New Member with Long Wait! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2021, 02:13 PM   #1

Trailer: 2022 E19
New Member with Long Wait!

Hi folks, a new member here and having just put down our deposit on an Escape 19.
That means a 2023 delivery!
We're not new to RVing having owned over the years a very small 19' fifth wheel, a 32' Class A and most recently a 37' Class A. Like many people we grew tired of the big rigs and looked to downsize and simplify things.
Having some experience with RV's we're going into this with our eyes wide open but at the same time hoping that Escape turns out to be a good decision and worth the wait!
Fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 09:35 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome Paul, to our little Escape world...........
Old 10-24-2021, 11:33 AM   #3

Thank You!
Old 10-24-2021, 07:23 PM   #4

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Hello, Fender. As a fellow future Escape owner, welcome to the waiting line. LOL. We’ll see if you’re delivery date is accelerated like ours, as we started out with a completion date of March 2023 and we’re now slated for May 2022. We could have even accepted a jump to March 2022, but we decided May works better for us. Hopefully your date moves forward too. Either way, it seems the time just flies by. Good luck!
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 07:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakRV View Post
Hello, Fender. As a fellow future Escape owner, welcome to the waiting line. LOL. We’ll see if you’re delivery date is accelerated like ours, as we started out with a completion date of March 2023 and we’re now slated for May 2022. We could have even accepted a jump to March 2022, but we decided May works better for us. Hopefully your date moves forward too. Either way, it seems the time just flies by. Good luck!
Wow! That is interesting. Our date is May 2023. Maybe the bump ahead is model related. We've ordered a 19.
Mind me asking what model you've spoken for?
Old 10-24-2021, 08:39 PM   #6

Trailer: 2019 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender View Post
Wow! That is interesting. Our date is May 2023. Maybe the bump ahead is model related. We've ordered a 19.

Hello Fender and welcome to the forum and the looooong waiting list!

Yes the speed of the move forward is model specific. But only in regards to the 5th wheel versus the other models. The 5.0TA is not moving at anywhere near the speed of the other models. In fact ETI had suggested in one of their videos that some people on the 5th wheel waiting list might want to switch to a different model to get a trailer faster.

I'm waiting on a 5th wheel and my current delivery is Sept of 22 and I have been touching base with another member that is waiting on a 21. They started out behind me but have moved significantly in front of me over the summer months. In fact the move is so extreme I've had thoughts of changing my trailer selection, but I've stayed the course...

ETI has had labor issues recently which has slowed the whole process down for all trailers but hopefully they'll get that taken care of and get back to the elevated rate of production they had attained in the summer.
Chamberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 09:25 PM   #7

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Yes, as Chamberman said, the 5.0 fifth wheel models lag behind all the others due to a need to stagger their build. We put a deposit on a 21NE, but we’re not locked in. Actually, except for knowing we won’t be going with a 5.0, we’re still open to the E19, E21C, or E21NE.

Also, echoing Chamberman, Escape hit a labor snag recently that had them missing some delivery dates. It appears to be a hiccup (sick leave related?), and not something long lasting.

Hang in there and by attrition alone, most likely, your date will move up too.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 07:37 AM   #8

Thanks to you both for this info. I would be excited to get our trailer sometime in 2022. Maybe even in time to use it before the snow flies!
It would seem logical that if one person gets moved ahead that everyone would so I'll keep my fingers crossed that we get some news from Escape!
Old 10-25-2021, 08:47 AM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Thanks to you both for this info. I would be excited to get our trailer sometime in 2022. Maybe even in time to use it before the snow flies!
It would seem logical that if one person gets moved ahead that everyone would so I'll keep my fingers crossed that we get some news from Escape!
Hi: Fender... No one told me the older I get the harder it is to keep my fingers crossed. They "Cramp" so much!!! After almost 7 yrs., I still feel Escapes are worth their "Weight". BTW welcome!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1050271.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 12:48 PM   #10

Trailer: 2013 E19
I'm in the same boat. I sure hope the line moves up. I hoping with more around, more people are able to buy used, & drop out. I'm a long way away, so very few around here to come up for sale.
Chasing Trials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 01:16 PM   #11

Trailer: 2021 5.0 TA
Welcome aboard, enjoy the wait.
WanderBred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 03:14 PM   #12
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasing Trials View Post
I'm in the same boat. I sure hope the line moves up. I hoping with more around, more people are able to buy used, & drop out. I'm a long way away, so very few around here to come up for sale.
hey, we drove from the mid left coast to near Dallas, TX, to pick up our used trailer and tow it home at Christmas 4 years ago.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 03:35 PM   #13

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Now is the time to shop on line and purchase items needed to "outfit" your new Escape. Here is what my porch looked like today,,,
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0103.jpg   IMG_0105.jpg  
Old 12-24-2021, 03:52 PM   #14

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Now is the time to shop on line and purchase items needed to "outfit" your new Escape. Here is what my porch looked like today,,,
Hi: cpaharley2008... No porch pirates' in your neighbourhood!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 04:06 PM   #15

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I have neighbors whose porch looks like that every day. The first van arrives early in the day and the last late in the evening. Definitely become a way of life for some folks.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote