New Escapee in Northern California - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2016, 10:34 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape 17B - Sept 2017
New Escapee in Northern California

Hi,
Just mailed my deposit in for a 17B. I have been reading many, many posts here and getting lots of ideas.... and questions! My possible options list is a mile long accompanied with a question list that extends to the horizon. This is a great site for getting questions answered and generating new ones.... Looking forward to learning from all of you. I have been a camper for many years - tent to Coleman popup to currently an Aliner. My camping to date has been 99% dry camping and I am now interested in adding power items - solar is definitely on the list. I will continue searching the many informative posts here and posting questions along the way.
Patricia
Petaluma, CA
parfsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 12:05 PM   #2

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Yay! Congrats!

Now the long wait starts! but you can fill it with lists of things you need for it, cruising Amazon for said items, receiving said items enough that you get to know your UPS driver by name (not that I know anything about that!), plotting where you'll go in it, where stuff will fit inside, etc, etc.

And changing your info on the left to what you now have on order!

And most of all, working on that build sheet and reading as many posts here as you can to get that sheet completed. Have fun! I know I did.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 12:19 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Welcome...you'll just love it..although since there are so many options and ETI is so accommodating, you may have a new part-time job ahead of you.
Old 10-02-2016, 12:27 PM   #4

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Congratulations!!! Looking forward to see your build sheet appear on the forum one day!
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 12:40 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Welcome to the Escape world, Patricia. As Sandra says, the options can take a lot of looking! Think I spent most of a year between them and the big pick-up trip plan/do. But it is nice to have the option of options. Other companies don't do all of this. You will be glad to have an Escape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfsten View Post
Hi,
Just mailed my deposit in for a 17B. I have been reading many, many posts here and getting lots of ideas.... and questions! My possible options list is a mile long accompanied with a question list that extends to the horizon. This is a great site for getting questions answered and generating new ones.... Looking forward to learning from all of you. I have been a camper for many years - tent to Coleman popup to currently an Aliner. My camping to date has been 99% dry camping and I am now interested in adding power items - solar is definitely on the list. I will continue searching the many informative posts here and posting questions along the way.
Patricia
Petaluma, CA
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 07:56 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 17B - Sept 2017
The hunt is on for options - I have a year to wait until my new little house on wheels is ready for pickup. As I get further into constructing a build list I will be welcoming your feedback and answers to the inevitable questions that will come up.
parfsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 08:26 PM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfsten View Post
The hunt is on for options - I have a year to wait until my new little house on wheels is ready for pickup. As I get further into constructing a build list I will be welcoming your feedback and answers to the inevitable questions that will come up.
And we are looking forward to the questions!

The forum is a very valuable resource for such things. Our trailer was just how we wanted it, thanks in no small part to the great folks here who answered a ton of our questions when we were new.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk