New kid from Ottawa - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2016, 09:39 AM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 pulled by GMC Canyon Diesel.
New kid from Ottawa

I have been researching TTs on and off for some time...years, and now is the time to get serious. Escape is new to me and I have been reading up on the advantages of fiberglass.
I have never seen a real life Escape TT but I am sure I will at some point. I am looking forward to finding out more through the forum and the upcoming reveal is on my must-not miss list.
I have just ordered a GMC Canyon diesel and a drive to B.C. would be just great! You never know!
JPSpins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 09:48 AM   #2

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
We are ALL waiting impatiently for the big reveal. Welcome to the group of enthousiasts! Wishing you all the best in discovering Escape!
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:15 AM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSpins View Post
I have been researching TTs on and off for some time...years, and now is the time to get serious. Escape is new to me and I have been reading up on the advantages of fiberglass.
I have never seen a real life Escape TT but I am sure I will at some point. I am looking forward to finding out more through the forum and the upcoming reveal is on my must-not miss list.
I have just ordered a GMC Canyon diesel and a drive to B.C. would be just great! You never know!
Hi: JPSpins... Check with dbailey on this forum. Hails from near Kanata On. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 01:12 PM   #4

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Welcome to the forum!

Whether or not you go for an Escape, I can't emphasize enough the huge difference in susceptibility to water damage between the moulded fibreglass trailers and the stick built trailers with fibreglass panels that meet at seams. The latter flex at the seams and lead to undetectable leaks that destroy trailers. Besides ourselves, I know many whose trailer investment went south due to leaks. So if you go moulded fibreglass you won't have the same level of anxiety about water leaks. We loved our Nash trailer, but sold it for less than the taxes on our new Escape after $6800 damage in 2009 and then facing a $5000 repair bill in 2014. What a loss! Even the RV shop couldn't find the source of the 2nd leak without taking it apart, such was the difficulty finding the leak past the caulking. Same story with my brother-in-law's Jayco trailer.

If you look at the number of people who have bought Escapes again it should give you a sense of the value in them. I know I wouldn't hesitate to buy again, even at the new higher prices. Of course if you don't have the money for even an Escape, you do what you have to do and take your chances.

Bob K
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 04:12 PM   #5

Thank you!

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. Mark Twain
Old 03-18-2016, 04:14 PM   #6

Thank you! I will certainly drop him a line. JPS

Old 03-18-2016, 04:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbito View Post
Welcome to the forum!

Whether or not you go for an Escape, I can't emphasize enough the huge difference in susceptibility to water damage between the moulded fibreglass trailers and the stick built trailers with fibreglass panels that meet at seams. The latter flex at the seams and lead to undetectable leaks that destroy trailers. Besides ourselves, I know many whose trailer investment went south due to leaks. So if you go moulded fibreglass you won't have the same level of anxiety about water leaks. We loved our Nash trailer, but sold it for less than the taxes on our new Escape after $6800 damage in 2009 and then facing a $5000 repair bill in 2014. What a loss! Even the RV shop couldn't find the source of the 2nd leak without taking it apart, such was the difficulty finding the leak past the caulking. Same story with my brother-in-law's Jayco trailer.

If you look at the number of people who have bought Escapes again it should give you a sense of the value in them. I know I wouldn't hesitate to buy again, even at the new higher prices. Of course if you don't have the money for even an Escape, you do what you have to do and take your chances.

Bob K
Brilliant advice! My comfort level is on the rise as I am happily researching. Thank you. JPS

Old 03-22-2016, 10:03 PM   #8

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Yup, you're welcome to come out for a look. The trailer is still winterized, with all the doors blocked open and whatnot, but we can have it presentable in just a few minutes. Drop me a PM if you'd like to visit.

2013 Escape 19 ("The Dog House") , 2018 Ford F150
dbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 10:51 PM   #9

Trailer: April 2016 Escape 19
Send a message via Skype™ to redtaco99
Hi JPS
Im down the road from you in Rockland On. My 19 is being built right now and will be completed mid April. I'll do the drive to BC in May to pick it up and will be back probably in late June, so keep me in mind if you want to drop by to chat and check it out.
Jim
redtaco99 is offline   Reply With Quote