Newbie here! - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-17-2020, 03:46 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Trailer: Escape Wannabe
Posts: 3
Newbie here!

Hi everyone,
My husband and I currently don't have any RVs but are very interested in getting one. The pandemic has us re-think how to vacation and watching all those RV YouTube videos during lockdown is not helping.

We found out about Escape a couple of weeks ago and we both fell in love it. We're considering the 5.0, preferably a used one, so we're watching the for sale forum like hawks.

Look forward to being part of this community!
Angela
__________________

AuJusCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 04:05 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Doug2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: London, Ontario
Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Posts: 590
Welcome

I am a little biased, the Escape 5.0TA is the best RV under $100k in my opinion. I only believe this because I owned 2 tent trailers, 2 big travel trailers, a 1977 Trillium which is fiberglass, a 2007 Escape 17B and now a new Escape 19. The first 2 had little things to constantly fix. The 3rd was totally rotten but on a nice lakefront lot, the 4th trailer had a slide that leaked as soon as we bought it. The Fiberglass trailers I was really happy with.

We would have bought the Escape 5.0TA but we couldn't give up the truck bed. My son prefers to sleep there undisturbed when he can. If I bought anything else, it would be a Class A.
__________________

__________________
2020 Escape 19, AKA The Escape Pod 2
Trailer #6 was a 2007 Escape 17B
2019 Toyota Tundra 4.6L 4X4 DC
Following TravellingRobert on Youtube
Doug2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 05:42 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
UncleTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Posts: 728
I completely agree with Doug. Best camper ever.
Welcome!
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 09:34 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Tacoma, Washington
Trailer: 2020 Escape 21
Posts: 64
I really like the idea of a 5.0, but we're towing with an SUV and didn't want to be locked into full size pickup ownership for the life of the trailer. We went with a 21C for that reason.

I've got family members who swear they will never go back to anything else but a fifth wheel (said family members will also always have a pickup regardless of trailer ownership and think I am crazy for towing with anything less than an F250)

In any event, I think there are significant stability advantages and handling / maneuvering advantages in the 5.0 over the 21C we have. That said, we're really happy with our 21C, just as the 5.0 owners are with their rigs.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the Escape models.
cityofdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 09:38 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Green Valley, Arizona
Trailer: 2018 5.0TA
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug2000 View Post
Welcome

I am a little biased, the Escape 5.0TA is the best RV under $100k in my opinion. I only believe this because I owned 2 tent trailers, 2 big travel trailers, a 1977 Trillium which is fiberglass, a 2007 Escape 17B and now a new Escape 19. The first 2 had little things to constantly fix. The 3rd was totally rotten but on a nice lakefront lot, the 4th trailer had a slide that leaked as soon as we bought it. The Fiberglass trailers I was really happy with.

We would have bought the Escape 5.0TA but we couldn't give up the truck bed. My son prefers to sleep there undisturbed when he can. If I bought anything else, it would be a Class A.
Been there Doug and, trust me, you don't need the Class A Grief! ETI 5.0TA forever!
PM15283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 09:56 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
escape artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Thomas not BVI., Ontario
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Posts: 6,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
I completely agree with Doug. Best camper ever.
Welcome!
Hi: UncleTim... Also what I've been saying all along. You can't beat 'em with a stick!!! Well you could but that'd be cruel.
Here's a pic just back from the SPA!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1050271.jpg (269.9 KB, 10 views)
__________________
Quote Bugs Bunny..."Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it ALIVE"!!!
'16 Ram Eco D. 4X4 Laramie Longhorn CC & '14 Escape 5.0TA
St.Thomas (Not the Virgin Islands) Ontario
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 10:03 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
UncleTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Posts: 728
We're not doing this again!

Are we? She looks shiny!

Did she get a make-over? Is she a she?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Camping at home.jpg (393.9 KB, 8 views)
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 03:22 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Mark James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Victoria, British Columbia
Trailer: 2016/ 5TA Spirit Bear
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuJusCo View Post
Hi everyone,
My husband and I currently don't have any RVs but are very interested in getting one. The pandemic has us re-think how to vacation and watching all those RV YouTube videos during lockdown is not helping.

We found out about Escape a couple of weeks ago and we both fell in love it. We're considering the 5.0, preferably a used one, so we're watching the for sale forum like hawks.

Look forward to being part of this community!
Angela
We take our 5 TA and ToyotaTundra down to Arizona every winter. Beautiful State you have there. Strongly recommend the 5. Easy to tow, no sway and it essentially has two living areas. Quality of the Escape camper for the money can’t be beat. You can’t go wrong with anything in their line up.
Mark James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 07:48 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
escape artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Thomas not BVI., Ontario
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Posts: 6,771
She?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
We're not doing this again!

Are we? She looks shiny!

Did she get a make-over? Is she a she?
Hi: UncleTim... OK!!! We're not doing this again. Are we?
Because she sits out in full sun I take her to a pro finisher. My waxing days are waning!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
__________________
Quote Bugs Bunny..."Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it ALIVE"!!!
'16 Ram Eco D. 4X4 Laramie Longhorn CC & '14 Escape 5.0TA
St.Thomas (Not the Virgin Islands) Ontario
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 10:51 AM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Trailer: Escape Wannabe
Posts: 3
Winter in AZ and summer in BC sounds like a perfect life! I'm glad to hear all the glowing endorsements of the 5 TA. Really look forward to getting ours.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark James View Post
We take our 5 TA and ToyotaTundra down to Arizona every winter. Beautiful State you have there. Strongly recommend the 5. Easy to tow, no sway and it essentially has two living areas. Quality of the Escape camper for the money canít be beat. You canít go wrong with anything in their line up.
AuJusCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 10:57 AM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Trailer: Escape Wannabe
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PM15283 View Post
Been there Doug and, trust me, you don't need the Class A Grief! ETI 5.0TA forever!

Hi neighbor,
Glad to hear you're loving your 5.0 TA! We'd love to see it in person if you're up for it (and once the whole COVID thing calms down).
AuJusCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 11:16 AM   #12
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Cleburne, Texas
Trailer: 2021 Escape 21C on order
Posts: 59
Welcome! We ordered the 21C and are looking forward to receiving it in February 2021. I think the new 5.0 is out to May or June so hopefully you have luck finding a used one. Maybe this winter but you'll have to jump quick, maybe sight unseen.


Good Luck, Jimmy
__________________

uthorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×