New to Escape 5.0 in May - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-13-2020, 01:22 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 TA 5.0 May pickup
New to Escape 5.0 in May

Hi my name is Kat. I will be picking up my new 5.0 TA on May 15 and hope to attend the rally the next week. I am new to the Escape trailers but not new to RVing. I have had a larger class A and fifth wheel non of which were fiberglass. I am excited to join your community.

I'm a Virginia resident. Is there anyone from Virginia that could tell me about the registration process. I was hoping to pick up the trailer and do some traveling in Canada and western US befote going back east.
Kat66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 01:58 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome Kat, to our Escape world. Osoyoos is one of our favorite cg and seeing 180+ Escapes all in one place is a sight to see and remember. We have been there 4 times now
Old 02-13-2020, 05:15 PM   #3

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Hi Kat66:

We pick up our new 5.0 TA the day before you. As far as I know, once you take possession at Sumas (on the U.S. side), you can drive right over the border and start your trip in BC.

We should meet at the rally and have a toast to our new campers!

We are planning on doing that a few days after pickup. We are going to Deception Pass State Park in the San Juan Islands for 5 nights first. Then up thru Sumas and northeast towards the rally.

Anything you guys want to pass along about doing this with a new trailer and temporary plates (I assume)?
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 06:02 PM   #4

Hi Uncle Tim,
Yes we will definitely have to meet at the rally. After I pick up my trailer I plan on being full time. So I want my registration to be all set so I don't have to return to Virginia until December of 2020. It makes no sense to me to drive 3000 miles to pick up the rig and return 3000 miles just for registration if my plan is to explore the West both US and CA.
Old 02-13-2020, 07:58 PM   #5

Wow!

There are people that know about this. I don't!

I do know about the West so after you get that worked out, lemmeno if you want to talk about camping and such! Love it!

Help if I can.
Old 02-14-2020, 10:06 AM   #6

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat66 View Post
I'm a Virginia resident. Is there anyone from Virginia that could tell me about the registration process. I was hoping to pick up the trailer and do some traveling in Canada and western US befote going back east.
First, Kat, let me say welcome to the Escape Nation and it’s forum.

ETI does not issue you a temporary tag; all you get is paperwork. If I were you, I would go to the local DMV office and ask a supervisor (sometimes the clerks are clueless) if Virginia allows you to register your trailer prior to taking delivery. Some States do (my home state of Florida does); some states do not (e.g.,Texas I believe). If Virginia does, pay off your trailer before you pick it up and ask ETI to send you all the paperwork (certificate of origin, bill of sale, VIN, etc.). If not, keep all the paperwork in the cab within reach, as a law enforcement officer may pull you over for not having a tag. From past posts on the forum, most people experience no problems transporting a trailer home without a tag, but it is nice if you can eliminate that concern. It all depends on Virginia’s the requirements.
Old 02-14-2020, 01:51 PM   #7

Thank you C&G:

I already checked into it and am trying to title and register it by early April.

Did not even think of that!! Thanks again.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:22 AM   #8

C&G
Thank you so much. I was thinking along those lines already. I really hope VA wants to play nice. It would really be a pain in the but to have to drive home 3000 miles just for a tag.
Old 02-19-2020, 03:06 PM   #9

Trailer: 2020 5.0 TA
Hi Katt66,

I'm new to this group and I pick up my Escape 5.0 on May 5th. I plan on roaming around Canada on my way to the rally. I'll be leaving the panhandle of FL sometime in April and take a slow trip to the north west arriving in Canada in time to pick up the Escape. I'm retired so not in a hurry on this trip. Looking forward to meeting everyone at the rally id nor sooner.
Buckyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 03:34 PM   #10

Hi there,
I am so looking forward to meeting everyone at the rally myself. I lived in Port St. Lucie Florida before moving to VA. I'm partially retired myself and am planning on full timing and doing a lot of boon-docking. Can't wait for the adventure to start