Possible new buyer - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-10-2020, 08:10 AM   #121
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central, Pennsylvania
Trailer: Escape#4, 2019 Escape21 DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 22,730
The ez lube feature is standard but I do not think self adjust brakes are available.....
__________________

__________________
Jim
Sometimes life gets in the way of living......
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 08:23 AM   #122
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Trailer: Plan: 2021 May - E5.0
Posts: 123
Hello CasperScape!

Thank you so so much for this post! It does seem like you started very close to where we are and bought your Escape for very similar motivations.

I must say “handy” is not something either of us can claim to be. I was trained as an engineer but was better at concepts than the practical aspects . Anyway, I will be here to ask folks what the “toolbox for Africa” looks like. If I can figure that out - we will definitely pack that and more. No questions about that. I will look for some thread on the forum where people share the contents of their toolbox.

On the handy part - we can definitely use a maintenance boot camp to get trained. Hopefully Covid will be calmed down by next May and we can at least pick up our trailer in person and soak up some knowledge from the Escape folks. And, there was a mention of a rally nearby in May, So, if timing works out at all - we will plan on that.

The rest definitely fits our plans - high axle, solar, lithium batteries. The EZ-lube hubs and self adjusting breaks I am not clear about. Are they for the trailers and if so, is that an option or add-on?

We will definitely get enough vehicle to tow. Likely the 2021 F150 with the new 3.5 L PowerBoost hybrid engine and max tow package. Will learn about driving a pickup truck before picking up the trailer

Many thanks!
__________________

kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 09:20 AM   #123
Site Team
 
padlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southwick, Massachusetts
Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Posts: 6,876
Here's a start... https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...lbox-9046.html
__________________
Happy Motoring
Bob
padlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 09:21 AM   #124
Senior Member
 
Perryb67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2018 5.0 TA
Posts: 804
We've owned 15 previous campers, three of them fiberglass (16' Scamp, 17' Casita, 25' Bigfoot) and won't get another sticky. Our previous camper was a 2185 Lance sticky that was a great disappointment. It's build, design, and finish was poorly executed, and it pulled with poor gas mileage (9.4 mpg) than our 25' Bigfoot that weighted 1500#'s more (over 11 mpg). We rarely got much more than 10 mpg with our previous stickys. For us, fiberglass is more aerodynamic. Plus, don't have to worry about the outside leaking, delaminating, hail damage, etc.

Two years ago we looked at 19' and 21' Escapes and ordered a 21' to be picked up in December 2019. We had had a Jayco 27' 5th wheel before so knew sway was not an issue. So Terry agreed, while we still could change our order, to look at a 5.0. We traveled 2 1/2 hours to look at the 5.0 and were there with the owners for nearly two hours. After getting back into our truck we made it an entire block before we both agreed to cancel the 21 and buy a 5.0.

The major reason was the non-crawl-over queen bed with 11 inches of room on each side. Terry says NO crawl-over beds ever again and I need room on the side of the bed to throw my legs and arms. The 5.0 is ETI's only model to meet these needs.

The 5.0 has more easily accessible storage than any other ETI model, including the 21' with storage box. OTOH the 21' has a larger kitchen and bath.

I've measured and the length of the 5.0 and our truck is nearly identical to the length of the truck and 5.0 pulling a 19. Less to worry about with a 5.0 when going through dips and creek draws than with a 21. Except for the cheap F-150's, all the F-150's we considered had bedside heights that should have the lift package. I don't want to be making a turn with a dip and have the hitch hit and damage our PU's bed sides. If you go off-road get the lift package. In 2004 we lifted our Jayco 27' 5th wheel four inches for this reason and purchased an adjustable step that we still have. It's large area give a great solid place to step down. Get the lift package, and an adjustable step (from another vendor).

We don't carry boats or large bulky items in the back, but do carry either two expensive trikes or one expensive e-trike and another expensive e-bike. Carrying these is no problem with the 5.0. One e-trike can ride in the bed of the PU underneath the swinging hitch, and the other either on a rack on the back of the 5.0 or Terry's e-bike in the back seat area of the truck. Your bikes will be no problem with the 5.0.

We previously had a 2015 extended cab, 6.5' box F-150. Last November we got a great deal on a 2019 quad cab, 6.5' box F-150. We store Terry's folding Tern e-bike behind the drivers seat and that extra foot with the quad cab allowed our other items to be accessible, rather than crammed in like sardines. Get the quad cab with the 6.5' box.

On our first 200+ nights we were fine with just the 170 watt solar on the roof. Then we ran into two extended stays in the winter down south, with full tree cover, where even a second panel would be no good. We since have purchased a Renogy 100 watt portable solar with Victron 100/15 controller and 45' of cable to power us in those situations. We've needed it twice since then and it worked perfectly. We added a lid on the top step to the bed and the Renogy is stored there, out of the way. Buy at least one solar panel from ETI AND have a Zamp solar port installed for when/if you purchase a portable.

We had extra USB/12v ports installed: one one each side of the bed (at the foot, where they are easily accessable, plus we deleted the 110v outlet and don't miss it), one below the u-shaped dinette, and one outside, along with a 12v plug for our 12v tire pump. I wish we would have installed a USB/12v above the dinette on the drivers side, next to the refrigerator, on the cabinet face, to have a charging station in the upper cabinet. I've purchased the USB/12v port and will install it sometime this summer/fall. Make sure you install extra USB/12v ports.

Previously, we had a Reese 5th wheel hitch. It was at least 70 pounds or more and was a PITA to remove/install to allow us to use the full bed to haul large items. We have the rail version of the Andersen hitch so our trike will fit in the bed. The rails are only 1" off the bed and really never get in the way. The gooseneck version takes up more space, so the trike would not fit. The Andersen hitches are light (45 pounds for the rail version) and are very easy to install/remove. Get the Andersen hitch.

The above opinions are just mine and hope they help you make your decision. The rest of the options are personal, but the above we either use all the time or wish we had installed by ETI.

Enjoy,

Perry
__________________
Those who know everything use pens. Intelligent people use pencils.
Perryb67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 09:38 AM   #125
Senior Member
 
Perryb67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2018 5.0 TA
Posts: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The ez lube feature is standard but I do not think self adjust brakes are available.....
We don't use the EZ Lube feature and every 10,000 miles max have our brakes inspected, and then it only takes 15 minutes to have the bearings cleaned and repacked. The EZ Lube has been known to fail, polluting the brakes with grease (it happened with our Lance, and know three trailer places that have seen it).

Our 5.0 has self-adjusting brakes that will be removed this fall when our Dexter warranty expires. We have had a couple of trailers that the self-adjusters quit working on one or more wheels so you only have two or three wheels braking. You simply adjust your brakes when you go in for brake inspection/bearing repacking.

When everything works fine the EZ lube and self-adjusters are great, but compared to automobiles they are just poorly made toys. Just my opinion!

Enjoy,

Perry
__________________
Those who know everything use pens. Intelligent people use pencils.
Perryb67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 09:49 AM   #126
Senior Member
 
TTMartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Punta Gorda, Florida
Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Posts: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
We don't use the EZ Lube feature and every 10,000 miles max have our brakes inspected, and then it only takes 15 minutes to have the bearings cleaned and repacked. The EZ Lube has been known to fail, polluting the brakes with grease (it happened with our Lance, and know three trailer places that have seen it).
This likely comes from using a power grease gun, and not a manual grease gun and/or not rotating the tire as the grease is being added. I sincerely doubt an RV service department would take the time and effort to do it properly. Not when they can just stick a power grease gun on and blame the EX Lube system if they mess it up.

https://youtu.be/XT0RKDGgDm8
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 01:23 PM   #127
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Trailer: Plan: 2021 May - E5.0
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Thank you very much for that excellent link! I have copied the tool set and link for future reference!
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 01:57 PM   #128
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Trailer: Plan: 2021 May - E5.0
Posts: 123
Perryb67 - Thank you for the detailed post and advice.

