New member, seriously looking at 5.0TA - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-02-2016, 04:30 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
Red face New member, seriously looking at 5.0TA

Hello.

My wife and I just discovered the Escapes about two months ago, after trying out a Casita 17 and finding it a little tight. We read about the Escapes on line, and decided to use some expiring frequent flyer miles to visit Chilliwack. We planned to look at the 19.

We were very impressed. Everyone we met was very open and friendly, and Sarah spent a lot of time with us getting us started and answering our questions.

After we looked at a 2017 Escape 19, we noticed the 2016 5.0TA parked nearby. Even though it is only a little bigger than the 19, it just felt more comfortable to both of us. My favorite part is that I can get out of bed without crawling over my wife.

We are now considering all of the many options, including the "unlisted" ones that I am reading about on this forum. There are a lot of decisions, but that is a good thing. We haven't seen any other line of RVs that allows this level of customization.

Before we went to Chilliwack, we promised each other that we would not make any snap decisions. We agreed to wait for the Tarrant County RV show that will be held the first week in January in Fort Worth, to see what else is out there. I agreed to that condition, and I am going to honor my commitment. But it's not going to be easy.
gmchamplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 04:43 PM   #2

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Welcome to the forum.

RV shows are always interesting. Being small camper people we usually walk around shaking our heads.
Old 11-02-2016, 04:47 PM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmchamplin View Post
After we looked at a 2017 Escape 19, we noticed the 2016 5.0TA parked nearby. Even though it is only a little bigger than the 19, it just felt more comfortable to both of us. My favorite part is that I can get out of bed without crawling over my wife.
Although there's only a bit more than 2' more in length, there's 4 feet more in length for interior living. Plus the 5.0TA is wider.

Good luck in your decision!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 05:18 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Welcome to the site. The 19 is a fantastic trailer layout, the 5.0TA has some advantages, but a few drawbacks too. This is why checking them all out is a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmchamplin View Post
Before we went to Chilliwack, we promised each other that we would not make any snap decisions. We agreed to wait for the Tarrant County RV show that will be held the first week in January in Fort Worth, to see what else is out there. I agreed to that condition, and I am going to honor my commitment. But it's not going to be easy.
Oh man, that is a long time to wait to make the final call on something you know you will do.

But, it does not hurt to be certain. This way you will not second guess your final choice.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 05:45 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Welcome! I hope you also saw a 21'? The 5.0 and 21' are very much the same from the door back.

You will likely be bored by the RV show if you do any looking into stick trailers, and their construction compared to molded fiberglass, in the meantime. But good idea not to make a decision right away. Took us about two years I think from when we started to look. Kind of like looking for a spouse! Take your time.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 06:27 PM   #6

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Welcome! You should go to the RV show if for any reason, to reinforce your ultimate decision to buy the Escape. The differences in quality will amaze you. Have fun!
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 02:02 AM   #7

Welcome!!! Again!!! We met you and your wife in the 5.0TA in Chilliwack. You guys wandered in while Elaine and I were in that trailer making our last minute build sheet decisions. We get our 5.0TA in February. We have been looking for a trailer for 2 to 3 years and finally decided on the Escape. Hope to see you at a campground somewhere down the line!! Mark
Mark&Elaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 03:18 PM   #8

Thanks! We got some good ideas from you in our short meeting. I look forward to seeing you again when we both have 5.0s.
gmchamplin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags