 AM   #28

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
One shower on street side for pets and cleaning, one on kitchen side for outdoor kitchen use.
We have used the passenger side tap for cleaning the dog and washing down stuff with no problem. The supplied coiled hose will reach well behind the trailer. But for those that like lots of stuff, I guess there is really no harm. Did you actually do this on your trailer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Wheelin View Post
How much modification was there needed to do the Lagoon table? We were originally thinking of doing the telescopic table stand.
I very much love the Springfield telescoping pedestal with a 4-way slide. I just could not give up a full sized table for our use and the Lagun would be very stressed under the loads we put on it.

I do like the Lagun mount and looked at them a few times installed in Escape trailers. What I love most is the easy removal of the mount, where all I can do is lower to bed height, which does make for an excellent lounging area.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 11:30 AM   #29

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
you can ask for an amber "glass" on the entry door light, too. less glaring for you and outsiders.

I am short, so I asked them to wait till I got there to put the black assist handle on. Just took a minute, and mine is quite a bit lower than the usual install...it straddles the belly band.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:52 AM   #30

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
We have used the passenger side tap for cleaning the dog and washing down stuff with no problem. The supplied coiled hose will reach well behind the trailer. But for those that like lots of stuff, I guess there is really no harm. Did you actually do this on your trailer?
Yes I did Jim. I have one of those spigots for the curbside for our morning coffee as well as washing the pots. The dogs use the opposite side, keeps the mess away from the door. Also got 2 hoses and sprayers.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:53 AM   #31

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I am short, so I asked them to wait till I got there to put the black assist handle on. Just took a minute, and mine is quite a bit lower than the usual install...it straddles the belly band.
I find exiting sideways using the interior pole and the exterior handle is my preferred exit strategy.
Old 09-05-2019, 12:03 PM   #32
Red

Trailer: 2018 19 ft Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
My top 3 options are;
1. Extra insulation and dual glazed frameless windows
2. Solar and dual 6V batteries
3. Exterior shower on passenger side as rear as possible for dishes, cooking and showering if you wish

I actually did the last 2 myself, but is something the factory offers. Lots of other options I like too. Reading through past threads on the topic will give you lots to feed on.

Why dual showers? One will perform all functions
I wanted the outside shower for clean up, not for showering. It made more sense to put it on the passenger side but my wife did not want me spraying water around the shaded awning side. While we were arguing on the show room floor our sales person said why not get both sides. Problem solved.

After one year the passenger side gets used most often and is perfect for dish washing in our outside portable kitchen. The drivers side shower has been very handy for spraying down sewer attachments and those nasty clean up jobs like the bbq.
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 05:29 PM   #33

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Jim, I think they forgot to put the pole in my 17.

That said, I did have the interior left wall reinforced and ETI put another grab handle there for me. So, essentially, I can do the same thing.