New Members From Mt. Prospect Illinois - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2016, 03:01 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 Little Paradise
New Members From Mt. Prospect Illinois

After several enjoyable years in our teardrop trailer, my wife (Ann) and I have decided that it was time for an upgrade. We had considered many different RV's over the years, but felt the Escape 19 best fit all of our requirements. We have placed our order and started the journey to the realization of what OUR Escape 19 will be.

We were very fortunate that the Mississippi River Rendezvous took place this past weekend. Many fiberglass trailers old and new on display including Casita, Scamp, UHaul, Hunter, and of course ESCAPE. So it was a great opportunity to begin to refine our build sheet meeting with a group of experienced, knowledgeable and very helpful owners. We quickly understood that they were also genuinely warm, friendly and very welcoming. Most of all I was impressed with how satisfied and appreciative they were with their trailers and the commitment and support they receive from Escape.

Having spent several weeks lurking in the background on the forum it is nice now to be able to put some faces on the user names, and have a much better insight and understanding of who these individuals are. I thank Paul & Janet, Bill & Earline, Dave & Rita, Tonny & Carol, Leon, Eric, Jim, Jay & Liz, Chris & Kris, Adelle & Don, Lisa & Pete...
We met so many terrific people, unfortunately at my age I can only remember a handful. From quickly changing campgrounds due to flooding, to driving 2000+ miles in a few days, to answering all my questions, this was a special group.

I look forward to learning more from the forum, it is a great resource and really enhances this whole experience. Mostly though, I look forward to meeting as many members as I can and be able to camp next to you in my new Escape 19.

Bob Nemes-Ann Nemes (Escape 19 due Sept. 29, 2017)
menemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 05:36 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
Welcome Bob & Ann and congratulations on ordering your Escape. It's good to see more coming to Illinois. We may have met at the Mississippi rally but we were only able to stay a couple hours and like you say, too many names to remember. It truly is a special group.
Old 10-03-2016, 07:17 PM   #3

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
Welcome to the forum and to the Escape family. It seems that Illinois has a growing population of Escape Trailers. My wife and I are currently in the frantic stage of finalizing our build sheet. The wait time goes by much quicker then you can imagine.
Old 10-03-2016, 07:24 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Welcome from one who grew up in those suburbs of Chicago. Decided enough of white winters, so we're out in Oregon now, camping year round!

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 07:31 PM   #5

Thanks Tom. I will remember for next time. I did talk with several current and future Illinois people. The population seems to be growing rapidly. Hope to see you down the road sometime soon with your 5.0.

Bob
Old 10-03-2016, 07:54 PM   #6

Thanks Steve. I know the time will fly by, but it is still like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. Good luck on your build. I hope we have a mild winter and an early spring.

Thanks Charlie. So you escaped in multiple ways. You are very fortunate. We keep trying to get out, but this large magnet called family keeps drawing us back.

Bob
Old 10-03-2016, 08:23 PM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19 (TV: 2007 Chevy Tahoe)
Welcome. I live down the street from you in Des Plaines. Feel free to come by for some 'Escape' chat. Message me if you like.
pkgman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 08:50 PM   #8

Thanks pkgman51. Hey it is great to hear from an owner neighbor. I think I will take you up on that offer. I will send you a PM soon.

Bob
Old 10-03-2016, 09:44 PM   #9

Trailer: 21’ 2020
Hi Bob and Ann!
We enjoyed meeting you as well, and welcome! So happy that you have an Escape on order - just in time for next year's rally, I hope?
So, Ann won't have to wash dishes in the rain anymore!

We'll have to get together as well, as we're not too far from you.
The Illinois contingency is growing!
Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:07 PM   #10

Thanks Addie. It was very nice meeting you and viewing your beautiful 19. I know that Ann is looking forward to a bathroom that doesn't involve a bag too.

It would be great to get together with you. We know we would enjoy seeing some of your work. I will continue poking around here on the forum and get up to speed. We look forward to seeing you sometime soon!

Bob and Ann