New Escape 19 owner in Idaho - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2020, 08:45 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 E19 - towed by a Jeep Gladiator
New Escape 19 owner in Idaho

We're excited...today we finalized adding a few options to the build sheet of a 2020 19 inventory unit we recently put a deposit on. We've struggled with being unable to physically tour any Escape trailer due to COVID19 isolation orders. However, the Escape Ambassador program has connected us with great people who love their units and they were gracious in answering lots of questions.

This forum and it's members has also been invaluable in helping us make the decision of whether to order a entirely personalized trailer or skip the wait and buy one currently in inventory, which options and even DM's and phones calls with forum members, truly a refreshing experience.

Additionally, we've found a few Escape owners YouTube channels and really appreciate your time sharing what you share about your trailers. We're really pleased with the final build items and would have likely ended up selecting the same options....and we didn't have to have sleepless nights wondering if we should order awning style or framed slider windows...the decision was already made.

Finally, the folks at Escape have been great giving us video tours and answering our naive questions about adding options to a trailer already in inventory and sending picture after picture. Even Karl, the President, took the close-up pictures of the upholstery in our trailer!!!

Some background, we love exploring Idaho and surrounding States and for the past 12 years we enjoyed the small confines of a 'Four Wheel Camper' which is an aluminum framed pop-up slide in camper weighing in ~750lbs https://fourwheelcampers.com/ which we ordered direct from the factory sight unseen (sounds similar to Escape's model doesn't it). But seasons change in our lives and our season is now grandparents of 3+ cute grandkids who we want to be able to take with us from time to time and actually have room for them. Additionally, my tow vehicle season changed and after loving a 2006 Tundra and 2015 Tundra we decided to make a drastic change and now drive a Jeep Gladiator Rubicon pickup. For years we planned on purchasing an 19-23' Airstream and have studied every feature but I've always had our eyes on Escape and Oliver fiberglass trailers. Once it came time to making a decision, the decision was easy, Escape, they build a custom trailer, the way I want with the features I want and we feel lucky to have found an inventory unit so we don't have to wait 4 months.

The plans are to pickup our trailer in Sumas around the 1st week of June and after that our plan is to continue our personal isolation, as we always have, by finding remote locations and sharing these experiences with our grandchildren (...and of course, our children too).

Glade & Sherie
gsbfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 09:03 PM   #2

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Glade & Sherie

Congratulations!! its very exciting.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 09:32 PM   #3

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Best of luck with the trailer. Fun times ahead! You are going to love the 19.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:03 PM   #4

Trailer: 2018 19'
Happy to hear of another boise owner. I have 2 foot itist so would love to see when u get your trailer.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:18 PM   #5

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Welcome and congratulations on your 19! A E19 was our first Escape trailer. You will be very happy with it!

Normally I would be heading to Weiser, ID for the National Old Time Fiddle Festival in June but like many events it has been canceled. Boise is a lovely town. Try to hit the Bardonay Restaurant whenever we are there.

Cheers!
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 07:55 AM   #6

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome G&S and take pictures of your pick up for posting here.
Old 05-13-2020, 10:03 AM   #7

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
We love Idaho. Very nice intro...Welcome! (5th and Main, Lewiston.)
Attached Thumbnails
Idaho.jpg  
Old 05-13-2020, 10:38 AM   #8

Looks like a nice place, we always cross north of here at Coeur d'Alene on the interstate on our travels east and west.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:05 PM   #9

As requested...

Here's a picture of our previous setup with our Four Wheel Camper on our Tundra. We loved it's capabilities and sold a bunch of them in Idaho as informal ambassadors before they setup a regional distributor network. We're excited to have so much comfort and space the E19 offers for the size, weight and quality.