Our rough plan for E5.0 features is- (not a full list, features to be added in time)
  • High lift axle
  • Nev-R-Adjust Dexter axle self-adjusting break enhancement - special order item
  • 2 solar panels (more if that's an option)
  • Exterior shower
  • Dual 6V batteries - will also be adding Lithium batteries, but don't know whether they replace or add to the 6V. Hoping that Escape itself can install.
  • 1500V inverter - all outlets
  • Surge protector
  • Removable power cord
  • AC + heat strip (we would like the winter travel options)
  • Wireless camera
  • Frameless windows (including bathroom)
  • Spray foam insulation
  • Keyless entry
  • External access hatch
  • Toilet shut off valve
  • External LED lighting
  • External propane quick connect- not sure what it is full, so a maybe
  • Zamp
  • Various outlets and interior LED lights. The challenge is to visualize the interior to decide where all they go. Will err on the size of too many than too few. Noted recommendations:
    • One 12v outlet outside for tire pump - might drop for connection to the Power OnBoard for F150
    • USB/12v above the dinette on the drivers side + next to the refrigerator, on the cabinet face
  • Delete 110v outlet for TV
  • Bathroom wall reinforcement + possible grab handle
  • Like the Danfoss fridge idea, and will definitely explore it closer to the purchase - though it might need to be done after market
  • Did read about the more accurate power controllers and gauges/monitors. Thinking we might have to do it aftermarket - unless Escape upgrades the option list.

As far as F150 goes - we are thinking:
  • Likely Lariat - Supercab - 6.5 ft bed
  • Max tow package
  • New 3.5L Powerboost engine - slight hesitation to go with a new engine but like the next (Power On Board) option that requires it..
  • Pro Power OnBoard (this is an onboard generator new on 2021 F150)
  • Various interior packages for comfort and technology based upon our inclination

No kayaks, etc. Will have two bikes. We are active road bikers and have expensive bikes. Will likely get a couple of more rugged mountain bikes for this purpose - as the areas we visit are not great for road bikes.

I went into all that to share that we are following the wonderful advice here - and adding our personal ideas as well. Now the questions:
  • What is a lift package?
  • Will definitely get an Andersen hitch. Assuming the Covid situation is resolved - just have the shop nearby (roadmasters?) install it. It seems to come in two versions - rails and gooseneck (bigger footprint). Not sure which works best and what we are trading off. Have been reading various threads but my comprehension has been less than 100%.

So, we are learning. Not being very handy or knowledgeable about the systems is a handicap but we shall overcome that - with help from the generous community here and with learning by doing once we have acquired it.

I will admit that our date (May 2021) is a bit far out and kind of regret that. But it cannot be helped and it will give us time to learn and be ready.
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 01:58 PM   #129
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Trailer: Plan: 2021 May - E5.0
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
This likely comes from using a power grease gun, and not a manual grease gun and/or not rotating the tire as the grease is being added. I sincerely doubt an RV service department would take the time and effort to do it properly. Not when they can just stick a power grease gun on and blame the EX Lube system if they mess it up.

https://youtu.be/XT0RKDGgDm8
Thanks for the video. It seemed quite good. I have stored the link in my Tools and Maintenance folder. Many thanks!
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 02:24 PM   #130
Junior Member
 
CasparScape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Caspar, California
Trailer: E-19 2018
Posts: 9
Self-adjusting brakes

I have been reminded that the Nev-R-Adjust Dexter axles are a special order item. I would still recommend them if they are available and affordable for you.
CasparScape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 02:40 PM   #131
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Trailer: Plan: 2021 May - E5.0
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasparScape View Post
I have been reminded that the Nev-R-Adjust Dexter axles are a special order item. I would still recommend them if they are available and affordable for you.
Thank you for pointing it out. I have added this item (in the self-adjusting brakes category) on the tentative order list.
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 03:05 PM   #132
Junior Member
 
CasparScape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Caspar, California
Trailer: E-19 2018
Posts: 9
high lift axle and self-adjusting brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavm View Post
Thank you for pointing it out. Do we ask them about it in the context of High Lift Axle option? Or, are these break enhancements that are put on their (high lift) axle?

