Planning on taking the plunge ... - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2013, 08:28 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Planning on taking the plunge ...

Moved to the PNW a couple of years ago and have become so overwhelmed by the natural beauty that I soon started looking at TT's to allow me to see it on my own terms and time frame. Didn't take long to rule out the "boxes" and soon discovered Escape as the high-quality/cost-effective choice. Have spent many hours trying to find a better cost/performance product but it simply ain't out there. Many things have impressed me, most notably the "family business" nature of Tammy and Reace's operation; who wouldn't want to support that business relationship? We're only 3.5 hours from Chilliwack so will plan a site visit in May or June. Planning on a 19' and praying the November - February discount will be in effect. You all are either a.) on the payroll; b.) drinking the Kool-Aide; or, c.) genuinely impressed with the product and service. (I'm inclined to think "c", for what it's worth.). It'll be a while, but we look forward to the whole experience!
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Mostly "c", with just a little "b" thrown in, and just wishing it was some "a" as well.

Welcome to the fold. I think you have made a wise decision, quite similar to the reasoning of many others here.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:22 PM   #3

Put down the deposit this morning and scheduled a meeting with Reace for a couple of weeks from now. We're off to the races! Usually, I'd make some quip about now where I ask for everyone to wish me luck. But, every contributor to this forum has raised my confidence to a point that I'm certain the outcome will exceed my already lofty expectations. Thanks, everyone!
Old 03-18-2013, 07:32 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Excellent!
Old 03-18-2013, 07:47 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Congrats!
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #6

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH

Great choice! And your roll-out date will come all too soon. Trust me (mine went into production today).
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:58 PM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Put down the deposit this morning and scheduled a meeting with Reace for a couple of weeks from now. We're off to the races! Usually, I'd make some quip about now where I ask for everyone to wish me luck. But, every contributor to this forum has raised my confidence to a point that I'm certain the outcome will exceed my already lofty expectations. Thanks, everyone!
Hi: Zardoz... I didn't influence your decision at all...did I?
Congratulations you won't be dissapointed. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:51 PM   #8

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
A great pick! Now the fun with the options.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #9

You mean in your part-time gig as, "Associate Marketing Director," Alf? Nah, not at all. Passed on the 5.0 because of the short bed in the Frontier (only 20" from rear glass to axle) even though the website has a photo of "my" truck hitched up to a 5.0. Nice thing is that there's no such thing as a "wrong decision" with Escape!
Old 03-31-2013, 06:52 PM   #10

Convinced!

My wife and I spent a little over two hours with Reace yesterday at the Escape facilities in Chilliwack going over options and learning all about the 19 we ordered for a June delivery. First of all, seeing Chilliwack was quite a treat. It's a beautiful small to medium sized town with an obviously agricultural foundation in a valley surrounded by gorgeous mountain peaks. We stayed at the Best Western which, while not a Four Seasons, is clean, quiet and staffed friendly folks. Best of all, it's .2 miles from the Escape facility making it a short walk or an embarrassingly short drive. Had dinner at a place called, "Bravos" which was excellent (and very pricey - but not out of line with quality of the food and service). We poked around all the various models while Reace was wrapping up a phone call and following are my thoughts and observations on our decision to order an Escape product:

1. The exterior and more importantly, the interior fit and finish is immaculately executed. I'm a hyper, Type A handy-person and I know perfection when I see it. While my wife was trying out the bed and bathroom (hey, those things are important!) I was looking for variances in gaps between cabinets and walls, distances between linoleum and trim INSIDE the storage areas, and looking under the dinette seats to see how we'll things like plumbing and wiring were placed and trimmed-out. "Neat and tidy" doesn't do their work justice. The best example of "going above and beyond" was that all of the edges of the plywood panels under the seats of the dinettes were chamfered (obviously using a hand sander). Not at all necessary but very thoughtful if a child was to open it and spared a splinter because somebody spent an extra 5 minutes, "doing it right."

2. Reace spent as much time trying to either trying to understand what the heck I was asking about (I am the novice's novice when it comes to trailers) or talking me out of buying options (larger fridge, solar panel, twin 6v's, etc) that wouldn't serve my immediate needs. When was the last time that happened to you at a car dealership?

3 . Great product, a willingness to help you learn enough to enjoy it (and grow into it) and a business model you are proud to support with your hard-earned money.

Mary and I are so confident that we made the right choice that we wanted to share our experience with other folks just like us that who are, frankly, uniformed shoppers swimming in shark infests waters. Our conclusion: Escape Industries are makers of top-notch products whose business model is not making a quick buck, but rather keeping their customers happy. And if you ever have an issue, you can deal face-to-face with the CEO.

I'm so convinced that we made the right choice that I've just spent fifteen minutes typing this note in order to promote their business! Go figure ...
Old 03-31-2013, 07:14 PM   #11

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
My wife and I spent a little over two hours with Reace yesterday at the Escape facilities in Chilliwack going over options and learning all about the 19 we ordered for a June delivery. First of all, seeing Chilliwack was quite a treat. It's a beautiful small to medium sized town with an obviously agricultural foundation in a valley surrounded by gorgeous mountain peaks. We stayed at the Best Western which, while not a Four Seasons, is clean, quiet and staffed friendly folks. Best of all, it's .2 miles from the Escape facility making it a short walk or an embarrassingly short drive. Had dinner at a place called, "Bravos" which was excellent (and very pricey - but not out of line with quality of the food and service). We poked around all the various models while Reace was wrapping up a phone call and following are my thoughts and observations on our decision to order an Escape product:

1. The exterior and more importantly, the interior fit and finish is immaculately executed. I'm a hyper, Type A handy-person and I know perfection when I see it. While my wife was trying out the bed and bathroom (hey, those things are important!) I was looking for variances in gaps between cabinets and walls, distances between linoleum and trim INSIDE the storage areas, and looking under the dinette seats to see how we'll things like plumbing and wiring were placed and trimmed-out. "Neat and tidy" doesn't do their work justice. The best example of "going above and beyond" was that all of the edges of the plywood panels under the seats of the dinettes were chamfered (obviously using a hand sander). Not at all necessary but very thoughtful if a child was to open it and spared a splinter because somebody spent an extra 5 minutes, "doing it right."

2. Reace spent as much time trying to either trying to understand what the heck I was asking about (I am the novice's novice when it comes to trailers) or talking me out of buying options (larger fridge, solar panel, twin 6v's, etc) that wouldn't serve my immediate needs. When was the last time that happened to you at a car dealership?

3 . Great product, a willingness to help you learn enough to enjoy it (and grow into it) and a business model you are proud to support with your hard-earned money.

Mary and I are so confident that we made the right choice that we wanted to share our experience with other folks just like us that who are, frankly, uniformed shoppers swimming in shark infests waters. Our conclusion: Escape Industries are makers of top-notch products whose business model is not making a quick buck, but rather keeping their customers happy. And if you ever have an issue, you can deal face-to-face with the CEO.

I'm so convinced that we made the right choice that I've just spent fifteen minutes typing this note in order to promote their business! Go figure ...
My thoughts are very similar to yours. It is a great product produced by an awesome team.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:20 PM   #12

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
So what happened to the November -February discount and pick up next spring vs this June this summer?
Old 03-31-2013, 07:39 PM   #13

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
I must say I have NEVER seen anyone with Reace's patience...
Oh and Tammy"s too (for putting up with Eileen & me, mostly me)
Old 03-31-2013, 08:22 PM   #14

Fair question, Jim. After some thought. My answer is: 1.) Late June; 2.) July; 3.) August; 4.) September; and, 5.) October. Hey, life's short and IRA's are for fulfilling dreams, aren't they?
Old 04-01-2013, 09:55 AM   #15

Good attitude, since retiring my goal is to spend 100% of my retirement check every month.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:01 AM   #16

My first financial advisor told me that his goal for us was to make sure that the last check we wrote before we died bounced! Sage advise.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:41 AM   #17

and what did your "last" financial advisor tell you, forget what the first one said?
Old 04-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #18

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
Hey Zardoz and cpaharley2008, best you don't let your kids know your intentions. lol. You may just need them! :
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #19

Talking

Took care of that issue 26 years ago ... we don't have any kids.