Newbie here! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2020, 03:46 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape Wannabe
Newbie here!

Hi everyone,
My husband and I currently don't have any RVs but are very interested in getting one. The pandemic has us re-think how to vacation and watching all those RV YouTube videos during lockdown is not helping.

We found out about Escape a couple of weeks ago and we both fell in love it. We're considering the 5.0, preferably a used one, so we're watching the for sale forum like hawks.

Look forward to being part of this community!
Angela
AuJusCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 04:05 PM   #2

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Welcome

I am a little biased, the Escape 5.0TA is the best RV under $100k in my opinion. I only believe this because I owned 2 tent trailers, 2 big travel trailers, a 1977 Trillium which is fiberglass, a 2007 Escape 17B and now a new Escape 19. The first 2 had little things to constantly fix. The 3rd was totally rotten but on a nice lakefront lot, the 4th trailer had a slide that leaked as soon as we bought it. The Fiberglass trailers I was really happy with.

We would have bought the Escape 5.0TA but we couldn't give up the truck bed. My son prefers to sleep there undisturbed when he can. If I bought anything else, it would be a Class A.
Old 08-18-2020, 05:42 PM   #3

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
I completely agree with Doug. Best camper ever.
Welcome!
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 09:34 PM   #4

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21
I really like the idea of a 5.0, but we're towing with an SUV and didn't want to be locked into full size pickup ownership for the life of the trailer. We went with a 21C for that reason.

I've got family members who swear they will never go back to anything else but a fifth wheel (said family members will also always have a pickup regardless of trailer ownership and think I am crazy for towing with anything less than an F250)

In any event, I think there are significant stability advantages and handling / maneuvering advantages in the 5.0 over the 21C we have. That said, we're really happy with our 21C, just as the 5.0 owners are with their rigs.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the Escape models.
cityofdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 09:38 PM   #5

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug2000 View Post
Welcome

I am a little biased, the Escape 5.0TA is the best RV under $100k in my opinion. I only believe this because I owned 2 tent trailers, 2 big travel trailers, a 1977 Trillium which is fiberglass, a 2007 Escape 17B and now a new Escape 19. The first 2 had little things to constantly fix. The 3rd was totally rotten but on a nice lakefront lot, the 4th trailer had a slide that leaked as soon as we bought it. The Fiberglass trailers I was really happy with.

We would have bought the Escape 5.0TA but we couldn't give up the truck bed. My son prefers to sleep there undisturbed when he can. If I bought anything else, it would be a Class A.
Been there Doug and, trust me, you don't need the Class A Grief! ETI 5.0TA forever!
PM15283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 09:56 PM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
I completely agree with Doug. Best camper ever.
Welcome!
Hi: UncleTim... Also what I've been saying all along. You can't beat 'em with a stick!!! Well you could but that'd be cruel.
Here's a pic just back from the SPA!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1050271.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 10:03 PM   #7

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
We're not doing this again!

Are we? She looks shiny!

Did she get a make-over? Is she a she?
Attached Thumbnails
Camping at home.jpg  
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 03:22 AM   #8

Trailer: 2016/ 5TA Spirit Bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuJusCo View Post
Hi everyone,
My husband and I currently don't have any RVs but are very interested in getting one. The pandemic has us re-think how to vacation and watching all those RV YouTube videos during lockdown is not helping.

We found out about Escape a couple of weeks ago and we both fell in love it. We're considering the 5.0, preferably a used one, so we're watching the for sale forum like hawks.

Look forward to being part of this community!
Angela
We take our 5 TA and ToyotaTundra down to Arizona every winter. Beautiful State you have there. Strongly recommend the 5. Easy to tow, no sway and it essentially has two living areas. Quality of the Escape camper for the money can’t be beat. You can’t go wrong with anything in their line up.
Mark James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 07:48 AM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
She?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
We're not doing this again!

Are we? She looks shiny!

Did she get a make-over? Is she a she?
Hi: UncleTim... OK!!! We're not doing this again. Are we?
Because she sits out in full sun I take her to a pro finisher. My waxing days are waning!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 10:51 AM   #10

Winter in AZ and summer in BC sounds like a perfect life! I'm glad to hear all the glowing endorsements of the 5 TA. Really look forward to getting ours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark James View Post
We take our 5 TA and ToyotaTundra down to Arizona every winter. Beautiful State you have there. Strongly recommend the 5. Easy to tow, no sway and it essentially has two living areas. Quality of the Escape camper for the money can’t be beat. You can’t go wrong with anything in their line up.
Old 09-01-2020, 10:57 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM15283 View Post
Been there Doug and, trust me, you don't need the Class A Grief! ETI 5.0TA forever!

Hi neighbor,
Glad to hear you're loving your 5.0 TA! We'd love to see it in person if you're up for it (and once the whole COVID thing calms down).
Old 09-01-2020, 11:16 AM   #12

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Welcome! We ordered the 21C and are looking forward to receiving it in February 2021. I think the new 5.0 is out to May or June so hopefully you have luck finding a used one. Maybe this winter but you'll have to jump quick, maybe sight unseen.

Good Luck, Jimmy
uthorns is offline   Reply With Quote