Adjusting my post earlier to add this to the list.

PS: Sorry if that's a dumb question but we are on the clueless side and figure it is best to confirm. I did add it on our ordering worksheet (just an Excel file I am keeping), but want to make sure I have the context right.
Not dumb questions at all--I had to refer to my build sheet to refresh my memory.
The high-lift axle option is a separate item from the Nev-R-Adjust Dexter Axle (with self-adjusting brakes). But, as some others have replied, not everyone feels that EZ Lube hubs (which I understand are standard equipment) and self-adjusting brakes are good ideas.
Welcome to the forum wealth of opinions!
__________________
ZCasbah
CasparScape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 03:15 PM   #133
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Trailer: Plan: 2021 May - E5.0
Posts: 123
Thanks! I have added them to the list. We can check around finalizing the order.

Our idea of maintenance is to take the car to the dealer and try to appear intelligent while agreeing to everything they recommend . So, self-adjusting breaks seems like a good thing as we aren't likely to notice if they need manual adjustment.

We will work out the maintenance schedule and follow it religiously. But - we aren't generally likely to be monkeying around with tools underneath the trailer spotting something that requires maintenance. That's a good thing as we are likely to do more harm than good


Sorry - edited my earlier post you responded to as I thought I was being dumb.
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 03:19 PM   #134
Senior Member
 
rubicon327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Burlington Twp., New Jersey
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Posts: 4,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavm View Post
Thank you for pointing it out. Do we ask them about it in the context of High Lift Axle option?
High lift and self-adjusting brakes are completely independent items. The high lift is just a spacer kit (axle tube isn't raised) so it doesn't affect anything about how Escape orders their axles.
__________________
“One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure.”― W.F.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 03:24 PM   #135
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Brockville (Near Ottawa), Ontario
Trailer: Leaning to Escape 5.0
Posts: 48
I have been following your discussion with vicarious enjoyment, because I am going through the same processes as you with the same basic conclusions and possible timeframe. Remember that I am a complete newbie like you, so these comments will be firmly grounded in ignorance.

You might also include in your spreadsheet what you're not doing. [For the rest of us], and for comments by the experts on this forum.
- bathroom window. I would be inclined to get the opening slider to make it easier to get a rinse hose into the bathroom.
- I was leaning to slider windows everywhere but saw a Bill and Nora (?) youtube today of a new 5.0TA with the frameless windows and they open much more than I had expected, so I might go that way. Undecided but still probably leaning to sliders.
- Are you doing the manual awning? I would be inclined for automatic because of personal mobility issues.
- U shaped dinette? I'm on the fence on this one since I think there will be more wiggle room without the u shape, and can still comfortably seat 4 without. Thoughts?
- I would also go for the higher-end ceiling fan with the remote, again for the mobility reasons. There's some hints on the forums that Escape won't do this any more.
- Foot toilet? Seems more convenient to me, although I saw the discussion about breaking.
- Agree about the Lithium batteries and compressor fridge. Those Lithium batteries are still pretty pricey ($1000 for 80ah, compared to $200 to add 125 ah with the Escape batteries, based on a 5 minute exploration of the campingworld online store. (I have no loyalties there - it just came up on a google search for the batteries)
- folding Kitchen counter extension. Adds counter space for little cost in space.
- I would do the oven instead of the stovetop, but that's just me. I do bake from time to time at home. I may need to learn to make biscuits. If they're as light and fluffy as others on the forum, they would help offset the weight of the trailer.
- That same video showed the standard height axles on the trailer attached to the pickup truck. It looked like there was lots of room. I think that will all depend on the nature of the roads you head for and height of the truck walls.

