Possible future Escapee - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-18-2018, 02:24 PM   #41
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
note on the 3 burner stovetop, the middle/front burner is considerably higher BTU than the two back burners. this is not obvious, they all look the same superficially, but on high, the middle one has bigger flames.

John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 02:38 PM   #42

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
note on the 3 burner stovetop, the middle/front burner is considerably higher BTU than the two back burners. this is not obvious, they all look the same superficially, but on high, the middle one has bigger flames.

From my research when helping a forum member determine 50% of trailer BTU load for propane regulator adjustment to help refrigerator I noted the Atwood RV1735BBPU stove/oven combo stove burners are 9,000 BTUH for the large front burner and 6,500 BTUH for the two small rear burners
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:43 PM   #43

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
The 3-burner stove/oven combo is the same as what we have in our Springdale. We bring along an outdoor stove and do a lot of cooking outside. So, a 2-burner stove gives us just that much more counter space. Life is full of give-and-take.
mconrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 05:12 PM   #44
Site Team

with the oven, 2 burners wouldn't be any less counter space than 3 as its all one unit.
Old 10-18-2018, 11:24 PM   #45

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
You can't go wrong with the Escape. I just upsized from a 19 to a 21. Besides the quality of the trailer, and the lower maintenance cost, the resale value is very good. I sold my 19 in less than an hour at very close to what I paid for it. I'm a very satisfied and enthusiastic Escape Owner. I might also add that the customer service is second to none.
papasm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 06:28 AM   #46

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
More Kool-Aid.......!
Old 10-19-2018, 09:27 AM   #47

New Question: I notice a lot of people on this forum are on their second or third Escape. A few seem to be size changes such as papasm2 while others are not. Given that Escape trailers last so long with minimal maintenance and haven't changed much over the years, why are you selling and buying anew?
Old 10-19-2018, 09:38 AM   #48

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
My reason for going from a 17 to a 21 was because I wanted an oven, a built in microwave, and a full time bed. I loved the 17, but while I used to spend 20K miles a year traveling, I now have settled down to about 10K, spending more time in one place. The larger trailer is a bit more comfortable for long stays.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:39 AM   #49

Trailer: Escape 19
If I were to update, I would for more room in 21 and 5, and the newer features like the awning windows. But right now I can’t see spending the money as my 19 is great as it is and my Ridgeline tows it just fine!

"Not all those who wander are lost.." JRR Tolkien
56reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:46 AM   #50

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
We started with a first generation 17B, and the main reason we switched to a second generation 19 was to get the permanent queen bed. Also an oven, which isn’t available in a 17, slightly bigger bathroom, dual axles, and room to sleep five adults. And with the 2G we were very pleased to also get a larger Americana class fridge, frameless windows and electric awning. Happy with everything.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:03 AM   #51

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
At one point in time a 17 footer served our needs , wants , and budget
Our needs , wants and budget changed so we switched to a 21
Whether this was a wise decision only time will tell .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:03 AM   #52

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by mconrath View Post
New Question: I notice a lot of people on this forum are on their second or third Escape. A few seem to be size changes such as papasm2 while others are not. Given that Escape trailers last so long with minimal maintenance and haven't changed much over the years, why are you selling and buying anew?
Upgrading to a different size is one of them. Also with all the options offered by ETI, some opt for selling their previous one and ordering new with everything they desire. Since the resale value is good, buying new won’t hit their wallets too much.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:11 AM   #53

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
EDIT: I see this is my 100th post!

In the last 13? years we've had a 16' Scamp, 17' Casita, and then in the past couple of years tried a 24' Cougar, 25RB Bigfoot, and a 1995 Lance. I'll not get into the Cougar or Lance, except to say a slide knocks you out of many sites, but wished we hadn't sold the Bigfoot. Before these we had a 26' Jayco Eagle 5th wheel and liked the way it towed, so we're familiar with a 5th wheel.

I joined this forum in 2015 and have been reading it every week. We were always the happiest in a fiberglass camper. We originally were going to buy a 21 Escape, but after looking at a newer 5.0 TA we changed our order. Next Thursday we have orientation and then Friday it crosses the border.

We love to trike (ICE trikes) and our dilemma was it looked as though one of the trikes would have to ride on a rack in the back of the 5.0. On Wednesday I installed the Andersen hitch (rail version, not gooseneck) and found both our trikes will ride in the bed with the 5.0 hooked up. Now we're in heaven!

We'd like to think this will be our camper until we move into the home.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 10-19-2018, 11:35 AM   #54

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
My propane tanks needed to be refilled......
Old 10-19-2018, 12:24 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
My propane tanks needed to be refilled......
Old 10-19-2018, 01:02 PM   #56

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
why a 17 or 21

During our 55 years we have tried so many RV's that I have trouble remembering them or the reason to change. We did have two kids during that time and I'm sure that was a factor. Now we find ourselves in the very senior group and looking for things to be easier so the smallest current model is for us and we find that the 17 is fine as we are packing for a two week, six stop trip and we have to teach a new dog how to travel.
Jack, Nancy and Murphy
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 06:33 PM   #57

Trailer: Getting ready to order a 5.0
Hi there, My husband and I were in Chilliwack ordering our 5.0. We are down to the final few decisions. One of them is about the oven. Do we need it or just a toaster oven? Or....Do we just get a cooktop and then add a convection microwave below? We live in the northwest and may do some dry camping so would we want the propane option of the oven? Decisions, decisions! Do you have any thoughts?
Spwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 06:46 PM   #58

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
I moved up to the 21 for several reasons. I like the bed layout much better, the larger refrigerator, more storage underneath, and more overhead cabinet space.
Also, when I stepped up in size, I knew what options I wanted. When I ordered the 19, I didn't order a lot of options, that I later added. Some were third party additions and some Escape. I ended up paying more in the long ruin.
papasm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 06:46 PM   #59
Site Team

a toaster oven is electric only. do you expect to find yourself dry camping with any regularity ? I go to star parties, music festivals, etc where we have no hookups. We haven't used the microwave yet, but we use the propane oven on our 21 all the time, baking pre-made frozen casseroles, pizza bread things, etc. in fact so far, we've cooked more meals with the oven than the stovetop, the stovetop has mostly gotten used to boil water for coffee, and to heat canned soups/chilis when I'm in bachelor mode (said multinight star parties, my wife finds pretty boring so often stays home).
Old 10-19-2018, 07:30 PM   #60

Trailer: 2011 19'
Quote:
we use the propane oven on our 21 all the time, baking pre-made frozen casseroles, pizza bread things, etc. .
And after 2 years we have never used our oven. It will depend on your personal preferences whether or not you want an oven. We use the instant pot quite a bit.

My Blog; https://lenanddian.blogspot.com
Old Fulica is offline   Reply With Quote