New Member 19' coming January 22nd - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2018, 04:58 PM   #1

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
New Member 19' coming January 22nd

We just put down our deposit with the build out date on our 19' being January 22nd. We have most of our build sheet figured out with the biggest remaining questions being the framed or frame-less windows. What is the best area of the forum to post buildout questions?
Mark & Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 05:39 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19, "Zen Purple", 2017 4X4 Chevy Colorado/Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark & Vicki View Post
We just put down our deposit with the build out date on our 19' being January 22nd. We have most of our build sheet figured out with the biggest remaining questions being the framed or frame-less windows. What is the best area of the forum to post buildout questions?
Welcome Mark & Vicki! Congrats on your new 19, I sure love mine. I think most folks post their build questions in Shopping Escape. Check it out!
salmo7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:35 PM   #3

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Hi Folks
At the top of the page, under the Search drop down, use the bottom box and enter what you are looking for.
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg  
Old 09-19-2018, 07:54 PM   #4

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Thanks all, we are excited and anxious. This is a big step for us.
Mark & Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:03 PM   #5

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Congratulations and welcome!!

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 09:28 PM   #6

Trailer: 2018 ESCAPE19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark & Vicki View Post
We picked up our 19 foot 5 days ago!! It vastly exceeds our expectations. On the window: we chose the framed windows as we so like the windows to slide open and slide close. The optional window we chose over our kitchen sink only comes frameless - they just tip out from the bottom. The one window on the driver's side of the bed is the emergency escape and it tips out - but it is really nice. I hear the frameless can be more of a problem in general - but up to you to decide. We also are very glad we did the Axel lift and don't find it too high like we worried. We LOVE the optional big refrigerator and freezer. WOW. We even have frozen pizza on the door of the freezer and I brought my pizza stone for the oven which I also love. The trailer is exceptional.
Tam2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 10:16 AM   #7

Trailer: 2019 19' Escape
Congrats! We also put our deposit down on a 19' yesterday. We are choosing to go with the slider windows. Reading the forums helped us make our decision. Seems there are some gasket issues with the frameless. Our present trailer has sliders and we have been happy with them. Happy building!
Mima06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 09:24 PM   #8

Trailer: E-19 2018
I opted for the thermal framed windows in place of the frameless windows I had ordered after I heard about frameless leaking problems. I am happy with the framed windows, and did not feel comfortable ordering frameless with my background in window installs in homes. While more attractive without the center posts, the glued laminate frameless windows can fail, and the single point plastic screw lock seems way under-designed for the job it must do, plus there are instances of the hinges leaking, which ETI now provides a cover grommet thing for. Things to consider however: ETI could not provide a thermal framed window in the bath and kitchen, and the big front and rear windows are not thermal with the framed window option, at least in the 2018 model 19 I bought. So, be aware that non-thermal windows will sweat a lot with inside condensation to wipe off every morning after cold nights, and non-thermal window let in more heat/cold, and neighbor noise.
Old 09-30-2018, 04:56 AM   #9

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
The thermal sliders have also become unglued in the past, although not as prevalent as the frameless.