For a truck, I'm still leaning to midsized, Ranger, Colorado/Canyon or Tacoma with the Anderson hitch. If the Ranger Supercab has a big enough back seat for the grandkids, I would probably prefer that with the 6' box. Otherwise it would be the GMC/Chev supercrew+6' box. There are hints Ram is coming with a midsize for 2021, so that might be worth looking at. The payload rating on the Tacoma is not quite enough for my comfort. And the 5' box on the Supercrew Ranger isn't quite long enough.

I've noticed there were 4 5.0TA in the Escape trailer inventory last week and this week there are 0. I'm wondering whether this pick up in orders is a normal thing for this time of year, or if something else is going on. Not to belabor that video, and it was just the one case, but they waited something like 8 months for their trailer to be delivered. So you might want to take that into consideration with your ordering lead time.

Thanks again for sharing your thinking kavm. Like I said, I'm finding it very useful for my own thinking.
camp4528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 03:54 PM   #136
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Trailer: Plan: 2021 May - E5.0
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by camp4528 View Post
I have been following your discussion with vicarious enjoyment, because I am going through the same processes as you with the same basic conclusions and possible timeframe. Remember that I am a complete newbie like you, so these comments will be firmly grounded in ignorance.

You might also include in your spreadsheet what you're not doing. [For the rest of us], and for comments by the experts on this forum.
- bathroom window. I would be inclined to get the opening slider to make it easier to get a rinse hose into the bathroom.
- I was leaning to slider windows everywhere but saw a Bill and Nora (?) youtube today of a new 5.0TA with the frameless windows and they open much more than I had expected, so I might go that way. Undecided but still probably leaning to sliders.
- Are you doing the manual awning? I would be inclined for automatic because of personal mobility issues.
- U shaped dinette? I'm on the fence on this one since I think there will be more wiggle room without the u shape, and can still comfortably seat 4 without. Thoughts?
- I would also go for the higher-end ceiling fan with the remote, again for the mobility reasons. There's some hints on the forums that Escape won't do this any more.
- Foot toilet? Seems more convenient to me, although I saw the discussion about breaking.
- Agree about the Lithium batteries and compressor fridge. Those Lithium batteries are still pretty pricey ($1000 for 80ah, compared to $200 to add 125 ah with the Escape batteries, based on a 5 minute exploration of the campingworld online store. (I have no loyalties there - it just came up on a google search for the batteries)
- folding Kitchen counter extension. Adds counter space for little cost in space.
- I would do the oven instead of the stovetop, but that's just me. I do bake from time to time at home. I may need to learn to make biscuits. If they're as light and fluffy as others on the forum, they would help offset the weight of the trailer.
- That same video showed the standard height axles on the trailer attached to the pickup truck. It looked like there was lots of room. I think that will all depend on the nature of the roads you head for and height of the truck walls.

For a truck, I'm still leaning to midsized, Ranger, Colorado/Canyon or Tacoma with the Anderson hitch. If the Ranger Supercab has a big enough back seat for the grandkids, I would probably prefer that with the 6' box. Otherwise it would be the GMC/Chev supercrew+6' box. There are hints Ram is coming with a midsize for 2021, so that might be worth looking at. The payload rating on the Tacoma is not quite enough for my comfort. And the 5' box on the Supercrew Ranger isn't quite long enough.

I've noticed there were 4 5.0TA in the Escape trailer inventory last week and this week there are 0. I'm wondering whether this pick up in orders is a normal thing for this time of year, or if something else is going on. Not to belabor that video, and it was just the one case, but they waited something like 8 months for their trailer to be delivered. So you might want to take that into consideration with your ordering lead time.

