Picked up our 19' 19 yesterday 4/16/20 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2020, 10:42 AM   #1

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Picked up our 19' 19 yesterday 4/16/20

Just wanted to report a safe and trouble free pickup yesterday in Sumas of our 2019 19'.

We are the Seattle area and figured we could reasonably practice good social distancing, albeit with some guilt about this technically non-essential travel to the border.

It was pretty nice to cruise down I-5 at the time formally known as "Rush Hour" with very light traffic.

We have a new tow vehicle: 2020 Toyota Tacoma and I wasn't sure what to expect in terms of feel on the road. I would say it felt solid and safe, but fully aware of the trailer back there...maybe should have gone for a 1/2 ton truck. I'm used to towing a small boat, so might just be my inexperience with a bigger load and I will get used to it.
adrianp12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 01:18 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19

Now you can start your modifications at home rather than in your mind and be ready for when camping starts up again.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 06:49 PM   #3

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianp12 View Post
Just wanted to report a safe and trouble free pickup yesterday in Sumas of our 2019 19'.

We are the Seattle area and figured we could reasonably practice good social distancing, albeit with some guilt about this technically non-essential travel to the border.

It was pretty nice to cruise down I-5 at the time formally known as "Rush Hour" with very light traffic.

We have a new tow vehicle: 2020 Toyota Tacoma and I wasn't sure what to expect in terms of feel on the road. I would say it felt solid and safe, but fully aware of the trailer back there...maybe should have gone for a 1/2 ton truck. I'm used to towing a small boat, so might just be my inexperience with a bigger load and I will get used to it.

Good luck with the trailer. Please update your profile to reflect a 19. It says 17. This will help if anyone is trying to assist you with a trailer related issue and you don't mention the trailer type directly in your post.
Old 04-16-2020, 11:30 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Good luck with the trailer. Please update your profile to reflect a 19. It says 17. This will help if anyone is trying to assist you with a trailer related issue and you don't mention the trailer type directly in your post.
Done, thanks!
Old 04-17-2020, 12:25 AM   #5

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:

Congrats on both the truck and the trailer! We are just down the road a piece in Bremerton. I used the have a E19’ pulled by a 2016 Tacoma. Welcome to the neighborhood!
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 01:25 AM   #6

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Congratulations, ours has been sitting long enough were paying for storage.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:51 PM   #7

Trailer: 2020, Escape
Quote:

Congratulations!
We are driving from the Central Vally in CA to pick up our 19' in Sumas next Friday (May 1). I used to have a very simple 13' trailer but I don't have any experience with Escape or other "real" camping trailer. I am wondering if you can give us some advice for our pick-up. I am a little nervous about hitching process, particularly with the E2 FastWay Sway control. How easy was it? Is there any video that I can watch for this process. Also, what type of tools do we need to bring? Sharon at ETI told me that the delivery drivers are not insured to hitch my trailer to my vehicle and so we are wondering if we have to bring tools for hitching. My tow vehicle is Honda Pilot.
ckang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 12:03 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckang1 View Post
Congratulations!
We are driving from the Central Vally in CA to pick up our 19' in Sumas next Friday (May 1). I used to have a very simple 13' trailer but I don't have any experience with Escape or other "real" camping trailer. I am wondering if you can give us some advice for our pick-up.
Hmmm...you might consider taking 405 and bypassing Seattle depending what time of day. I find towing through downtown a big pain. I also recommend some ice cream across from Bob's in Sumas.

Quote:
I am a little nervous about hitching process, particularly with the E2 FastWay Sway control. How easy was it? Is there any video that I can watch for this process. Also, what type of tools do we need to bring?
I was also a little nervous about this but it was super easy. There are a couple of videos from Fastway Trailers that show you everything, but mostly just reference because all you need to do is lower the trailer onto the hitch, Escape does the rest.

Quote:
Sharon at ETI told me that the delivery drivers are not insured to hitch my trailer to my vehicle and so we are wondering if we have to bring tools for hitching. My tow vehicle is Honda Pilot.
No tools for hitching that I needed, however you will want a giant torque wrench, extender, and sockets (13/18" I think...) for the lug nuts. Read about that here:

https://escapetrailer.com/wp-content...ersManual1.pdf

Enjoy!
Old 04-25-2020, 01:35 AM   #9

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Quote:
Congratulations!
We are driving from the Central Vally in CA to pick up our 19' in Sumas next Friday (May 1). I used to have a very simple 13' trailer but I don't have any experience with Escape or other "real" camping trailer. I am wondering if you can give us some advice for our pick-up. I am a little nervous about hitching process, particularly with the E2 FastWay Sway control. How easy was it? Is there any video that I can watch for this process. Also, what type of tools do we need to bring? Sharon at ETI told me that the delivery drivers are not insured to hitch my trailer to my vehicle and so we are wondering if we have to bring tools for hitching. My tow vehicle is Honda Pilot.
I would bring grease for the hitch ball, a substantial hammer and a pry bar. Ours was stuck on the ball when I tried to unhitch for the first time.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 03:52 PM   #10

Trailer: 2020, Escape
Thank you so much! I feel much better now.
ckang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 04:01 PM   #11

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
I would bring grease for the hitch ball, a substantial hammer and a pry bar. Ours was stuck on the ball when I tried to unhitch for the first time.

If you had simple pulled forward six inches, stopped, put the vehicle in neutral and then applied the hand brake, you likely would have found it easy to unhitch.