The second picture is our new tow vehicle. Our trailer has gloss black graphics so it should match each other nicely. Can't wait to get them hooked up together.
Attached Thumbnails
FWC 15 Tundra 1.jpg   Gladiator wide screen.jpg  
Old 05-13-2020, 12:07 PM   #10

Maybe the first Gladiator towing.....
Old 05-13-2020, 01:00 PM   #11

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsbfree View Post
The second picture is our new tow vehicle. Our trailer has gloss black graphics so it should match each other nicely. Can't wait to get them hooked up together.
Great picture, I really like the looks of your TV. Rugged vehicle for that rugged terrain!
Attached Thumbnails
Gladiator wide screen.jpg  
Old 05-13-2020, 03:07 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Maybe the first Gladiator towing.....
Really interested in the real world towing experience with the Gladiator and a 19. I see some online testing that said towing MPG went down hard (under 10) with 4000# load. This was on relatively flat terrain with constant highway speed. Wonder how the 3.0L eco-diesel will do that should be available later this year?
Old 05-13-2020, 03:14 PM   #13

I take with a Gladiator owner awhile ago, he had the 3.6L Pentastar motor and the huge 33's on his truck. He said around 12 mpg was his avg, without towing. It is very square like the old style Wrangler and mine only got around 12 with a 4 cyl and regular wheels.
Old 05-13-2020, 06:03 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Really interested in the real world towing experience with the Gladiator and a 19. I see some online testing that said towing MPG went down hard (under 10) with 4000# load. This was on relatively flat terrain with constant highway speed. Wonder how the 3.0L eco-diesel will do that should be available later this year?
Once we pickup our trailer and travel from Sumas to Boise I'll write-up our experience towing and mpg, etc.

My real life experience towing a 7x16 enclosed cargo trailer and loaded with a Polaris Rzr inside results in 14mpg on highway with 6% grade. The Gladiator maintained 55 mph speed climbing with rpms under 3k. I was ecstatic with those numbers compared to my 2015 Tundra which was way more powerful but guzzled fuel, my real life experience with Four Wheel Camper on Tundra was 12-13mpg.
Old 05-13-2020, 06:20 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I take with a Gladiator owner awhile ago, he had the 3.6L Pentastar motor and the huge 33's on his truck. He said around 12 mpg was his avg, without towing. It is very square like the old style Wrangler and mine only got around 12 with a 4 cyl and regular wheels.
Our real life experience mpg to date with 2700 miles on the Gladiator is 18.6mpg average. I have standard 33' MT tires which comes stock. I've been holding off on any modifications until we have the trailer and we know exactly how it handles towing.

Official window sticker mpg is 17 City - 21 Hwy...at least for the Rubicon model. I'm not a light footed driver...I just drive Tow capacity rated at 7000lbs.
Old 05-13-2020, 06:53 PM   #16

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19, "Zen Purple", 2017 4X4 Chevy Colorado/Duramax
Congratulations on your new 19, from another 19 owner in Idaho! We got ours in 2018, purchased sight unseen just like you. After signing the build sheet but well before it went into production, we ran into some very nice folks camping along Kelly Creek, and they very graciously showed us their 19. Fortunately, we really liked it! We were still in our tent during that trip, and I remember as we pulled into the campground, I spied it... there's an Escape! After lurking around their campsite trying to look at it, I finally just walked up, introduced myself, told them we had just bought one, and they were more than happy to visit and show us theirs. I've found that's usually what happens with Escape folks!
salmo7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 11:38 AM   #17

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
You will have a wonderful time with your grandkids out and about! I started with a tiny A Frame and my two granddaughters at the time...one slept with me in the double and the other on the floor with a pad. the only spare space was the square just inside the door! Got a bigger A Frame and then my Escape, which has in two years seen many happy times!
Old 05-28-2020, 08:21 PM   #18

The count down to Sumas pick-up has been started....one week from today....!!! Since the border is closed we’re doing a final video walkthrough tomorrow to have one final look to make sure everything is in order before next Thursday.

The plan is to stay near Sumas at the small rural Oostema Farmstead for the first night so we can ‘move in’ and get to know the trailer before taking a couple days back to Boise.

It’s getting real and are looking forward to seeing the Gladiator matched up with the E19.
Old 05-28-2020, 09:30 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsbfree View Post
The count down to Sumas pick-up has been started....one week from today....!!! Since the border is closed we’re doing a final video walkthrough tomorrow to have one final look to make sure everything is in order before next Thursday.

The plan is to stay near Sumas at the small rural Oostema Farmstead for the first night so we can ‘move in’ and get to know the trailer before taking a couple days back to Boise.

It’s getting real and are looking forward to seeing the Gladiator matched up with the E19.
Have fun and good luck. Looking forward to your report on the new 19 and Gladiator.