Possible new buyer - Page 10 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2020, 09:04 PM   #181

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
If ur an Escapees member you get the Battleborn Batteries for $874 ea currently. Worth the membership fee if upgrading batteries, not to mention all the other perks.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:36 PM   #182

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
If ur an Escapees member you get the Battleborn Batteries for $874 ea currently. Worth the membership fee if upgrading batteries, not to mention all the other perks.
That seems like a very good deal. Thanks for sharing!
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 06:06 PM   #183

I have been missing from the forum - trying to squirrel away enough pennies to buy the new 2021 Escape 5.0. I reached $2000 deposit required to book a slot. So, just made the deposit for a May 2021 delivery - as per our plan. We have until January or even later to finalize the build, so will take time to do that, which means asking more questions here.

Some of the new options have become available.
  • Some are really positive - e.g. Lagun table mount.
  • Others are mixed - only one Lithium battery with, what appears to be a significant markup. Not even worried about the markup but don't like the only one part.
  • Other is disappointing. I definitely wanted the compressor fridge. Will seek advice here and go aftermarket for that but would be happier if Escape could offer that option.
There is a thread going on the 2021 Escape options. So, will try to follow that. But, I wanted to share the news here - as the community here made the biggest difference in making it easy to order. And, we are not as concerned about coming process of finalizing the build due to the very knowledgeable and helpful folks here. So, many many thanks!
Old 08-21-2020, 07:48 PM   #184

Trailer: 2010 Prolite Mini
Worth taking time to watch the ETI from Aug 19 at https://youtu.be/_LGus1EAD78.

They were caught by surprise with the speed of sales of all remaining 2020 construction slots so wanted to get pricing out to give 2021 customers enough indication to book a 2021 slot.

I think we’ll see more concrete details of the options specifications, new colour schemes etc in the coming weeks in plenty of time to finalize build sheets. For example, A single Lithium battery may be acceptable if it’s big enough.

I will be very interested to see how your build sheet evolves!!
camp4528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 08:05 PM   #185

Thank you for the link! Plan to watch it over this weekend.

You are totally right about the speed of sales. They already have a backlog of orders for 2021. We were already committed to buying at our timeline. So, the fact that 2021 order sheet is out meant that we did not need to wait much longer. I do hope that Escape can offer a little more in options, but we are committed regardless.

Thank you for your help and encouragement!
Old 08-21-2020, 08:56 PM   #186

Trailer: 2016 17B
17B / no a/c and no cable

we just purchased very nice used 17B which had hardly been used the two owners had the unit for short time, I did through cleaning however it wasn't dirty at all. The only things is that this 17B doesn't have air conditioning or cable outlet , however it has allot of cigarette lighter outlets? Don't know what that was all about but it doesn't smell like anybody smoked .....the a/c will have to happen we live in Montana and it was warm today and smoke from California started rolling in over the mountains and can't watch my cooking channels. We love the trailer , but A/c must happen. also the shower curtain was washed but I'd like new one but this one is fairly narrow and appears the normal home length, but not sure. Where in the USA northwest area do they sell escape trailer parts and assessor

thanks Carmel
wofat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 11:12 PM   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp4528 View Post
Worth taking time to watch the ETI from Aug 19 at https://youtu.be/_LGus1EAD78. ...
Thanks for this link. I watched it and found it very useful. Hoping for a better answer on the compressor fridge when the dust settles.
Old 08-22-2020, 11:40 PM   #188

Trailer: pending
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavm View Post
Rubicon327 - Thanks for clueing me in on TV! Had not thought of tow vehicle as TV.

For everyone recommending E5.0 - I did look up the details. Does look very impressive and the numbers are not very different from E19/21. Mentioned to my wife but she’d not entertain it. I should not press my luck!

I sent an email to the Escape company requesting a conversation - mainly to better understand some of the options though the threads here have been immensely useful.

I do have one question: We live in a multi-storied condo building, height limited garage and will be needing to rent parking for our trailer. I have looked at what is out there, thought not very thoroughly. Closer to the city is quite expensive (could add up to 1500-2000 per year for covered parking). A bit further out in one direction could be half that. With that background, the questions that arise:
  • How important is covered parking? Thinking it is necessary but worth confirming.
  • How important is climate control? Thinking it is not necessary with winterization, but...
  • How important is the ability to plug in? Not clear...

Assuming not plugged in, one might be starting with a warm refrigerator and only partially charged batteries. Does anyone have experience / advice relating to this?
I was on the board of directors in a condominium. CHECK if they will even allow you to park it in your own spot, never mind any where else. All it takes is ONE cranky owner to complain and you are on the street ! Most condo's have a mile long list about parking spot usage. reason I moved out of a condo was the internal politics and dictatorial practices. A great motivator for boob-docking
Dee Lirious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 09:27 AM   #189

Dee - Thanks for pointing that out. We will have to rent storage space for the trailer elsewhere. We have underground parking and it is not possible physically. The monthly parking rental was a consideration in our delay in going pursuing this direction, but we have made the decision to rent storage for the trailer.

Since the post you responded to, we already resolved to buy E 5.0 and placed the deposit on it. I just started a build sheet thread on it this weekend.

Thanks again!
Old 08-23-2020, 11:10 AM   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavm View Post
Dee - Thanks for pointing that out. We will have to rent storage space for the trailer elsewhere. We have underground parking and it is not possible physically. The monthly parking rental was a consideration in our delay in going pursuing this direction, but we have made the decision to rent storage for the trailer.

Since the post you responded to, we already resolved to buy E 5.0 and placed the deposit on it. I just started a build sheet thread on it this weekend.

Thanks again!
You are in Utah, look up Harvest Right freeze dryers. You might find it interesting to help pack food away. I have one, the freeze dryer, not the RV yet. Maybe we can swap !
Old 08-23-2020, 11:25 AM   #191

I wouldn't believe everything I read. This is Utah. You don't need to freeze anything to dry it. The air is so dry that you leave it outside and it dries up by itself

No way you are getting an RV for that. You'd have to come up with a more credible bridge to sell for that

PS: Looked it up. I did not know they existed - but then, we aren't into freeze drying anything either.
Old 08-23-2020, 11:46 AM   #192

the beauty of it is that you cook your food/meal freeze dry it and then when you want to eat it, just add water and warm it up. The food does not need any refrigeration and is VERY light weight. Perfect for long trips like going to the moon !
NO, I have no vested interest in the company, just happen to be a retired chef and it is another way to play with food. NOW I have to buy the RV, and go boon docking to justify having boxes of freeze dried food with shelf life longer than mine
Old 08-23-2020, 03:03 PM   #193

Dee - I am not a retired but an active chef

It definitely seems like a good idea, but I associate it what backpacking. Our backpacking days are over (before they really started). The knees aren’t good enough to carry the backpacking loads. So, we either do day hikes or do multi-day hikes in Nepal, where one has tea houses and can hire a porter to carry the majority of the pack weight. With E5.0 - we ought to be able to cook our food closer to consumption.
Old 08-23-2020, 06:46 PM   #194

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
I am pretty sure...well, I'm positive...that this is the wrong spot to post this but I was so surprised (Is gobsmacked a word?) that a man who said he was a dealer drove up to our rural home just now and asked if we wanted to sell our 2010 Escape 19. At first he said he knew nothing about it and then his back story was that he liked the size of it. I, of course, am not willing to part with it. In the conversation afterward, I told him it wasn't just ANY trailer, and that it was at one time special ordered from Canada from which there is not currently an easy way to replace the trailer if I did sell it. At the end of the conversation, he said there were no trailers to buy right now and the company isn't making any at the current time. (How did he know that? That cannot be true!) So....it started me thinking that maybe I'd better be more careful about securing it to its concrete pillar that supports its shed! This is a plummy place to do some thieving. (Lots of mail thefts, and other such stuff around this part of the county) For a guy who knew nothing about Escapes, he sure said enough to make me think he did indeed know something about them.

Anyone have any experience with people who drop by to ask stuff like this? Our other experience was years ago with a whole other trailer, also old but not an Escape.

Emjay
Emjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 07:15 PM   #195

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Escape and fires in California

A friend just called to let me know trailers are going to be in high demand due to the scarcity of dwellings now that most of northern California is aflame. People are looking for trailers because they have no where else to go/live. In my just posted message, I was suspicious of this guy's motives and explanation. NOW I think he's out to make a buck. He told my son before I was out to talk to him that he thought I might like to sell it for 10,000. It is probable he wanted to resell up north for a nice profit.

Hah!

Emjay
Emjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 07:45 PM   #196

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Bet he's one of those critters from Nipomo Mesa!
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 09:05 PM   #197
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by wofat View Post
..... however it has allot of cigarette lighter outlets? Don't know what that was all about but it doesn't smell like anybody smoked ....
those outlets are NOT suitable for actual automotive cigar lighters, they are strictly for 12V accessory power, for things like USB chargers, and such. I wouldn't pull more than about 12 amps off one (150 watts) and prefer to try to stay under about half that.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 10:41 PM   #198

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
Bet he's one of those critters from Nipomo Mesa!
Or worse from The Dunes! Very weird though and would also take extra precautions to secure after that encounter.
Old 08-30-2021, 01:47 PM   #199

Trailer: 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by camp4528 View Post
Worth taking time to watch the ETI from Aug 19 at https://youtu.be/_LGus1EAD78.

They were caught by surprise with the speed of sales of all remaining 2020 construction slots so wanted to get pricing out to give 2021 customers enough indication to book a 2021 slot.

I think we’ll see more concrete details of the options specifications, new colour schemes etc in the coming weeks in plenty of time to finalize build sheets. For example, A single Lithium battery may be acceptable if it’s big enough.

I will be very interested to see how your build sheet evolves!!
I believe that the cost of a single battery seems high because that includes the controller. I think that you would have to purchase a controller even if you bought your own lithium battery.