Planning an Escape 21 - Appreciate any recommendation's for options - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-28-2021, 09:01 AM   #1

Trailer: Placed deposit on 21 NE
Planning an Escape 21 - Appreciate any recommendation's for options

Hello, I am a Canadian living in Ithaca NY with my wife Maricelis, we travel back and forth between Canada and the US for my family and business.

I am planning to semi-retire soon, and the RV is a retirement gift to ourselves - we LOVE camping and our pack canoes. We really enjoy travelling together, and have been blessed to see a lot of the world, but not anywhere enough of the beauty of North America. Recently having moved to upstate NY we have LOVED glamping in the Adirondaks and want to step it up. We also look forward when the pandemic is behind us in enjoying our young grandchildren on trips.

We would appreciate any tips, suggestions or recommendations about the purchase process, and in particular great options/modifications for the design phase. We plan to do some winter camping as well.

We have a new Toyota 4 Runner but will swap that in a couple of years for a truck. We hope to get delivery late fall or spring 2022. We were thinking of the new 23 but have settled on the 21Classic.

Thanks Heaps!

Dennis and Maricelis
dennis.gray@backyardbrands.com
DennisJGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 10:20 AM   #2

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisJGray View Post
Hello, I am a Canadian living in Ithaca NY with my wife Maricelis, we travel back and forth between Canada and the US for my family and business.

I am planning to semi-retire soon, and the RV is a retirement gift to ourselves - we LOVE camping and our pack canoes. We really enjoy travelling together, and have been blessed to see a lot of the world, but not anywhere enough of the beauty of North America. Recently having moved to upstate NY we have LOVED glamping in the Adirondaks and want to step it up. We also look forward when the pandemic is behind us in enjoying our young grandchildren on trips.

We would appreciate any tips, suggestions or recommendations about the purchase process, and in particular great options/modifications for the design phase. We plan to do some winter camping as well.

We have a new Toyota 4 Runner but will swap that in a couple of years for a truck. We hope to get delivery late fall or spring 2022. We were thinking of the new 23 but have settled on the 21Classic.

Thanks Heaps!

Dennis and Maricelis
If you are looking for a spring 2022 delivery you are already too late getting your deposit in. Even with their increase production plan you would be booked out at late 2022 or spring 2023.

As far as options go everyone’s camping style is different and the options chosen usually are based on that style. There is a search feature on the form and that is where I get a lot of information on specific topics that most likely have been posted about already.
Building your Escape is one of the fun parts and also one of the most frustrating.I always say get all the options you can afford because a lot can’t be added after the build.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 03:32 PM   #3

Trailer: 10/20/21 completion 21NE
Hey Dennis - I'm in Corning and have a 21NE hopefully coming this fall in October (depending on how the production ramp up goes). Good luck & let's catch up later this year when I have it here. I visited a 21C up near Oswego - really nice fella on this forum allowed us to spend a few hours with him & was incredibly informative.
meekhotglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 04:07 PM   #4

Hi There, thanks for reaching out - HOW EXCITED you must be! We are interested in either the 21 or 23 BUT if we are going to have to wait two years, we would go with the 23. It would be wonderful if when yours comes in Maricelis and i could drop by and take a look. Thank-you!

Dennis and Maricelis
396 Bald Hill Road, Danby, NY
607-279-8985
Old 02-28-2021, 06:38 PM   #5

Well, we put a deposit down on a 21NE

Hi Eric;

Well after talking about it for a LONG time we finally decided to pull the trigger and make a deposit - so we did on a 21NE. - probably for late 2022 or early 23 delivery.

Exciting,

Thanks.

Dennis