New member - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2017, 06:18 PM   #1

Trailer: None

New member. No RV/Trailer at present. We have been to the Casita factory and were impressed(sort of). We are interested in a trailer small enough to not be an issue in traveling yet large enough to be livable. Would be very interested in comparisons by folks that have owned both. Wife has immense allergy issues (life threatening) and while we want to "see the USA" we want her to survive the trip. I do not really want to go to BC to look at a trailer but am interested in the brand and its various models. If there is anyone in Texas who would be willing to let us see their Escape I'd like to know about it. Never heard of the Escape until we were rolling down US 84 north of Snyder this week and saw one. My interest was piqued. Any info/ideas welcome.
JimJoplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 06:32 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Call ETI on next week and ask them for list of people who are willing to show their trailers near Lubbock. If you do end up buying an Escape they will get a small referral cheque ( check ).
Old 03-11-2017, 06:35 PM   #3

Trailer: 2020 Bigfoot 25RQ
You can call Escape Trailer Industries on Monday and they can give you names of people in your area that would be glad to let your tour their escape trailer. Their number is 1 855-703-1650. Good luck.
Sandyb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 07:37 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
While waiting for Monday, click on the owners map tab at the page top, you can see where some are located in Texas.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:44 AM   #5

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21

Welcome to the forum. Our decision to go with an Escape was influenced by seeing a large number of people on this forum who went from Casitas and Scamps to this brand. Also there are quite a number who are on their 2nd Escape and still extremely happy with them. If we were to do it again we would definitely make the same choice. We can vouch for the amazing support by ETI staff, including direct access to the wonderful couple who own it. Often you will get a better answer to a problem or question by talking directly to Reece or Tammy, though you might have to wait a bit to hear back from these busy people. Not to diss this forum that has a lot of great info on it, but on occasion I've called ETI and gotten a much clearer answer on a question or problem.

Bob K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 10:30 AM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbito View Post
Not to diss this forum that has a lot of great info on it, but on occasion I've called ETI and gotten a much clearer answer on a question or problem.
No disrespect at all, and good advice. Quite often, you will get members advising to do just that. No sense us trying to guess at what Escape might do in a situation, definitely best to call or email them to get the rights answer.

Things change. Heck, even I got different answers from them from the time I first decided to get the 5.0TA, to the time I turned in my build sheet. They are constantly changing details on the trailers for the better.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 06:49 PM   #7

Thanks to all you folks who, helpfully, responded. I will use your good advice.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:03 PM   #8

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
There have been discussions of steps to reduce allergic reactions on a new trailer. If this is something of a concern I would start a new topic with a description of the potential issues.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 07:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
There have been discussions of steps to reduce allergic reactions on a new trailer. If this is something of a concern I would start a new topic with a description of the potential issues.
Wife's allergies, in no particular order of priority, are: foods, fragrances (stems from Balsam of Peru, which is in more stuff than I can detail) pollen, and dust. That covers a lot of ground. Obviously the out-gassing from construction materials is a concern too. Main problems: fragrances such as cleaning materials and PERFUME, and if she doesn't cook it, she probably can't eat it.