Thanks again for sharing your thinking kavm. Like I said, I'm finding it very useful for my own thinking.
Thank you veryu much, camp4528! That's very encouraging. Good ideas! I will make a list of what we are not doing as well. Headed out for biking - so will give a short answers:
  • bathroom window. I liked the idea of slider but the elegance of the frameless windows wins with me
  • Manual awning? We are thinking manual right now. It's a 50-50 item, so might change our mind at the end.
  • U shaped dinette. Same thought process. There will be just the two of us. Thinking more space without the U-shaped. This is one thing that looking at some's camper will clarify - but we are very cautious about Covid and reluctant to pursue putting us or an Escape owner at risk right now.
  • I did not see an option of a ceiling fan. There was one on 19' version but not on 5.0. We will get the A/C - not because we will use it often but don't want to end up regretting. And, it could be handy if we have the need and power.
  • Foot toilet pedal - currently plan to skip that.
  • Lithium batteries and compressor fridge- Realize pricing might be high but will likely go this direction.
  • folding Kitchen counter extension. This seems like a good idea. I need to add this item.
  • oven - Will skip that. We hardly use the one in our home enough.
  • High lift axle - Definite. We will try to baby the trailer and minimize its use off-road but we like off-road as there are a inevitably a number of hikes we like to do but cannot because our car can't get us to the trailhead. Realize that the camper doesn't need to go there but have seen too many situations where the vehicle height becomes an issue to not question it for our usage.

We were toying with a smaller truck but don't like to cut corners. So, will go all the way and get what's the best option. We don't have a vehicle that could do the job anyway and why buy something that might be just enough.

I did hear that sales are brisk. Talked to Joldie at Escape yesterday and she said that there were 3 orders who who wanted a trailer asap. We don't like to hurry.

All the best and thank you for the encouragement! Keep us informed as you progress with your selection!
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 04:02 PM   #137
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central, Pennsylvania
Trailer: Escape#4, 2019 Escape21 DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 22,730
You already have a hose in the bathroom, called a shower hose or they have a hose accessory that attaches to the sink.
__________________
Jim
Sometimes life gets in the way of living......
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 04:15 PM   #138
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Brockville (Near Ottawa), Ontario
Trailer: Leaning to Escape 5.0
Posts: 48
Again thanks to all.

Ceiling fan. I was too lazy to look up the MaxxAir name. i think this is standard on the 5.0TA but there is a model with a remote control.

good point about the shower hose.

the mid-size truck consideration for me relates to size. if we leap this way the TV would become our only vehicle so want something strong enough to pull the 5.0 TA but small enough to putter around town.

thanks again for everyone’s help.
camp4528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 04:25 PM   #139
Senior Member
 
Greg A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Posts: 3,229
Trailers are the rage right now. www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com is at the lowest Scamp and Casita inventory we've had in quite some time. Trailers are selling within hours and a lot of the older inventory has been scooped up.
Getting nervous about getting campground space in the next couple of years.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 04:25 PM   #140
Senior Member
 
Ronn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Eagan, Minnesota
Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Posts: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavm View Post
T[*]U shaped dinette. Same thought process. There will be just the two of us. Thinking more space without the U-shaped. This is one thing that looking at some's camper will clarify - but we are very cautious about Covid and reluctant to pursue putting us or an Escape owner at risk right now.
You may want to consider your table mount options. Stock comes with two poles and ETI has the option of the Springfield (single pole). Besides one pole, I believe one other advantage with the Springfield is lowering it into a bed if you need to do that on a regular basis.

We had ETI not mount our table and we installed a Lagun Mount. No post to the floor. We think it is great, easy to convert to lounge or bed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1 Colleen working in SS.jpg (154.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 2 LagunRotateRt 4 IMG_20200104_164706.jpg (240.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 3Lagun 6IMG_20200104_163729.jpg (303.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 4Lagun Rotated.jpg (266.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 6 Table removed IMG_20200512_112848.jpg (355.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Bench Extension with table up.jpg (247.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Bench w extension mounted - No table.jpg (314.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Bench w Extension not mounted and no table (4).jpg (271.1 KB, 17 views)
__________________

__________________
The Sweet Suite
Ronn and Colleen
Ronn is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×