No longer lurking - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2020, 12:56 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
No longer lurking

Hello all - I've been lurking on this forum since 2012 and decided to finally show myself.

My wife, Mary, and I are both life-long campers, and the vast majority of our vacation time is spent camping here in the Pacific Northwest, usually on the coast or up in the Cascades. Years ago, our young family of four learned to camp using only what we could pack in and on a Plymouth Horizon (VW Rabbit clone) and found that, often, less is more. Around 2011, after we had become empty nesters, we (read Mary) decided that our sleep-on-the-ground tent camping days needed to come to an end. I started looking for small, simple trailers, and came upon fiberglass eggs, and Escape. I did talk seriously to one lady selling her 15B, and shared emails with Reace about a modified 17A, but couldn't find the courage to shell out the $$. I ended up buying a Jumping Jack tent trailer, which is as basic as can be, but it got us off the ground and into top quality canvas. I also bought a good shower tent, a tankless hot water shower, a PortaPotti, and a Pelican cooler to assuage Mary’s desire for more creature comforts. We had moved up to deluxe camping!

But now we are finally ready to pry open my wallet andmake the jump to luxury camping by purchasing an Escape. Ironically, one of my brothers had been searching for a small, good quality trailer and last September I got him to look at Escape. He and his wife perused the website, drove up to Chilliwack, took a look, and dropped a deposit on a 19. He took delivery in December. So my brother has shamed me, and Mary won't let me off the hook…

Sherman

(Yes, I am often this wordy, so you may want to skip by any further posts from me if you don't have 5 minutes to spend.)
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 01:02 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
We went from tent to Burro, to Scamp, and finally, to Escape. Welcome, and go for it!
Old 05-05-2020, 01:05 PM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Welcome to the Escape Forum Sherman... and Mary. IF you're interested in a very nice used Escape 19, you won't find one much closer to you than this one: https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...0-a-17581.html

Good luck on your egg hunt!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 03:09 PM   #4

Thanks for the welcome, Myron and Donna. You will probably never hear from Mary on the forum, she dislikes my endlessly researching things - she the doer in the family. I've seen that 19 is for sale, but I'm not sure that's what I want, although it is a great price. I did talk to a guy in Sherwood about a 21- he was about 6 miles away, but he sold it less than 18 hours after listing it.
Old 05-05-2020, 03:44 PM   #5

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Welcome Sherminator. May you soon be planning escapes n joining the modifying club
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 04:21 PM   #6

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Hi Sherman
You dont know what wordy is till you meet some people on this forum. Welcome
Iowa Dave (shortest post ever)
Old 05-05-2020, 04:49 PM   #7

Hello Dave - I've been lurking and reading here for almost 8 years, so I have some knowledge of what goes on here. I can keep up with some of you.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:46 PM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Hi Sherm- looks like you have the right TV for any Escape. Trust your instincts and hopefully buy the right size the first time!
Old 05-06-2020, 02:00 AM   #9

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Welcome

Escape Travel Trailers, a good investment!
Old 05-06-2020, 10:32 AM   #10

Trailer: 2017 50 TA, 2016 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost
Welcome!
When I first mentioned camping to my wife the response “Sleeping on the ground! You’re on your own!” Then we got a B class camper and it changed her mind. It worked out good until we saw an Escape 5.0TA at a camp site and we had to have 1. In 2017 it happened and we’ve been loving it ever since. Very easy to tow, small enough to fit most camp sites yet big enough to stay comfortable even if it rains for a week .
Think whatever model you choose you can’t go wrong.
Chotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 12:13 PM   #11

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Views

And looks good with the Niagara River in the background. Hoping we get
To go to the Falls by mid September.
Iowa Dave