New hopeful 5.0 owner here - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2019, 07:33 PM   #1

Trailer: Future 5.0 owner
New hopeful 5.0 owner here

I'm really glad I found that there is a forum for Escape owners! My Great Dane and I are hopeful 5.0 owners. My duties as a caretaker for my mom in home hospice (only child/family) recently came to an end, so I'm kind of looking forward at what's next. I know I've been wanting to downsize for a long time now, and it's the perfect time since I sold my entire life in Colorado when I found out my mom was sick.

I look forward to learning more from you folks. I'm really hoping the 5.0 is tall enough with a factory lift to be towed by a Power Wagon.
TexanAviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 07:46 PM   #2

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Welcome to the forum. When you emailed ETI about matching the trailer to your truck, did you include the measurements for the bed and rail height?

Sorry to hear about your mom.
Old 10-29-2019, 08:40 PM   #3

Thanks, Bob, it's been rough. I'll need to go to the dealer and get a measurement myself, I haven't been able to find it online. My previous emails to Escape got lost, but I got in touch with them today, so now all I need to do is wait to see what they think of my laundry list of options and wants
Old 10-29-2019, 09:37 PM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanAviator View Post
My previous emails to Escape got lost, but I got in touch with them today....
Welcome aboard Nic. I think you'll love the 5.0TA.

Just so you know, the Escape Forum is in not owned, operated, controlled or moderated by Escape Trailer Industries. Anything you send to Escape from this Forum will likely not get seen. For anything regarding an order, call Escape directly, email them directly, or use the contact form on their website.
Old 10-29-2019, 09:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Welcome aboard Nic. I think you'll love the 5.0TA.

Just so you know, the Escape Forum is in not owned, operated, controlled or moderated by Escape Trailer Industries. Anything you send to Escape from this Forum will likely not get seen. For anything regarding an order, call Escape directly, email them directly, or use the contact form on their website.

Yes, I've contacted them. I've gotten a lot of reminders about this for some reason, I'm just looking to talk with the community, if that's ok.
Old 10-29-2019, 09:46 PM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanAviator View Post
Yes, I've contacted them. I've gotten a lot of reminders about this for some reason, I'm just looking to talk with the community, if that's ok.
Of course it's OK! I think the reason for the reminders were previous posts where your questions appeared to be directed to ETI, rather than the Forum members. Thanks for clarifying.
Old 10-29-2019, 09:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Of course it's OK! I think the reason for the reminders were previous posts where your questions appeared to be directed to ETI, rather than the Forum members. Thanks for clarifying.
I copied and pasted parts of my posts from my email to them, no wonder it sounded like that, lol. Thanks again for the warm welcome, and you've got to admit, seeing what people here have created with their rigs makes you feel like a boy or girl in a candy shop

There's so much room for activities!
Old 10-30-2019, 02:03 AM   #8

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
You can't go wrong with an Escape 5.0TA. I have owned 6 trailers and Escape is the best by far. Our new 19' is on order.