Newbie here + Any tall people here? + Sacramento - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-17-2020, 10:30 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: sacramento, California
Trailer: Future 21n1
Posts: 3
Question Newbie here + Any tall people here? + Sacramento

Hey all. Newbie here. We've been eyeing the 21NE, but haven't actually seen one in person.

I'm 6'4.5". I'm scared i'll be cramped with a 6'3" ceiling. Any other tall people here with an Escape? Or did they all run to other brands so they don't break their necks?

Yes yes, I've seen the comment "cars are not 6'5" tall and you fit in there just fine". While it's true, that logic if flawed: i'm sitting, not cooking or showering in the car.

Also. Anyone in Sacramento has any model Escape, other than the 5th wheel, that I can come stand in? I promise to be covid safe as I'm very covid paranoid. I'll sanitize my hands and wear a mask. :-)

Thanks
__________________

TazzyTazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 06:19 AM   #2
Site Team
 
padlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southwick, Massachusetts
Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Posts: 6,963
Ceiling height is one of the reasons I went with the fifth wheel.
__________________

__________________
Happy Motoring
Bob
padlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 06:41 AM   #3
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central, Pennsylvania
Trailer: Escape#4, 2019 Escape21 DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 23,034
Some tall people sit in the shower....height and weight is your enemy while towing, so there are tradeoffs to be made.
__________________
Jim
What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals....
Goethe
cpaharley2008 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 07:20 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
75thRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Sarita, Texas
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzyTazzy View Post
Hey all. Newbie here. We've been eyeing the 21NE, but haven't actually seen one in person.

I'm 6'4.5". I'm scared i'll be cramped with a 6'3" ceiling. Any other tall people here with an Escape? Or did they all run to other brands so they don't break their necks?

Yes yes, I've seen the comment "cars are not 6'5" tall and you fit in there just fine". While it's true, that logic if flawed: i'm sitting, not cooking or showering in the car.

Also. Anyone in Sacramento has any model Escape, other than the 5th wheel, that I can come stand in? I promise to be covid safe as I'm very covid paranoid. I'll sanitize my hands and wear a mask. :-)

Thanks
I'm 6'4" and am pleased with my 21. The bath/shower is tight but it's tight for anyone in there. If you're like me you are long accustomed to watching for 'headaches'.
__________________
How do you think the 'Unthinkable"?
75thRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 08:03 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
escape artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Thomas not BVI., Ontario
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Posts: 6,825
Phobia!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Ceiling height is one of the reasons I went with the fifth wheel.
Hi: padlin... Me too, and I'm only 5'8" and shrinking. With 7' at the foot of the stairs down to 6'2" over the dinette there's no clause for phobia in there!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
__________________
Quote Bugs Bunny..."Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it ALIVE"!!!
'16 Ram Eco D. 4X4 Laramie Longhorn CC & '14 Escape 5.0TA
St.Thomas (Not the Virgin Islands) Ontario
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 10:26 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Iowa Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Benton County, Iowa
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Posts: 5,577
Wording

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: padlin... Me too, and I'm only 5'8" and shrinking. With 7' at the foot of the stairs down to 6'2" over the dinette there's no clause for phobia in there!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
I got that Alf.

I was fishing one morning years ago when an old guy, must have been 70, wandered over to talk to me. He said he was out walking due to doctors orders. He’d had a heart attack and surgery and was on the road to recovery. To emphasize the seriousness of his illness, he said “I was in expensive care for 11 days”.

We had a little snow last night, Roofs are white yet so it’s the end of the now politically changed “Native American Summer.”

Have a great day and break out another blanket you’ll need it soon. Wish I was at Betty’s for brunch, love that salmon.
Iowa Dave
__________________
Strike while the iron is hot. Live every day as if it were your last and one day you will be right.
Dave
Iowa Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 11:35 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
escape artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Thomas not BVI., Ontario
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Posts: 6,825
Cleveland Indys?

Hi: Iowa Dave... Closet phobia as opposed to clause for phobia!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
__________________
Quote Bugs Bunny..."Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it ALIVE"!!!
'16 Ram Eco D. 4X4 Laramie Longhorn CC & '14 Escape 5.0TA
St.Thomas (Not the Virgin Islands) Ontario
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 01:05 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Doug2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: London, Ontario
Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Posts: 626
I would definitely be looking at the Escape 5.0TA.
__________________
2020 Escape 19, AKA The Escape Pod 2
Trailer #6 was a 2007 Escape 17B
2019 Toyota Tundra 4.6L 4X4 DC
Following TravellingRobert on Youtube
Doug2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 07:33 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
marsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Trailer: Owner of 2019 5.0 TA
Posts: 112
Tazzy, we own a 5TA. I am 6'3" tall. We liked the 21 ft Escape but my head was brushing the ceiling on the inside. I have lots of room overhead in my 5th wheel and I love it; feels airy and roomy! Also the full queen bed and loft space are huge and I like the room for sleeping. I fit quite well in the washroom as well with a bit of extra headroom so that's passable.
marsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 09:16 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Greeneville, Tennessee
Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I got that Alf.

I was fishing one morning years ago when an old guy, must have been 70, wandered over to talk to me. He said he was out walking due to doctors orders. He’d had a heart attack and surgery and was on the road to recovery. To emphasize the seriousness of his illness, he said “I was in expensive care for 11 days”.

We had a little snow last night, Roofs are white yet so it’s the end of the now politically changed “Native American Summer.”

Have a great day and break out another blanket you’ll need it soon. Wish I was at Betty’s for brunch, love that salmon.
Iowa Dave
When I was in the hospital last week one of the nurses stopped at the door on her way out of the room said "I don't believe you are 80". She came back towards me and said "I'm going to go check". Best compliment I've had in a while.

Tom
Tom&Joan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 10:56 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: sacramento, California
Trailer: Future 21n1
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsman View Post
Tazzy, we own a 5TA. I am 6'3" tall. We liked the 21 ft Escape but my head was brushing the ceiling on the inside. I have lots of room overhead in my 5th wheel and I love it; feels airy and roomy! Also the full queen bed and loft space are huge and I like the room for sleeping. I fit quite well in the washroom as well with a bit of extra headroom so that's passable.
We don't have a pickup truck and don't plan to replace our 2 week old Kia Telluride with one. So, stuck with a travel trailer.

Hopefully we can find any 6'3" height Escape to poke our heads into around Sacramento/SF/Reno/Etc.
__________________

TazzyTazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
#tallpeopleproblems, sacramento

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×